The Worst Stretch of UM Sports in My Adult Life

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
Football: 7-6 (3-5)
Baseball: Bounced in home regional
Basketball: Men’s and Women’s teams will miss the NCAAT, Men’s having started the season in the top 10.

train discover GIF

Advertisement
Basketball: Men’s and Women’s teams will miss the NCAAT

train discover GIF
Brutal. Especially given the preseason expectations for Football (many thought we could be a 9 or even 10 win team), and historically high expectations for Basketball coming off a Final 4 (preseason top 5 to 15 in most polls).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Men's basketball advanced to the Final Four last season and the Elite Eight the year before.

I became a Big East basketball fan in the late 1970's when we didn't have a team for God's sake.

Now we're supposed to be John Wooden-era UCLA or something similar?

Tom Cruise What GIF
Definitely not, but I don’t think it’s crazy to say the team’s performance this season does not match the talent. Only 38 points against UVA was the fewest points scored by any UM team since the program was resurrected in 1985 and the lowest output by any Miami team since 1948. That’s pretty bad. They’ve underperformed most of the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Basketball: Men’s and Women’s teams will miss the NCAAT, Men’s having started the season in the top 10.

train discover GIF
Basketball just went to the Final Four and Elite Eight in back to back seasons. If the 'stretch' you're referring to is ~11 months than sure, have at it.

Brutal. Especially given the preseason expectations for Football (many thought we could be a 9 or even 10 win team), and historically high expectations for Basketball coming off a Final 4 (preseason top 5 to 15 in most polls).
Disagree that 'many' thought we'd win 9 or 10 games in football. I think most would have been happy with 8 and we basically did if you take away the kneel game. Also show me where basketball ranked in the top 5 to start the year.

Advertisement
Back