The Work 10-23

View as article
Beware any "commit" who is hedging on signing early.

Huge warning sign for me

I said the same thing awhile back and got negged to ****. For Silvera, you could make the case that he's waiting to see what Norton and McIntosh are going to do. But if that's the case, then you're not really committed. I don't pay attention to the SEC articles about Jobe, but him not signing in December would be baffling given the lack of depth in our secondary. He'd be in the 2-deep most likely and our starting safeties next season are seniors. By his sophmore year (Jobe), he'd likely be a clear cut starter.

I doubt this "waiting to see what happens with Norton and McIntosh" narrative on Silvera. With big-time recruits like him, wherever he goes there will be big-time talent on the DL. Unless he plans to be a big fish in a small pond at a place like Iowa State, he's gotta know he's going to have to compete at marquee programs.

Advertisement
Chill with your brock fetishes, gents. Ruining yet another thread. Just freaking ignore him and let the rest of us read in peace.

This, this, and this. Saw eight pages and became hopeful for some good discussion only to scroll through several pages of everyone arguing with Brock.

I realize he brings it on himself a lot of the time, but for **** sake please stop hijacking thread after thread. Just ignore it at this point if you really think it's that bad.

Nice sentiment and all, but people can't help themselves. If the mods haven't put a stop to this problem, despite it repeating itself over and over, I am not sure they genuinely want it to come to an end. Like you said, he created pages of responses and views, that is good for the owners whether it causes you to read through trash or not.

What wild and magnificent speculation. I don't get a dime from this site and I never will. I don't get more information, I don't get better access. I do it for the lolve. People who create problems are nothing but a headache for mods, and yet if they aren't breaking rules there's nothing we can do.

If I can ignore a litany of posters whose opinions I personally and consistently find awful, then so can everyone else. There's no page view conspiracy or shadow directive to ensure certain posters stick around. I specifically stepped into this thread to stop "pages of responses and views" that were off topic, which disrupts that narrative completely.

If a poster is not initiatiting attacks on other posters or constantly detailing threads, if he's not trolling or posting inaccurate information, what on earth is the problem we're supposed to "put a stop to" that ignoring him or her can't already solve.

Also added that homer would be ready and look how that turned out. Tyshon dye would have carried us to the acc championship if walton got hurt ?..... he has 35 Carries 134 yards 3.8 ypc on the season... but he was such a difference maker for the season according to some of you

Once again, we get these same insane responses from Brock and others who misstate our concerns about RB depth.

Nobody said that a grad-transfer would be a "difference maker for the season" or would "carry us to the ACC championship". That was NEVER what ANYONE said. Nor did anyone question whether Homer "would be ready".

Instead, over and over again, many of us pointed out what was behind Walton if Walton got hurt. Homer, who we ALL liked, and then a collection of unproven and untested talent.

You can't just plug-and-play Tyshon Dye's stats and conclude that he would not help us. He might have only 35 carries for a half-season, but if he was with UM, he would now be getting more touches in Walton's absence, and running behind an OL that has been very good thus far.

The REAL point here is that Brock and others were telling us not to worry about RB so that they could argue for saving scholarships for the future, not because anyone was claiming that a grad-transfer was going to "carry us to the ACC-CG" or be a "difference maker".

We wanted depth. Brock just wants to be "right".

Grads transfer for playing time. They don't transfer to provide depth and hope someone gets hurt so they can play.

Stupid comment with no perspective.

AT THE TIME we could have/would have/should have signed a grad-transfer, Homer had not played or established himself as a reliable option. So, essentially, a grad-transfer is coming in with the thought that he would be the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] [/URL] RB at UM.

Grad-transfers don't simply choose a school with zero players at their position. They decide based on a reasonable chance to play, not that they are handed the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] position with no competition.

COACHES are the ones who have to plan for depth.

Stupid comment with no perspective. There's a reason no grad transfer came here...it's because they knew they would likely be a number 3 back. Likewise, there is a reason Gus transferred, because he knew he would like be a number 3 back, or at best share carries with the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] back, unless someone got hurt. Grad-transfers like all transfers go to schools where they have a high likelihood of getting playing time.

Let me see if I understand your ridiculous use of logic.

You have a 4-star player from Clemson looking to play somewhere else for 1 year.

You can go to Miami. Yes, the #1 guy from last year is back. But the #2 and #3 guys chose to leave. The ONLY production from ANY OTHER running back on the roster is a guy who had 7 rushes for 44 yards. One guy on the roster is coming back from a season-ending surgery. Another guy on the roster hasn't played in a couple of years due to high school injuries.

The other choice is East Carolina. Yes, the #1 guy from last year graduated, but the #2 and #3 guys are still there. In addition, a former 4-star recruit, who transferred in from Tennessee, is eligible to play. And you have a 3-star sophomore and a 3-star freshman in the mix. Good lord, ECU has a greater number of healthy scholarship running backs than Miami has.

And yet you are arguing that NO GRAD TRANSFER RUNNING BACK was ever going to come to Miami because...they could see into the future and know that Homer was going to excel? Give me a break. Dye chose ECU so he could stay close to home, not because the UM depth chart was so daunting.

Ridiculous.

Pete:
Polendey looks like the only legit TE we have on the roster who has experience working with the team. He is a good receiver but more of a solid blocker.
He was 223 lbs. at the Nike and last was listed at 230 lbs on the roster.....in the off season he needs another 15-20 or so quality bulk.
Have you heard anything on his weight now?

If Polendey was any good he would have played last weekend instead of a DE who has been playing TE for 4 weeks. When Patchan was out there bumbling around at TE against Syracuse that told me a lot about Polendey.

I'm still holding out hope because he's young, but you're probably right. Someone in a thread also mentioned that Patchan's dad was at the game because his team was honored at halftime or something which could also explain why he got burn, but I don't see Richt as the type to do something like that.

Pete:
Polendey looks like the only legit TE we have on the roster who has experience working with the team. He is a good receiver but more of a solid blocker.
He was 223 lbs. at the Nike and last was listed at 230 lbs on the roster.....in the off season he needs another 15-20 or so quality bulk.

If Polendey was any good he would have played last weekend instead of a DE who has been playing TE for 4 weeks. When Patchan was out there bumbling around at TE against Syracuse that told me a lot about Polendey.

I'm still holding out hope because he's young, but you're probably right. Someone in a thread also mentioned that Patchan's dad was at the game because his team was honored at halftime or something which could also explain why he got burn, but I don't see Richt as the type to do something like that.

That's not why Patchan got playing time at all. Richt's not going to put Patchan in just because his dad was being honored with the '87 team. He got playing time because Irvin Jr. was suspended for the game and there's no other TEs (Polendey excluded who looks like a RS candidate) on the roster backing up Herndon.

Advertisement
Chill with your brock fetishes, gents. Ruining yet another thread. Just freaking ignore him and let the rest of us read in peace.

This, this, and this. Saw eight pages and became hopeful for some good discussion only to scroll through several pages of everyone arguing with Brock.

I realize he brings it on himself a lot of the time, but for **** sake please stop hijacking thread after thread. Just ignore it at this point if you really think it's that bad.

Nice sentiment and all, but people can't help themselves. If the mods haven't put a stop to this problem, despite it repeating itself over and over, I am not sure they genuinely want it to come to an end. Like you said, he created pages of responses and views, that is good for the owners whether it causes you to read through trash or not.

What wild and magnificent speculation. I don't get a dime from this site and I never will. I don't get more information, I don't get better access. I do it for the lolve. People who create problems are nothing but a headache for mods, and yet if they aren't breaking rules there's nothing we can do.

If I can ignore a litany of posters whose opinions I personally and consistently find awful, then so can everyone else. There's no page view conspiracy or shadow directive to ensure certain posters stick around. I specifically stepped into this thread to stop "pages of responses and views" that were off topic, which disrupts that narrative completely.

If a poster is not initiatiting attacks on other posters or constantly detailing threads, if he's not trolling or posting inaccurate information, what on earth is the problem we're supposed to "put a stop to" that ignoring him or her can't already solve.

Simply to address your final paragraph, here is a thought.

While it is hard to define "trolling", Brock frequently "trolls" in the way that he insults and demeans other posters (and, sure, maybe he falls a bit short of a "personal attack"). When people then critique him, he launches a barrage of insults and "FOH" tough-guy nonsense. Brock is the typical guy with a glass jaw, he shatters once you hit him with something solid.

Yes, it is possible to "ignore" him, either willfully or with technology. And I believe that works with someone who only occasionally posts. But Brock's post count is so high, and he insists on posting in nearly every thread, such that it is hard to avoid responding to his more outrageous arguments.

Thus, I would only say that none of us have a "fetish" with Brock, it is the other way around. Brock didn't go to UM, he doesn't live in Florida, he is obsessed with UM sports (which is fine), and he is obsessed with inserting his opinion into nearly every conversation on this board.

I completely understand that his behavior may not be something that earns him a ban, but I don't think that everyone else is to blame either.

You can certainly put posters on a post limit if you deem it necessary.

From a personal standpoint, I actively use these boards less than I used to, and I most certainly post less than I used to, mostly because the amount of redundant and trash posting, a chunk of which is done by one guy. Saying 'put said poster on ignore'...well, it works like a charm....unless the sheer volume of posts created by the person is, in of itself, disruptive.

If it helps, I'll gladly agree to be put on a 10 post-a-day limit along with Brick. Take one for the team, if you will...

Last edited:
Beware any "commit" who is hedging on signing early.

Huge warning sign for me

I said the same thing awhile back and got negged to ****. For Silvera, you could make the case that he's waiting to see what Norton and McIntosh are going to do. But if that's the case, then you're not really committed. I don't pay attention to the SEC articles about Jobe, but him not signing in December would be baffling given the lack of depth in our secondary. He'd be in the 2-deep most likely and our starting safeties next season are seniors. By his sophmore year (Jobe), he'd likely be a clear cut starter.

I won't neg anyone for having a reasonable opinion, but I also think it is too early to draw conclusions. Remember, this is the FIRST YEAR of the early signing period. This is the first year where kids might have to try to take all their visits by December, even if they are not early enrollees. And we don't know how college coaches are responding, if they are trying to play hardball with kids, or put pressure on them. And let's not forget that a bunch of top schools have coaches on the hot seat, so maybe some kids are hesitant to sign early until they see how the coaching carousel turns.

And, look, I realize that not all of that applies to UM. I'd love to have the entire class signed in December, but I'm not going to write off kids who don't sign the early paperwork.

There's a lot of uncertainty with this new rule, and I'm not going to fault some 17 year old kid who is a bit nervous about the whole process.

You don't have to be able to enroll early to sign early, right?

You only don't sign in December if you are not sure. We can't count on not sure, and they shouldn't count on a spot being there if that signing date comes and goes and they don't take an offer. All parties involved should assume the other party is still looking if they don't take advantage of an offer when they have it.

Going to be interesting for sure though. Going to be interesting how the treatment of the non signees alters. Offers and bags will start coming in, kids will stop being recruited because spots will be taken. Could be wild.

Exactly.

Too many adults are too easily duped by kids. If they're actually committed to UM, then they'll sign in December. No ifs, ands, or buts. I don't want to hear all this facquitry about them being kids and needing to enjoy the process and all that other enabling bullshyt verbiage the dupes toss around.

These 4 and 5 star guys have been recruited for at least two years and have been all over the globe. They've had plenty of time to schedule visits and get their dycks sucked.

I'm not advocating cutting stars like Silvera or Jobe loose if they don't sign in December. All I'm telling the dupes is that they are not really committed if they don't sign in December. Don't count on them and keep recruiting your *** off.

All I know is that I want the staff to start recruiting DTR from Bishop Gorman again... he has one of the most powerful arms in this class and he’s electric when running with the ball in his hands

Advertisement
Pete:

If Rick is playing daddy ball in a hotly contested conference game he should be fired and institutionalized immediately. People come up with the most idiotic **** theories imaginable on the internet.

Pete:

If Rick is playing daddy ball in a hotly contested conference game he should be fired and institutionalized immediately. People come up with the most idiotic **** theories imaginable on the internet.

I would buy it if we were up 3-4 scores with a few minutes left.

But that never happened.

He was out there because he was our second best option on Saturday.

Advertisement

While it is hard to define "trolling", Brock frequently "trolls" in the way that he insults and demeans other posters (and, sure, maybe he falls a bit short of a "personal attack"). When people then critique him, he launches a barrage of insults and "FOH" tough-guy nonsense. Brock is the typical guy with a glass jaw, he shatters once you hit him with something solid.

Yes, it is possible to "ignore" him, either willfully or with technology. And I believe that works with someone who only occasionally posts. But Brock's post count is so high, and he insists on posting in nearly every thread, such that it is hard to avoid responding to his more outrageous arguments.

Thus, I would only say that none of us have a "fetish" with Brock, it is the other way around. Brock didn't go to UM, he doesn't live in Florida, he is obsessed with UM sports (which is fine), and he is obsessed with inserting his opinion into nearly every conversation on this board.

I completely understand that his behavior may not be something that earns him a ban, but I don't think that everyone else is to blame either.

LOL are you ******* kidding me? Brock can certainly be overly aggressive at times, but don't you think maybe, just MAYBE, that is a direct product of everyone constantly coming at him? Of course he's no innocent victim, but for a VERY long time people have quoted fairly neutral posts of his and randomly attacked him. Actually, that used to happen incessantly and he only really started fighting back and being aggressive more recently.

Maybe not by your hands specifically, but the poor guy has been the resident punching bag around here for years regardless of the content of his posts.

Last edited:
Pete:

Time well tell about Polnedey and possibly this season. i recall I believe Ivins article where Patchen went to Richt and supposedly to get playing time volunteered to play TE as the depth at DE is strong.

Some questions I have are.
Has Polentey been played any this year?
If not is he going to a redshirt for the year.?
Is he injured enough to keep him from playing?
The Patchan experiment was just that for whatever reason. Maybe they knew Irvin was only going to be out a game in an attempt to "punish" him to see the light.

Pete:

Time well tell about Polnedey and possibly this season. i recall I believe Ivins article where Patchen went to Richt and supposedly to get playing time volunteered to play TE as the depth at DE is strong.

Some questions I have are.
Has Polentey been played any this year?
If not is he going to a redshirt for the year.?
Is he injured enough to keep him from playing?
The Patchan experiment was just that for whatever reason. Maybe they knew Irvin was only going to be out a game in an attempt to "punish" him to see the light.

Polendey played. They'd have to dummy up a fake season-ending injury to get him a redshirt.

Advertisement
[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]

Thread got a little derailed, but would like to follow up on what [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] mentioned. Chatfield has been to the last two games, and Nik finally got his offer; any word on if an offer is coming for Drew soon and do you know where we stand w Nik or if the staff is making him a priority?

Good looking as always w "The Work"

They offered bonnito already?

My fault; thought I read offered...but looks like they talked w him privately about wanting him.

LOL are you ******* kidding me? Brock can certainly be overly aggressive at times, but don't you think maybe, just MAYBE, that is a direct product of everyone constantly coming at him? Of course he's no innocent victim, but for a VERY long time people have quoted fairly neutral posts of his and randomly attacked him. Actually, that used to happen incessantly and he only really started fighting back and being aggressive more recently.

Maybe not by your hands specifically, but the poor guy has been the resident punching bag around here for years regardless of the content of his posts.

Stop the nonsense and try to differentiate between a personal attack and a critique of someone's posts.

Nobody "comes at a guy" for no reason. I agree that sometimes it can be imbalanced, with multiple guys critiquing one guy, but this STARTS with Brock. It may CONTINUE on some of his more benign posts, but that guy has an enormous ratio of garbage posts to worthwhile posts.

If he can't handle the criticism, and feels the need to lash out, he needs to figure it out for himself. He could change his posting style, he could post less, but calling people names and telling them to "FOH" doesn't make things better for him.

That's all.

The last good post on this thread was when Liberty asked Pete about the qb situation with Sitkowski that went unanswered. The rest :diaf:

Irvin , polendy, patchan, curry for the spring. No need to add a juco te when we have 2 elite tight end prospects coming in. 1 that will be ready for day 1... pete you sure about that regarding Jordan not being able to early enroll at Bishop Gorman? I’m pretty sure tate martell just did that at Ohio State and he came from Bishop Gorman as well last year

what in the world makes you sure Irvin is going to even be on the team? too many bad indications he won't be. they should absolutely look at a juco TE or grad transfer. and yes that is with how good jordan and mallory will probably be. better safe than sorry.

Take your lumps, I don’t see how you can kick off mike Irvin son on the team. We have enough with Jordan and Mallory. No need to add someone who won’t play just for depth in the spring period. It would be a dumb move

Ray Lewis and Edgerrin James not good enough to get the special treatment?

Edgerrin James nephew didn’t even want to play football like that and has given it up. He’s a promoter at the one now

Promoter?. Edgerrin James owns THE ONE. It doesnt take much to promote a strip club..but i guess it makes these kids feel special

Advertisement
Back