The Work 3-28

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Miami made a big move with Deejay Dallas this weekend. Dallas visited on Friday and I have been told that it was major for Miami's chances. Dallas left before Saturday for his school prom, but a sign that this is serious is that his family visited the next day on their own. The family was in town for a friend's birthday party, but for them to come the day after without Deejay shows that the Canes are a major player. Big priority for Miami at the receiver spot.
[PLAYER]439[/PLAYER]

**STA WR Mike Harley has been making waves on the camp circuit and is definitely an electric athlete, but as of now do not look for him to wind up as a Hurricane. Miami has others higher on their board and Harley is not a priority. This is a good sign for Miami's chances with Jerry Jeudy, which I mentioned a few weeks back that the Canes had been feeling very confident with.
[PLAYER]824[/PLAYER]

**Southridge CB Shawn Davis has been making trips recently, including one to UF where he had some positive things to say about the Gators. Some people have asked if the Canes have anything to worry about, but I've been told that Miami still holds a strong lead. I would be surprised if he winded up elsewhere.
[PLAYER]456[/PLAYER]

**Mater Academy CB Latavious Brini is in a similar spot as Davis. Brini has recently taken trips to FSU, UF, and UGA, but Miami remains in solid shape to land him. Canes are not worried here. Safeties coach Ephraim Banda has made a big impression on him.
[PLAYER]830[/PLAYER]

**Also at defensive back, Josh Jobe and Gilbert Frierson are two premier Miami commits in the 2018 class. I'm told that LSU is making a strong push for both, but signing day 2018 is a looooong ways off. Just something to monitor. As I've mentioned previously, Patrick Surtain, Jr. is a massive target for Miami in this class as well.
[PLAYER]467[/PLAYER][PLAYER]782[/PLAYER]

**A sleeper prospect in the 2017 class to keep an eye on is Lake Worth SDE Jonathan Garvin. The Canes offered a few week back and Coach Kool absolutely loves his upside. Watch for Miami to make a big push for him.
[PLAYER]807[/PLAYER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Harley news surprises me based on Richt's comments re: WR speed.

at first it would but when you think about the space and that he is going hard after Deejay and Jeudy. it makes sense. i do believe we need that small burner guy though every class.

Advertisement
I believe Harley is waiting to see how high his stock rises before he commits anywhere. He said a offer from FSU would definitely change his perception. I personally like speedster Devonta Smith a bit better what's our chances with him?

I believe Harley is waiting to see how high his stock rises before he commits anywhere. He said a offer from FSU would definitely change his perception. I personally like speedster Devonta Smith a bit better what's our chances with him?

Pretty good, former commit at Georgia under CMR

Advertisement

Pretty good, former commit at Georgia under CMR

Thnx.....

Advertisement

Yup, but he just accepted a WR that runs a 4.9 40 too...

Harley ran a 4.53 at the showcase, he's not a burner neither
Stop getting caught up on 40s bro

...what?? He's not a burner ...at all, he ran that twice. Quantino Allen's faster than him and he's got an extra 40 pounds on his body, and Devonta Smith ran 4.49 and he's three inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. Sorry if you don't like facts

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back