The Work 1-19

View as article
Advertisement
Thanks for update Pete. I'm sticking w/Scarlett staying put. I just don't see this young man dogging UM in the final hours leading up to signing day.

How is Jackson pathetic? He was the top db in the Alabama vs Mississippi game and has great length. Watch his tape. Marcus Lewis is an elite athlete that has great size and speed. In the mold of Artie burns but faster with better ball skills.

And Marcus Lewis is not commited to us and might very well not sign here.
I think the point is that we did not recruit enough CB . That we didn't offer viable local CB.

Curious that you think that... He had a great visit to miami and list miami as his leader and on top of that he said he probably wont visit any other schools and could decide in the next week or nsd. All signs point to miami especially with cager coming here as well...

That may very well be and he signs here.
But you can't count on that happening untill it does.
Not the first time we thought we lead for a recruit only to see him go elsewhere come signing day.
Not good policy to put all your eggs in one bascket.
Point remains that the staff didn't recruit enough CB's. Considering the viable local CB's they didn't offer.

we will land him. Leading with less than 2 weeks out and cager coming and a chance for immediate playing time..

J.C Jackson comes to mind.
Reguardless the point remains. Even if Lewis comes here two CB's is not enough.
That's the point! Two CB's in two years is not enough.
Considering what was available locally to them.

Ima go in if Scarlett stays .....and if knowles shows out in the coming years.....oh gawd im coming for your neck blackvern... you talk a lot of smack and it's all bad...you never have nothing positive to say your just a frustrated individual with bleakvisions

Advertisement
Recruits rarely flip late like that. No matter to what school unless its from Marshall etc. If they're uncommitted and 'leaning' it's one thing but to change their commitment on signing day, rarely happens. Scarlett is staying. He will be a star here.

art is one coach really earning his pay check as far as recruiting and developing talent

he recruits the tampa area......

I mean he oversees the ol development and recruiting..but i aint giving this dude all the credit in the worl...golden seems to put an emphasis on the ol spot...and seems to be hands on...

Kehoe stepped it up a bit...but Stoutland did better imo

Advertisement
Pretty sure we have more late decommits than Marshall has over the years. That being said I think Scarlett sticks.

Brad Kaaya is the only thing that we have going for us

Didn't people say that with Phillips too.
This is the rundown:
If Johhny Frasier goes on a OV to FSU then we are good with Scarlett. If Frasier doesn't go on the OV to FSU then Scarlett is gone. If Scarlett cancels his OV to FSu start dancing..

Oh great. Another poster who thinks that Scarlett couldn't become a Nole if we wanted. I don't care what anybody says, Jordan Scarlett is not playing second fiddle to Johnny Frasier. And if he does, he isn't a UM back anyway so go be a Nole. This is nuts. So people think Scarlett is holding out hopes that Frasier decommits so he can sneak his way into FSUs class? Lol. This kid is the best back in SoFla and probably the best in the state. (maybe Jacques Patrick is a little better) Go sit down with that ****.

Next year the emphasis in recruiting needs to be d-line and cb
We solidified WR & LB for 16 just got to hold on to them
We really addressed o-line this year

Advertisement
Scarlett sticks. Just retweeted Pete:

Manchild retweeted
Peter Ariz @PeterAriz · Jan 18
Brad Kaaya’s relationship with Scarlett could end up keeping him in the class. I’m more confident than I was heading into the weekend

What did Tyrek Cole do to lose his offer? Grade issue? Legal issues?

Both of these. There was a big academic scandal at Miramar that caused them to forfeit the remainder of the season, including playoffs. I don't believe Cole even played one game this year because he was caught up in this mess at Miramar.

Advertisement
I also think Gus will be our top back if he stays

I can't see that. He's the type who looks best in limited doses, or when the defense is worn out and subdued. Start him against a fresh attacking defense and the weaknesses show up.

Big credit to Gus for hanging in there and improving his game, though. Loads of energy. Refusal to go down.

Considering the number of talented little guys I see in Dade County high school football, makes no sense that we would lack numbers at cornerback. I understand a deficit a defensive tackle. The defensive tackles we do land, if any, need to be toilet trained, given our scheme.

As a USC alum I know they are rich in defensive tackle right now. Recruiting only a few seriously. Green is obviously one of them. He would be a nice get, but more of a luxury than essential, given their roster going forward. Seems like Miami's lack of talent and depth at the position would be an enticement for someone seeking early playing time, but of course that's been the reality for several seasons yet it never seems to trump the other variables, like standing there and being asked to absorb contact while others are actually dictating the game.

CB recruiting has been an absolute mess.

Does Golden even realize we only have 5 CBs on the roster? Howard and Crawford will be SRs, Burns and Elder JRs, Mayes (who was a major reach) a RS FR.

We need at least 3 in this class and it sure seems like if we miss on Lewis that it will only be Jackson in 2015.

Jackson and Lewis are solid pickups.... It's not miami fault that tyrek cole f_cked up. Otherwise he would be in this class....

There are a ton of solid CBs prospects that we aren't even recruiting in SFla. If we strike out with Lewis we are F'd again. A 2 year haul of Mayes and Jackson is pathetic, add in Lewis and it's still mediocre at best.

Ironically Al was complaining about only having 6 CBs on the roster in an article recently.
I remember that article where he whined about CB depth this year even though it wasn't an actual problem in 2014. Now, instead of stopping this alleged problem from becoming an actual problem, he has fcked it up badly.

Classic Folden. He's starting to lose track off all his lies.

Maybe Chad and Brad can fix it and bring us some top flight CBs.

dont know what Vern's success rate (unfortunately I've seen a lot that has been correct).with his bleak visions, but someone previously posted awhile ago (with proof) that he was wrong on Trayone Gray. That being said, with this coaching staff producing 6-7 in year 4, how can anyone be 100% confident that the top guys (Scarlett, etc) will sign in the end.

“I had a great time hanging with Brad Kaaya, that was probably my favorite part,” Scarlett said. “He showed me around and told me about how everything works down there. We’re already creating a nice bond with each other and I think that should help us out on the field next year.”

“I got a lot of things accomplished with Brad because he showed me all that,” Scarlett said. “It’s not hard to adjust with hanging around the guys because it’s always a good time. The coaches actually left me alone mostly to enjoy the lifestyle. They wanted me to understand what it’s going to be like the next three or four years.”

With Scarlett being on one of seventeen official visitors on campus, did he feel more like the hunted or the hunter?

“We did a lot of interacting and talking to each other about the best way to get things started,” Scarlett said. “I think I was doing more recruiting than getting recruited. I was one of the commits there and I helped out some of the other guys. I had to get in a couple guys ears to let them know it’s no worries.”

Scarlett does like Miami for football reasons of course but they’re not the only aspect that sold him on the school. He chose the education too and he was reminded of that part.

“I narrowed it down to a couple things I might major in,” Scarlett said. “I haven’t nailed it down yet but I still have a little time to get that done. I just like the academics though, it’s part of the reason I picked them in the first place. They kept telling me it’s a great thing to fall back on because football doesn’t last forever.”

Scarlett from Itu today

Advertisement
Back