The Work 10-23

View as article
Irvin , polendy, patchan, curry for the spring. No need to add a juco te when we have 2 elite tight end prospects coming in. 1 that will be ready for day 1... pete you sure about that regarding Jordan not being able to early enroll at Bishop Gorman? I’m pretty sure tate martell just did that at Ohio State and he came from Bishop Gorman as well last year

Advertisement
Pete considering kool just was american heritage last week and then Andrew chatfield has visited for 2 straight home games at sun life stadium is that something worth monitoring?

Pete considering kool just was american heritage last week and then Andrew chatfield has visited for 2 straight home games at sun life stadium is that something worth monitoring?

What's good with Andrew Chatfield and Nik Bonitto? Both those South Florida dawgs will help us win big.

Advertisement
In the spring is time for POLENDY, PATCHAN to get alot of reps.

**** not sure if Irving would be a grades casualty then...so lets see. Dont think we need another te in the class though
I don't either, but if Irvin gets kicked out we'd be left with Polendey & walk-on Malik Curry as the only real TE's on the roster.

I'm not sold on Patchan being a legit TE, so they should at least look at a Grad Transfer next year, wouldn't affect the scholly count.

Jordan and Mallory won't show up on campus til June/July 2018, a Grad Transfer would provide solid veteran Depth until Fall camp.

Irvin , polendy, patchan, curry for the spring. No need to add a juco te when we have 2 elite tight end prospects coming in. 1 that will be ready for day 1... pete you sure about that regarding Jordan not being able to early enroll at Bishop Gorman? I’m pretty sure tate martell just did that at Ohio State and he came from Bishop Gorman as well last year

what in the world makes you sure Irvin is going to even be on the team? too many bad indications he won't be. they should absolutely look at a juco TE or grad transfer. and yes that is with how good jordan and mallory will probably be. better safe than sorry.

**** not sure if Irving would be a grades casualty then...so lets see. Dont think we need another te in the class though
I don't either, but if Irvin gets kicked out we'd be left with Polendey & walk-on Malik Curry as the only real TE's on the roster.

I'm not sold on Patchan being a legit TE, so they should at least look at a Grad Transfer next year, wouldn't affect the scholly count.

Jordan and Mallory won't show up on campus til June/July 2018, a Grad Transfer would provide solid veteran Depth until Fall camp.

El, I'd be straight with cross training Langham to be a Njoku WR/TE hybrid and rolling with Polendey and Curry just until the Fall. Brevin is GAME READY and will be a Day 1 starter. Why waste an 85 ship on a spring practice Greentree body?

Advertisement
Need updates on

QB
OT
DT
LB

Don't need updates on Jobe, Frierson, Silvera twitter fingers and their ever changing commitment/recommitment/reaffirment bull****. Toddlers at toy stores are more decisive than these kids.

Yawn. Another summary of guys that are current commits and when they may enter schooll

Would like some updates on the some 2018 non-commits please... how about top 5 left on board? Briggs, Campbell, Oyadele, Chatfield... who else? gotta have more than that, no?

Yawn. Another summary of guys that are current commits and when they may enter schooll

Would like some updates on the some 2018 non-commits please... how about top 5 left on board? Briggs, Campbell, Oyadele, Chatfield... who else? gotta have more than that, no?

You all keep forgetting Nik Bonitto. Might for real be the best player in the class when all is said and done. He has monster length and speed. Plays FAST. Has a nose for big plays. Imagine an in shape, bigger Pinckney

Advertisement

what in the world makes you sure Irvin is going to even be on the team? too many bad indications he won't be. they should absolutely look at a juco TE or grad transfer. and yes that is with how good jordan and mallory will probably be. better safe than sorry.

Take your lumps, I don’t see how you can kick off mike Irvin son on the team. We have enough with Jordan and Mallory. No need to add someone who won’t play just for depth in the spring period. It would be a dumb move

Last edited:

Take your lumps, you can’t kick off mike Irvin son on the team. We have enough with Jordan and Mallory. No need to add someone who won’t play just for depth in the spring period. It would be a dumb move

If Michael Irvin's son or Jesus Christ himself won't do the work they can't be on this team. No special exemptions. F who your daddy is, who are you? Sends a terrible message that Haskins can be booted but the spawn of a prominent alumnus is not held to the same standards. He has a legacy and an even bigger responsibility to carry on the legacy correctly. If he can't he can go play frat league intramurals

Last edited:
Advertisement

El, I'd be straight with cross training Langham to be a Njoku WR/TE hybrid and rolling with Polendey and Curry just until the Fall. Brevin is GAME READY and will be a Day 1 starter. Why waste an 85 ship on a spring practice Greentree body?
I don't need any convincing about Brevin Jordan, I was literally the first person to ever post on him on this Board.

Langham ain't moving to TE, and a Grad Transfer doesn't take up a scholly & he wouldn't be just a Greentree body.

The reason for it would be as a contingency plan, also adds a Senior TE who can provide depth & solid blocking.

I'm not arguing that someone should be brought in to start over Jordan or Mallory, I'm saying we could use another guy for depth, just like we could have at RB this year.

I like Brevin Jordan and all, but it's foolish to assume that he's going to come in day 1 and contribute the way Herndon has. Also, we may not have Irvin next year at this point. Our "seasoned" depth would be Patchan who's a converted TE-from-DE who has two major knee injuries he's had to overcome and Polendy who probably won't be physically ready to go next year given that he came in like a twig.

Take your lumps, you can’t kick off mike Irvin son on the team. We have enough with Jordan and Mallory. No need to add someone who won’t play just for depth in the spring period. It would be a dumb move

How so? Golden kicked Ray Lewis' kid off the team. And Richt has far more leverage at Miami and respect than Golden could ever aspire for.

Star players are given an extended leash, not legacy kids who don't contribute efficiently and are more of a distraction than an asset.

I like Brevin Jordan and all, but it's foolish to assume that he's going to come in day 1 and contribute the way Herndon has. Also, we may not have Irvin next year at this point. Our "seasoned" depth would be Patchan who's a converted TE-from-DE who has two major knee injuries he's had to overcome and Polendy who probably won't be physically ready to go next year given that he came in like a twig.

look at Jordan’s film, he’s an elite blocker and has college size already to Man the position. This is not madden you don’t just bring in 3 tight ends in one class. Getting 2 elite te’s in one class is almost unheard, it will be more than enough.

Advertisement
Back