The Worst Stretch of UM Sports in My Adult Life

Advertisement
IMG_3906.jpeg

Campre didn’t get the mope memo.

I agree with you, though I'm not a new basketball fan at all. I still feel even some of the tough years we had previously somehow didn't feel as bad as this one. Those teams were at least exciting to watch and you wanted to root for them. But yes looking forward to the new additions for next season.
Miami basketball under Frank Haith wasn’t exciting, unless Jack McClinton was carrying the load and shooting from the parking lot. This team is frustrating because we expected so much more and they just can’t get it going.

4b5942815f23c40342949e0c5b1037f5221ee526c16f27c43919c86ff13d9a03.jpg

I will never get over how humiliating this moment was...

Dabo: "Don't you even fckin look at me, you sorry excuse of a Coach.."

Folden: "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to waste your afternoon sir. I would've just forfeited if I could but they wouldn't let me, I swear!.."

View attachment 283131

Folden: "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to waste your afternoon sir. I would've just forfeited if I could but they wouldn't let me, I swear!.."
In my 30+ years of going to games one of the few games I walked out of in utter disgust. Left at halftime shaking my head and saying I’m not coming back until Golden is gone.

Advertisement
View attachment 283131

So embarrassing with these horrible coaching hires like Folden after once having the most dominating college football team in the country.

Well, UM beisbol 7 run 8th inning to come from behind to take the lead against Long Island University. Things looking up.

View attachment 283131

Man once I got the alert that he was fired, I just knew better days were on the way but they weren’t

Advertisement
Brutal. Especially given the preseason expectations for Football (many thought we could be a 9 or even 10 win team), and historically high expectations for Basketball coming off a Final 4 (preseason top 5 to 15 in most polls).

Real talk; Miami goes 10-3 last year of Tyler Van Bust doesn't forget how to read a zone defense.

Georgia Tech, North Carolina and North Carolina State were all winnable football games with better quarterback play.

Bozo threw eight of his 12 interceptions of the year in those three games.

Man once I got the alert that he was fired, I just knew better days were on the way but they weren’t

Things were marginally better under Mark Richt. At least he gave Miami a thrilling 2017 season and a bowl win the year prior.

I was just too little too late with an over the hill head coach who was leaning towards retirement until his alma mater called... and his hiring of Manny Diaz obviously led to his defensive coordinator getting the nod when he stepped down.

Per the poll below, it seems ~40% of CIS was thinking 9 or 10 (or -- yikes -- more) wins in 2023.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have been "happy" with 8 wins last season, but I probably would have been content with 8 wins (and assuming no embarrassing kneel situation that shakes all faith in the coaching staff's gameday competence).
I thought Miami was a 9 win team last year. I didn’t allow Mario to lower my standards for the program.

Advertisement
Don’t expect anything you’re hoping for to come through…then when it doesn’t you won’t be disappointed but if it does you get to enjoy the euphoria.

Great way to ease the stress in life .

Football: 7-6 (3-5)
Baseball: Bounced in home regional
Basketball: Men’s and Women’s teams will miss the NCAAT, Men’s having started the season in the top 10.

train discover GIF

Remember when fans were convinced that Rad was moving in silence like lasagna, and was secretly arranging for a P2 move and getting UM sports back to the top? The JD Arteaga hire pretty much let all the air out of that balloon.

Advertisement
I think we'll be pretty good this year, brother.

It'll be one of the most talented teams we've had in a long time and the bottleneck isn't the QB position (which it has been in the past for talented teams we've had). We should be a 10-2, 11-1 type of team next year.

Ts and Ps to the University to reach this lofty goal.

Advertisement
Back