Them jackets live.

Advertisement
And somehow being what people made jackets, underwear, and sheets out of in the 70s makes it cool now. Don't ask me how that works, it just does.
You see this with sneakers all the time. Why does every retro Air Jordan release (specifically the Jordan 13's and earlier) sell out in minutes online and have people waiting around the block at stores, but the new Jordans sit on the shelf? The old school ones harken back to a particular time that has meaning for some. Or maybe when you were a kid your parents wouldn't buy you them, but you have the money to buy them now. It's funny because you have the same guys saying analogous stuff about Jordans like you hear about these jackets. Instead of "I'm not buying it without the pipe, the OG jackets didn't have the Ibis patch", etc etc it's "the OG Jordan 12's were made of a better leather than the new 12's I'm not buying the new 12's".

Bottom line is these jackets are fire and there's a reason the green ones sold out and the orange and white only have a couple sizes left before they sell out, too.

Advertisement
I didn't know that @reg was a male model.
Nah man! Those motherf'uckers owe me some money. I went to Braxton Berrios autograph signing event at CanesWear to show support. Brett, the general manager of CanesWear saw me and said, "Hey, man. Can you do me a huge favor and try on a couple of these new jackets that we will be releasing soon?" So, I went to the back to try them on. It turned out to be four jackets and he kept asking me to smile. The **** was kind of creepy. Next thing I know, I'm seeing my picture posted on their Twitter promotions for the new "fire" Starter jackets.

@DMoney, you might want to holla at your boy Brett, because when I see him, he better pay up or imma bust his head till the white meat shows! He can't just exploit a motherf'uckers looks like that! I got feelings!

Last edited:
Advertisement
This just may be the only good thing about New York weather compared to Florida. I can rock this jacket half the year.

New York is ***aloon central. You have to go all the way to Cali to find that kind of ***aloon density.

New York is ***aloon central. You have to go all the way to Cali to find that kind of ***aloon density.
Not sure where you're from, but clearly you felt compelled to talk about your knowledge of **** sometime between 10:29pm and 1:29am on a Saturday night.

Cool story.

Advertisement
Jacket just arrived and I love it, but I'm surprised at how warm these keep you. You can probably wear this in 20 degree weather and I was more expecting it to be something for 50-60 degree weather. I have no idea how 2 Live Crew rocked these in concerts in Miami without sweating 10 pounds a show. Also, they definitely run large, not true to size.

rsz_1rsz_aaaa.png

Jacket just arrived and I love it, but I'm surprised at how warm these keep you. You can probably wear this in 20 degree weather and I was more expecting it to be something for 50-60 degree weather. I have no idea how 2 Live Crew rocked these in concerts in Miami without sweating 10 pounds a show. Also, they definitely run large, not true to size.

View attachment 58846
I’m normally a large and my **** felt like I could wear a medium.

View attachment 58846
I agree. Mine arrived on Thursday and I am beyond shocked regarding how thick the jackets are and was/am very impressed with the quality as well.

Advertisement
If anyone wants to re-up or missed out on one of the colors the first time around, Caneswear just restocked. Some green ones available now.

If anyone wants to re-up or missed out on one of the colors the first time around, Caneswear just restocked. Some green ones available now.

Fk me. I just sent the kids to camp and now this.......

I'm gonna be selling *** on the streets pretty soon

Advertisement
Back