The Work 1-29

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**There is a report that Brayden Lenius won't be visiting Miami this weekend, which would be a surprising development. As of last night, Miami and Brad Kaaya (his teammate) both felt very good about the chances of Lenius winding up a Hurricane. I was just told that Brennan Carroll is with Lenius right now and Carroll will be meeting with his mother in Vancouver later tonight. MORE - I'm told that Lenius' mom likes Miami a lot and is more than willing to let her son play his college ball here.

**Kaaya was with Coley this morning.

**With or without Lenius, I expect another receiver to be added in this class. The rumor of Ermon Lane picking Miami as a surprise on NSD are completely bogus. Lane is going to have trouble qualifying where he goes in the first place, as he does not have his test score yet. I've asked around about a late run at Rudolph and he seems locked in with FSU according to a person who spoke with him two days ago. I do not consider Isaiah Ford to be a legitimate target. This leaves CJ Worton. There has been mutual interest here for months spearheaded by James Coley, who has been recruiting Worton since his days at Florida State, where Worton just decommitted from. Worton would be the most college-ready receiver in the class if he signed with Miami (considering Berrios' knee injury). Although most people who have not see Worton play would characterize him as a pure slot receiver, that is not the case at all. He played both on the outside and in the slot for South Dade, where he was the county's leading receiver on the state championship team. He is 6-1, can run any route, consistently gets open, has great hands, and sneaky speed. This could be a very nice get if Coley can reel him in.

**There are differing reports out there about whether or not Travonte Valentine will visit Miami this weekend. I am told that Valentine does not want to visit, but those close to him are urging him to do so. Whether or not he visits, it is clear that Miami is not the likely destination.

**Be patient for official announcements on Calvin Heurtelou and Darrion Owens getting in. There may be a silence with them over the next few days, but that won't mean there is a hold-up. The Michael Wyche appeal was not granted. He will be here in May.

**more coming throughout the day, stay tuned

Advertisement
**There is a report that Brayden Lenius won't be visiting Miami this weekend, which would be a surprising development. As of last night, Miami and Brad Kaaya (his teammate) both felt very good about the chances of Lenius winding up a Hurricane. I was just told that Brennan Carroll is with Lenius right now and Carroll will be meeting with his mother in Vancouver later tonight.

**Kaaya was with Coley this morning.

**With or without Lenius, I expect another receiver to be added in this class. The rumor of Ermon Lane picking Miami as a surprise on NSD are completely bogus. Lane is going to have trouble qualifying where he goes in the first place, as he does not have his test score yet. I've asked around about a late run at Rudolph and he seems locked in with FSU according to a person who spoke with him two years ago. I do not consider Isaiah Ford to be a legitimate target. This leaves CJ Worton. There has been mutual interest here for months spearheaded by James Coley, who has been recruiting Worton since his days at Florida State, where Worton just decommitted from. Worton would be the most college-ready receiver in the class if he signed with Miami (considering Berrios' knee injury). Although most people who have not see Worton play would characterize him as a pure slot receiver, that is not the case at all. He played both on the outside and in the slot for South Dade, where he was the county's leading receiver on the state championship team. He is 6-1, can run any route, consistently gets open, has great hands, and sneaky speed. This could be a very nice get if Coley can reel him in.

**There are differing reports out there about whether or not Travonte Valentine will visit Miami this weekend. I am told that Valentine does not want to visit, but those close to him are urging him to do so. Whether or not he visits, it is clear that Miami is not the likely destination.

**Be patient for official announcements on Calvin Heurtelou and Darrion Owens getting in. There may be a silence with them over the next few days, but that won't mean there is a hold-up. The Michael Wyche appeal was not granted. He will be here in May.

**more coming throughout the day, stay tuned

You sly dog, you.

Advertisement
As always, thanks for the update Pete. However, there were tweets by Barry Jackson & Matt Porter saying that Owens, Heurtelou & Mayes have all officially enrolled...any insight as to where we stand with regards to that?

Advertisement
As always, thanks for the update Pete. However, there were tweets by Barry Jackson & Matt Porter saying that Owens, Heurtelou & Mayes have all officially enrolled...any insight as to where we stand with regards to that?

being enrolled and being officially announced are two different things. They are all enrolled, but we'll have to wait for the official announcement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man if we get cj id be a happy mother ****a the kids just GETS OPEN and doesn't drop a pass

Advertisement
Back