@TheOriginalCane -- How many counters we got?

grover

Senior
Premium
Rules have changed so much with Covid exceptions and blue shirts and transfer portal exceptions, a man can't keep it all straight.

1. How many high school kids and how many transfer kids are we allowed to take in the 2022 class?
2. Are we likely not to be able to max out the class because of team caps?

Now that we have a head coach who can actually recruit, following recruiting is going to be fun again!

Advertisement
Rules have changed so much with Covid exceptions and blue shirts and transfer portal exceptions, a man can't keep it all straight.

1. How many high school kids and how many transfer kids are we allowed to take in the 2022 class?

Now that we have a head coach who can actually recruit, following recruiting is going to be fun again!
I think we have 15 spots left.

I think we have 15 spots left.

Midlo, you know I'm thick headed. What does that mean? I'm assuming you're talking about class caps. We have 8 committed now that Medlock is gone. So you're saying we have 23 total counters available for 2022 high school commits? Or are 23 for all commits across HS and portal? Because I thought the NCAA added new counter rules for portal kids?

I may be mistaken but I thought the NCAA now allows up to 7 portal replacements depending on how many players leave. Does not count toward IC's

I’m not sure you realize what you just did…..

Advertisement
Oh crap. You mean releasing the Kraken that is TOC, lol? .... Look, @Cribby , you know he's going to have his point of view when it comes to counters. So best to invite him to the table. I don't have the energy or attention to detail to figure this stuff out anymore.
All jokes aside Toc knows this better than anyone on any board. I’d bet on that. I actually PM him occasionally to make sure I’m understanding completely. He’s a smart cat.

Advertisement
85 limit is likely the bigger concern than ICs for the class. I expect to see a good number of XYZ Miami player enters the portal come spring.

giphy.gif
TOC typing his counter post right now.

Advertisement
64 scholarships now with Zion and Ts coming back I expect Mario to run off some bad weight we got 25

How many of those are POWs that may need to be back on financial aid next season? I mean I love Ragone. But if Justin Flowe wants to transfer in, he’s filling out his FAFSA.

Even among the recruited scholarship players I bet we see 5+ more follow Wiggins and Pope to the portal. .

@TheOriginalCane , the honour of your presence is requested.

Advertisement
We can take 32 guys this year with the additional 7 if guys transfer (we already maxed that out)

Still have to be under 85 total and I haven’t looked at that number yet.

Manny had said they had the full 32 available so I assume it still applies
👀. Is there a cap on how many have to be recruits vs portal guys? Mario could transform this team in one year with 32 available scholarships.

Advertisement
Back