The Work: Miami off to a scorching start with 2018 class

Honest questions Bork...Do you pay for a 247 subscription?

I wont judge you...ok who the fvck am I kidding yes I will

We're trying to figure out a ride situation for him to get down there for Jr day now. It's tricky cause img is leaving for the opening the same day so we need to get him to miami than back to Orlando for the opening on the same day... just trying to get him some face time with the staff & recruits as often as possible. Besides dugans says this should be an interesting saturday.

Real talk right here. If he doesn't come to Junior day, then he's probably not all that interested in UM. Seems like there's an Opening every other week, and it's not like he needs more pub. Everyone already knows who he is, and he's got offers from all the major players.

Going to Junior Day at UM shows a real interest in UM. Skipping to go to an Opening means he's more interested in showing out at some Nike event than building a relationship with UM coaches and recruits.

To each his own, but if he no shows at Junior Day, then that should tell UM fans pretty much all they need to know about his interest in UM.

You shouldn't say things you know nothing about bruh... when you go to img you sign an agreement to there. You have to do any and all activities they deem warranted. The opening is one of them. He voids his agreement with them if he misses it. Thanks for the opinion though.

I'd have to see that contract and the specific terms to believe it. I find it hard to believe they have a contract that requires the players to do everything they tell them to do or they get kicked out.

And I'd have to see IMG throw their best WR out because he wanted to go to an event put on by a school he's being recruited by and with whom he is trying to see if he has a relationship that he wants to extend for the next 4 years.

Thanks for your opinions too.

I understand its an opinion & I ain't trying to be an *** over it & u could feel free to call up the school or ask Pete to find out policy or take my word for it but that's 100% the case. When you go to img the vast majority of the kids pay 84k a year to go there. The school promises certain things from their end that they will do for the kid & you promise the kid will do everything in their power to help endorse & live up to the img brand. I'll tell you now also that were not able to go to both days of paradise camp because of img rules also. We had to snap on them about damaging his relationship with a school he has interest in attending for college. As a result were going on Saturday now only. Img has orientation those days

Advertisement
We're trying to figure out a ride situation for him to get down there for Jr day now. It's tricky cause img is leaving for the opening the same day so we need to get him to miami than back to Orlando for the opening on the same day... just trying to get him some face time with the staff & recruits as often as possible. Besides dugans says this should be an interesting saturday.

Real talk right here. If he doesn't come to Junior day, then he's probably not all that interested in UM. Seems like there's an Opening every other week, and it's not like he needs more pub. Everyone already knows who he is, and he's got offers from all the major players.

Going to Junior Day at UM shows a real interest in UM. Skipping to go to an Opening means he's more interested in showing out at some Nike event than building a relationship with UM coaches and recruits.

To each his own, but if he no shows at Junior Day, then that should tell UM fans pretty much all they need to know about his interest in UM.

You shouldn't say things you know nothing about bruh... when you go to img you sign an agreement to there. You have to do any and all activities they deem warranted. The opening is one of them. He voids his agreement with them if he misses it. Thanks for the opinion though.

I'd have to see that contract and the specific terms to believe it. I find it hard to believe they have a contract that requires the players to do everything they tell them to do or they get kicked out.

And I'd have to see IMG throw their best WR out because he wanted to go to an event put on by a school he's being recruited by and with whom he is trying to see if he has a relationship that he wants to extend for the next 4 years.

I understand its an opinion & I ain't trying to be an *** over it & u could feel free to call up the school or ask Pete to find out policy or take my word for it but that's 100% the case. When you go to img the vast majority of the kids pay 84k a year to go there. The school promises certain things from their end that they will do for the kid & you promise the kid will do everything in their power to help endorse & live up to the img brand. I'll tell you now also that were not able to go to both days of paradise camp because of img rules also. We had to snap on them about damaging his relationship with a school he has interest in attending for college. As a result were going on Saturday now only. Img has orientation those days

Junior day isn't all that big of a deal, but that **** about Paradise Camp just sounds stupid. For orientation? Man, give me a break. IMG sounds like a pain in the *** to be honest.

Junior day isn't all that big of a deal, but that **** about Paradise Camp just sounds stupid. For orientation? Man, give me a break. IMG sounds like a pain in the *** to be honest.

Honestly they are a pain in the ***. If we had it all to do over he probably would've went to trinity or st.Thomas. but it is what it is & you gotta make the most out of the situation.

A lot of people are sleeping on Moore cause he had a lame junior season. Go check out that Sophomore tape.

before anyone else comments on moore, they really need to take this man's advice. that soph film was ELITE.

[HUDL]video/3/4844428/5721ce9fdfe23b2d68b3aa43[/HUDL]

88 catches for 1200 yards as a 10th grader in 8A football. That's pretty elite.

So the question is why did Elijah Moore struggle as a junior? Injury?

If I'm being ignorant forgive me as I don't know Broward football all too well but what does western usually go against? His sophomore that's who he played for not st.Thomas. I don't know if they play really good company too or not.

Yeah I like Moore, but to be honest, in the sophomore film it looks like he's playing against some JV squads. If he has a big senior year at STA I'll be impressed, but that sophomore highlight does nothing for me.

LOL. That sophomore tape is how he got all of his offers. So it did nothing for YOU but apparently it did something for a lot of college coaches.

And there's very few JV squads on Western's schedule. They play Plantation, Flanagan, Cypress Bay, South Plantation, Miramar, etc...all of which are on his highlight tape. He had one of his best games against Miramar.

Advertisement
So the question is why did Elijah Moore struggle as a junior? Injury?

If I'm being ignorant forgive me as I don't know Broward football all too well but what does western usually go against? His sophomore that's who he played for not st.Thomas. I don't know if they play really good company too or not.

Yeah I like Moore, but to be honest, in the sophomore film it looks like he's playing against some JV squads. If he has a big senior year at STA I'll be impressed, but that sophomore highlight does nothing for me.

Jake Allen was QB

Nuff said

Tyler Monaco was his QB.

He backed up Jake Allen at Cardinal Gibbons.

You will never find me defending Jake Allen (glad he's continuing UF's recent tradition of terrible QBs), but Harley still managed to look pretty good, as did Grimes before he got hurt. Moore, on the other hand, caught 9 for 42 yards.

I mean maybe I'm off-base here, and if there were other circumstances then please forgive my ignorance. However, I see no reason he couldn't have done better/gotten more burn after Grimes went down if he's the talent some say he is. As of now, he's a plan B kid imo unless he has a monster senior year.

That team is poorly coached, they get by purely on raw talent and recruiting.

Again, Harley and Grimes managed to look good.. Not saying Moore isn't talented, but he has proven nothing yet. Maybe he looks good in camps/7v7, but I don't bother with much of that stuff honestly. Far too many tshirt warriors out there who disappear when the pads come on.

Elijah Moore is gonna shut up a whole bunch of people this year.

I can see this **** playing out similar to the Travis Rudolph situation with posters.

Lots of people said that he looked mediocre in his Jr. film when he was first offered. That he should be a plan B type of kid.

Fast forward a few months and these same porsters were drooling at his Sr. highlights and almost commiting suicide when he chose FSWho?

These same porsters had selective memory and don't remember anyone saying the kid was mediocre or not UM material.

Moore just needs touches and opportunities. He will eat in a major way this year. With Grimes and Harley gone he'll get the opportunities and he'll ball out. Some of ya'll are still falling in love with stars too much and not paying attention to the film.

What film? He has done nothing against good competition. Around 4 yds avg. Grimes went down around mid-season, so how was he unable to break through?

I've already said I think he's talented, and I will have no problem accepting it if he ends up having a monstrous senior year. All I'm saying is he has simply proven nothing up to this point, and a sophomore tape against a bunch of dudes even shorter than he is will not convince me otherwise.

Some of you guys are embarrassingly clueless. His sophomore year he had 88 catches for 1200+ yards in 8A football. He played against D1 athletes almost every week and his best games were against the teams that had the most talent. (he went off against Miramar and Plantation)

He didn't do much as a junior because STA's offense didn't feature him. Holding that against him, as if that's some indication of his lack of ability, is retarded. The kid is a stud.

How the **** do you people think he got all of his offers?

paying 84k for high school. Are you ******* kidding me? enroll him in a **** public school and put that money in a **** trust for him. ****. I couldn't imagine who the **** goes there all 4 yrs. you could complete your undergrad and masters at any college in the US for that amount. Thats insane. Nobody ranked in the ESPN 300 should be going to that school. Don't care what the **** they have to offer, it aint worth all that money.

paying 84k for high school. Are you ****ing kidding me? enroll him in a **** public school and put that money in a **** trust for him. ****. I couldn't imagine who the **** goes there all 4 yrs. you could complete your undergrad and masters at any college in the US for that amount. Thats insane. Nobody ranked in the ESPN 300 should be going to that school. Don't care what the **** they have to offer, it aint worth all that money.

Clearly Hightower is going for free. That's why he has to attend all of the stuff that they require.

Advertisement

Honestly they are a pain in the ***. If we had it all to do over he probably would've went to trinity or st.Thomas. but it is what it is & you gotta make the most out of the situation.

Dee, I have to ask - Hightower is an elite recruit. I don't see the reason for going to IMG in the first place. Was sending him to IMG more for exposure? Or are there other benefits that exist that is the reason he's attending that school? If it's something that you wish to not disclose, then that's understandable.

paying 84k for high school. Are you ****ing kidding me? enroll him in a **** public school and put that money in a **** trust for him. ****. I couldn't imagine who the **** goes there all 4 yrs. you could complete your undergrad and masters at any college in the US for that amount. Thats insane. Nobody ranked in the ESPN 300 should be going to that school. Don't care what the **** they have to offer, it aint worth all that money.

He's not paying a cent. He's on scholarship. But the agreement is all the same. Vast portion of that school is rich kids that's parents are obsessed with the idea of their child being special at whatever sport he or she plays. Img caters to that.

Dee, I have to ask - Hightower is an elite recruit. I don't see the reason for going to IMG in the first place. Was sending him to IMG more for exposure? Or are there other benefits that exist that is the reason he's attending that school? If it's something that you wish to not disclose, then that's understandable.

Nah. It ain't no biggie. At IMG the schooling is secondary. He still has his academic obligations but he's a gates student. The boy has had straight A his whole life. He's going to be an early enrollee no matter where he goes. Img is all about preparing you for the next level. For training you to be the best you can be. The staff is in large part people that have achieved at a high level & know what's required,etc. On top of that there's personal stuff I'm gonna keep to myself. Sometimes you just gotta make the best of a situation. He is all about making the best out of what's put in front of him. The boy is mature far beyond his years.

In another post, there is information that Sitkowski is going to fspoo's camp. How is that possible Dee?

Advertisement
would be interested to see an article/compilation of recent img kids and their success in college football vs other kids. i'd imagine the heightened training regimen, quality coaches and general atmosphere of playing football as a job would give img kids a huge advantage vs recruits from regular high schools. plus they enroll early at a much higher rate. only downside i could see is being maxing out too early / complacency cuz the college weight rooms won't benefit them as much as other kids

that said, i personally don't think the investment is worth the training although that argument is a wash for kids on scholarship.

Again, Harley and Grimes managed to look good.. Not saying Moore isn't talented, but he has proven nothing yet. Maybe he looks good in camps/7v7, but I don't bother with much of that stuff honestly. Far too many tshirt warriors out there who disappear when the pads come on.

I can see this **** playing out similar to the Travis Rudolph situation with posters.

Lots of people said that he looked mediocre in his Jr. film when he was first offered. That he should be a plan B type of kid.

Fast forward a few months and these same porsters were drooling at his Sr. highlights and almost commiting suicide when he chose FSWho?

These same porsters had selective memory and don't remember anyone saying the kid was mediocre or not UM material.

Moore just needs touches and opportunities. He will eat in a major way this year. With Grimes and Harley gone he'll get the opportunities and he'll ball out. Some of ya'll are still falling in love with stars too much and not paying attention to the film.

What film? He has done nothing against good competition. Around 4 yds avg. Grimes went down around mid-season, so how was he unable to break through?

I've already said I think he's talented, and I will have no problem accepting it if he ends up having a monstrous senior year. All I'm saying is he has simply proven nothing up to this point, and a sophomore tape against a bunch of dudes even shorter than he is will not convince me otherwise.

Some of you guys are embarrassingly clueless. His sophomore year he had 88 catches for 1200+ yards in 8A football. He played against D1 athletes almost every week and his best games were against the teams that had the most talent. (he went off against Miramar and Plantation)

He didn't do much as a junior because STA's offense didn't feature him. Holding that against him, as if that's some indication of his lack of ability, is retarded. The kid is a stud.

kids looks elite to me

Advertisement

Sounds like they're trying to control where the athletes go to college.

IMG is a giant talent agency. SMH at the concept of a conglomerate talent agency getting their hooks in kids and forcing them to miss important events at colleges to attend an orientation at a football factory that they've already been at for a year. What exactly does Hightower need to get oriented with? Pretty sure he knows the place fairly well by now.

IMG Football Fake High School was created to locate football talent for the IMG agency. And their goal is to keep that football talent as isolated from outside forces as possible. It's like a fcking cult.

I wonder if they'd work so hard to keep their indoctrinees away from events with their partner University of Michigan and Harbaugh.

Nah. It ain't no biggie. At IMG the schooling is secondary. He still has his academic obligations but he's a gates student. The boy has had straight A his whole life. He's going to be an early enrollee no matter where he goes. Img is all about preparing you for the next level. For training you to be the best you can be. The staff is in large part people that have achieved at a high level & know what's required,etc. On top of that there's personal stuff I'm gonna keep to myself. Sometimes you just gotta make the best of a situation. He is all about making the best out of what's put in front of him. The boy is mature far beyond his years.

If he's mature far beyond his years, then why does it seem that Keyshawn is able to influence him...?

Thanks, Coach! I mentioned this in another thread (about his sophomore film). Too many porsters are clueless. Kid is a stud, in my opinion.

Definitely better than a lot of the guys the board is drooling over.

I'd say it's Pope, Williams, Moore, Copeland and Shwartz as the top guys on film that I've seen.

Hightower has all of the measurables, but comp looked very weak, so it's hard to tell what he can really do.

Just my opinion.

paying 84k for high school. Are you ******* kidding me? enroll him in a **** public school and put that money in a **** trust for him. ****. I couldn't imagine who the **** goes there all 4 yrs. you could complete your undergrad and masters at any college in the US for that amount. Thats insane. Nobody ranked in the ESPN 300 should be going to that school. Don't care what the **** they have to offer, it aint worth all that money.

IMG recruits athletes to its fake HS in order to indoctrinate them into their agency in the hope of signing them if they become NFL talent. Ain't a got**** chance in **** the athletes they're recruiting to that fake HS are paying $84k.

Advertisement
Back