The Work 2-27

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0195.JPG

**Based on what I've heard, Miami is the favorite to land The Citadel grad transfer Dee Delaney who visited last weekend. Adrian Colbert was essentially Delaney's host and that could end up paying major dividends. Colbert told CanesInSight that Delaney's personality reminded him almost exactly like himself and thinks that it could play a role in his decision. A source added that they would not be surprised to see Delaney commit to Miami sooner rather than later. I am not sure what other schools are in contention.

**The Canes could not have done much better with their high priority IMG targets this weekend. Artur Sitkowski committed Saturday night and Mark Richt could not be happier. As I said on the podcast last week, this was the top guy on his board at QB. Ron Dugans has also helped the Canes position themselves nicely to land WR Brian Hightower, who also visited this weekend. Hightower fits he mold of the type of big-bodied receivers that the Canes are targeting in this class outside of Mark Pope, who is not tiny himself.

**Miami is trying to follow up a strong 2017 recruiting class at the offensive line spot with another big pull in 2018.

I caught up with Curtis Dunlap yesterday after he made a surprise visit to Coral Gables with some of his IMG teammates.you can catch the entire update here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/117921. UM also feels as though they made a big move for Dunlap on Saturday. He received an invite to the Opening Finals.

Erick Marrero has been all over this one, but I can confirm that Miami has essentially put themselves in the lead with Cleveland Reed as well. As Marrero posted earlier, the Miami staff made a big impression on Reed's mother. The private school atmosphere was apparently eye-opening for them.

Southridge lineman Delone Scaife was the most impressive player in the trenches at the Miami Opening in my opinion. He received an invite to the finals in Oregon and I would look for him to receive a 4th star and bump in the next set of rankings. Interestingly, he was playing left tackle on Sunday but he projects as either a center or guard in college. Scaife told me that he played last season at 285 pounds and he is currently at 304. He carries that weight well and his coaches think that he could enter Miami around 320. Coach Searels offered him early in the process last year and that evaluation paid off.

**Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz spent over an hour face-to-face with Fort Pierce Central David Reese and his father on Saturday at an on-campus restaurant. Reese's length and frame intrigue Miami and he is near the top of their board at the position. The individual attention paid to Reese by Diaz was big for them and I would monitor his recruitment closely knowing how highly the staff thinks of him.

**Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) tight end Brevin Jordan remains Miami's top guy at the position and he is very serious about his interest. Jordan told me today he is set to visit UM in April. An unofficial trip to Coral Gables would certainly be a major move. As we saw with another West Coast product, D.J. Johnson in the 2017 cycle, it is extremely important to get those guys on campus as much as possible.

**Quick note: There has been some traction on Twitter with IMG prospect Brendan Radley-Hiles, but I've been told that Miami is not recruiting him whatsoever and he is not in their plans either. Ridley-Hiles visited a Miami last weekend.

Advertisement
Good ****. News on BRH sucks but south Florida is loaded at DB but I love the way he plays.

Does bookie has serious interest in Miami or is he just playing on Twitter?

Thanks for the updates, Pete, as it looks like we are sitting in good shape with our top targets.

Advertisement
Good stuff Pete. Got any info about DL? We haven't really heard anything about DL Recruiting so far. Especially when DT recruiting is so crucial this year.

and any update on Glen Logan?

Advertisement
Pete, do you think we could make a push for Kevin Austin late? I really like his talent level, would not be surprised if he gets major burn at any program.

Did Rosendo Louis commit to us? You have him listed on your commit list.

Advertisement
Hey Pete, with the addition of Sitkowski to the class and the fact that things a trending up with other IMG guys Hightower, Cain, Dunlap help us in recruiting with Taron Vincent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back