The Work 8-25

Advertisement
Pete - have you heard anything lately on Calloway or D. Davis? Both looked pretty good this weekend. If I remember awhile back (months ago) wasn't D. Davis a nole lean? Would like them both at the U. Are there takes ahead of them or something?

Thanks, Pete.

I hate to harp on the Kayaa thing but if he was so convincingly ahead of Heaps, then why the lukewarm reaction from the players?

Thanks, Pete.

I hate to harp on the Kayaa thing but if he was so convincingly ahead of Heaps, then why the lukewarm reaction from the players?

i think everyone knows either boom or bust when you start a true frosh...

at least with a 5th year senior its either boom or mediocre

Advertisement
Thanks, Pete.

I was very excited about Brad being named the starter but the teams reaction hit me with a dose of reality right quick.

Pete - have you heard anything lately on Calloway or D. Davis? Both looked pretty good this weekend. If I remember awhile back (months ago) wasn't D. Davis a nole lean? Would like them both at the U. Are there takes ahead of them or something?

Advertisement
Milo has obviously convinced his parents that Miami is the best fit for him. Any insight on D.Davis & Callaway Pete?

Thanks, Pete.

I was very excited about Brad being named the starter but the teams reaction hit me with a dose of reality right quick.

As it should. He´s a true frosh who has never faced a live college pass rush and beat out an underwhelming, 3-college journeyman for the job. I love the fact the staff showed a willingness to choose him for the job, but as yet we have nothing to go on.

Never really had any doubts that Kaaya would win the job but man does it feel good now that it's official. NFL scouts will be put on notice.

Jaquan isn't just a great leader with high FB intelligence...he also has tremendous position-specific skills (foot frequency, spatial awareness, ball skills, tackling, etc.). There are obvious physical limitations there (size & speed) but that won't prevent him from being a high-impact player, likely from day 1.

Advertisement
I have more of a question surrounding the recruiting landscape of the South Florida area as whole.
Recently, we have seen UM make more a splash in regards to the elite level athletes coming to UM, from previous years under Randy, Coker and the first 2 years under Golden, and yes I know we've lost some but overall it's been better then before generally.

My question is I guess, has UM put that much more emphasis on recruiting in South Florida and the relationships have gotten significantly stronger, due to staff changes, product on the field, Golden seemingly being a good guy and all other variables? Or has it been that places like, and this is why I ponder this question, Louisville, USF, Clemson and so forth, seemingly haven't recruited as hard down here, which I guess could lend itself to a combination of both. That UM has built a bit of a fortress in the area and made it harder to get into. It just seems as though the main competition we get nowadays for recruits is mainly UF, FSU, Alabama and on occasion Georgia and OSU.

If anyone has opinions or some information, that be great. Plus, I think it be a good talk.

Advertisement
Any update with Tyrek Cole? We seem to be trending with him, I've seen several crystal ball flips from FSU to Miami recently and was curious if there was any reason for that.

The fact that one of the biggest playmakers and leaders in Dade County history is ranked as the #41 player... in FLORIDA (!) by Rivals and isn't even in the Scout top 150 tells you everything you need to know about the failed mailmen and wanna be jock sniffers who rank these kids.

What more do you need to see to give up on the system?

Ranks and ratings mean ****. Look at the offer sheets.

The fact that one of the biggest playmakers and leaders in Dade County history is ranked as the #41 player... in FLORIDA (!) by Rivals and isn't even in the Scout top 150 tells you everything you need to know about the failed mailmen and wanna be jock sniffers who rank these kids.

What more do you need to see to give up on the system?

Ranks and ratings mean ****. Look at the offer sheets.

Perfect example ex commit OL Feder 3 star with us goes to Ohio Taint and becomes a four star and Rivals top 100 player despite being ranked as 50th best OT. What a joke!

Advertisement
Back