The Work 11-13: Welcome to Crootin Season

View as article
Advertisement
People worrying about lb make me laugh. We go 9 deep in 2018, and that's not counting gordiniere and McCray..

The real need is at DE. The top 4 is set but we need to find 3-4 backups, especially since both Jacksons are gone after 2018.

I have a funny feeling that tyreic will move to chad Thomas' position, to go with Chatfield and Rousseau.

You don't recruit for the next season. People worried about linebacker are thinking about 2019, not 2018. Living paycheck to paycheck isn't the move in college football. You can get burned badly with that approach.

This. We've been burned too many times thinking like this. And smh at anyone who brings up numbers proving that we have plenty of depth. Gordiner, McCray are JAGS. Perry, Owens, Smith are all decent players but they are JRs and one might argue that they shouldn't be getting THAT many snaps. Plus, those guys don't play much STs. LBs are critical for STs units - only Jennings and Wilder do it. Wilder is extremely raw, Steed has been banged up and who knows about Jennings. I agree we don't need 3-4 LBs but I think 2-3 is the right number unless you KNOW 2 of them are going to be solid.

Gordinier has had real bad luck but he is far from a JAG! He was in rotation last year and in it again this year after fighting back from major surgery. I give him tons of credit.
And back to JAGS.......... this 10-0 team is all Al Golden recruits. Period! he didn't coach them well and Richt/Diaz are flat our better BUT you gotta back off the recruiting BS now because these are his guys.

In 2016 he injured his knee early in the first game on a special teams play against Florida A&M. Gordinier's a JAG in the sense where he just can't stay healthy; no fault of his own. But saying he was a rotation player is not exactly fact.

Here is the fact: YES, he got hurt on the opening kickoff and then on the next series with a torn ACL, made a solo tackle and covered someone in the flat before Shaq signaled to the sideline that he was hurtin. Rotational player last year. Yes.
Then this year he rehabs his way back and Diaz was raving about his comeback and effort. Before going down again, was the #1 backup to both Pinckney and Shaq. Anyway....not important now, but just giving the kid his due.

Seems the reason Briggs is not completely sold on miami is FSU is BSing him that they want him at DE while we want him insisde.He's a DT all the way but most DL prefer to play outside and collect sacks.

Well he is a DE in a 3-4 kinda like RJ was a DE in a 3-4. At this point though there are too many questions about FSU's DC anyway. Unless FSU is retarded, Kelly is getting fired and then they may hire someone who will run a 4-3 and Briggs just isn't a DE in a 4-3. Lastly, if you don't want to play for Kool and this defensive scheme, I give up....

Agreed...all you had to say.

Briggs going to f**k around and not even have a spot come NSD. If we get Goldwire there is no guarantee there is a spot for Briggs. He needs to make a decision soon.

Advertisement
Briggs going to f**k around and not even have a spot come NSD. If we get Goldwire there is no guarantee there is a spot for Briggs. He needs to make a decision soon.

I think the two aren't mutually exclusive. I want Goldwire so we bring in a JUCO guy to bridge the gap given that we're slated to lose Moten and possibly McIntosh and/or Norton. Briggs' spot I feel is contingent on other guys that may commit.

Advertisement
Back