The Work - July 7th

View as article
The Mike Smith story makes great contrast to what JJ did to make THE U great. JJ would take quick LBs and make them fast DEs. Al takes DEs and makes the slow LBs. JJ moved players on defense forward to increase speed at each level. JJ wanted wolves at each level, except DT where he wants a couple grizzle bears with quick feet. Al goes the other way to increase size at each level. Al wants fat cows, average cows and lean cows at the three levels of defense except DT where he wants some sort of bolder. The difference that makes on the recruiting side is small ankles and round butts vs thick ankles and lard butts. Al is trying to create the very team that JJ embarrassed out of college football -- and people wonder why we do not like Al Golden.

This, McCord would've been a **** raiser in JJ's defense at DE.

Shoot...

McCord probably would've had a monster career under the last coaching staff, to be honest. Marcus Robinson was a solid contributor for us and I don't think he had half the potential of McCord.

McCord is an all-conference player under any other staff. ****, if they used him like a real 3-4 OLB (Think Clay Matthews position before Capers kicked him inside) he could probably be a all-conference player. The two biggest personnel tragedies of the last 4 years are McCord and Tracy Howard. Gosh **** it, Golden

Dude...

Just watch what they do to Chad Thomas' career if they're still here for another few years.
They're already doing it. Chad didn't make a play all year in 2014. That's at least 25% of his career already down the toilet.

Advertisement
This, McCord would've been a **** raiser in JJ's defense at DE.

Shoot...

McCord probably would've had a monster career under the last coaching staff, to be honest. Marcus Robinson was a solid contributor for us and I don't think he had half the potential of McCord.

McCord is an all-conference player under any other staff. ****, if they used him like a real 3-4 OLB (Think Clay Matthews position before Capers kicked him inside) he could probably be a all-conference player. The two biggest personnel tragedies of the last 4 years are McCord and Tracy Howard. Gosh **** it, Golden

Dude...

Just watch what they do to Chad Thomas' career if they're still here for another few years.

What they will do? These are the 5 star DE from his class, it is safe to say he is behind every one except for the one that redshirted, and that is debatable frankly.

One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class got burn as a true freshman with 2.5 sacks for the perennial recruiting national champs.
One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class had 11.5 sacks as a true freshman.
One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class had 4.5 sacks and was a 1st team freshman all american.
One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class had 41 tackles, 4.5 sacks, led his team in tackles in its bowl game.
One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class preserved his eligibility and took a redshirt. Probably a good idea academically, he is at a top 5 university.
One of the 5 star DE from the 14 class burned his shirt for 7 total tackles, no sacks, no forced fumbles, but some valuable experience dropping into zone coverage.

Wow. That really puts things into perspective. Jesus. SMH

Pathetic.

Grace will be the best player on D this year....but good to see Trent there..

Ironically, Grace is the kind of LB that this staff usually doesn't recruit. IMO he's the best player on defense.

And we shyed away fro Skai Moore because of his smallish size as well. Would be great to have him and Grace starting in the same LB corp.

1-gap 4-3 with Perryman, Skai Moore and Grace at the LB spots. That's what we could've had last year. A nasty tone-setter in the middle with 2 speedy OLB's. SMH

Advertisement
The Black Hole defense. Recruits wander into it and never come out. Or better yet, the Worm Hole defense. A recruit wanders in, you don't hear from him for 3 or 4 years, and he comes out on the other side and gets drafted by some pro team on his potential.

Grace will be the best player on D this year....but good to see Trent there..

Ironically, Grace is the kind of LB that this staff usually doesn't recruit. IMO he's the best player on defense.

And we shyed away fro Skai Moore because of his smallish size as well. Would be great to have him and Grace starting in the same LB corp.

1-gap 4-3 with Perryman, Skai Moore and Grace at the LB spots. That's what we could've had last year. A nasty tone-setter in the middle with 2 speedy OLB's. SMH

Would've been one of the best LB corps in the country.

Advertisement
I love when the kids that we don't recruit kick our *** when they play against us. (i.e. Skai Moore and James Burgess) That should be something that a reporter brings up to Golden. I'd love to hear his explanation.

I love when the kids that we don't recruit kick our *** when they play against us. (i.e. Skai Moore and James Burgess) That should be something that a reporter brings up to Golden. I'd love to hear his explanation.

You think CIS is going to put their precious press pass at risk? LOL fluff pieces for days.

LOL,Golden can't coach but he can dance around questions as well as any politician running for president.He'll answer with something like he loves the effort our Lbs practice with and how much he appreciates their families and their contribution to the community or some similar crap.**** when he was asked about going 6-7 with 3 of the top 80 guys drafted he answered with he didn't want to take anything from the them on their day,he was happy they got drafted and not a single reporter questioned him back with what exactly did he mean.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back