The Work 1-12

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**There was talk that Chad Thomas contacted the FSU staff last week, but Thomas told me that is completely false. I texted Thomas to ask if there was any truth to those rumors and he called me immediately back saying, “Man, I don’t even call Miami coaches, why would I call another school that I’m not committed to? I didn’t call FSU at all.” Hopefully that puts an end to the talk that Thomas is wavering in his commitment.

**Another Booker T. Washington commit that some Canes fans have worried about is Demetrius Jackson, who said he will visit Texas Tech this month. I asked Jackson if there was any serious interest there and he said, “I’m visiting, but honestly not considering them at all.” Of course things can change if he is blown away by the visit, but Miami should not be concerned. I would not be surprised if he ends up not even taking the trip to Lubbock.

**I know there has been a lot of speculation as to what happened with Brandon Powell and Miami, but I can tell you the talk of Miami coaches telling him to wait to enroll is completely untrue. I have been told that Powell was not thrilled with the way Golden flirted with the Penn State job and Florida capitalized on that. I don’t really know what else Miami could have done given the circumstances, so it is safe to assume that Powell just preferred Florida for whatever reason. The point is that Miami wanted him and did not push him out of the class as some have suggested.

**For a while, I was unsure if David Njoku had a committable offer from Miami but I was told that it is legit. The Canes are in very good position to land Njoku as well as Brayden Lenius. Both are being pursued by the staff, which should tell you all you need to know about Derrick Griffin. Despite Griffin tweeting this week that he would be in Miami “sometime this month”, the Canes have moved on and he will not be here barring some unforeseen miracle. Technically, Griffin would have until the 23rd to enroll at Miami with classes beginning tomorrow, but again that is not expected whatsoever.

**Trayone Gray is another kid with question marks and I was told this past week that it is still a “long, long shot” and that he needs a “miracle” to get in. I expect Gray to wind up at a Prep School or Junior College, with the latter more likely.

**People continue to ask who I think Miami will end up with down the stretch and I do think there will be 3-4 prospects added, although they probably won’t be huge names. Njoku and Lenius are likely right now, but I’m very doubtful JC Jackson signs here and I just don’t know with Valentine anymore. It comes down to this with Valentine: He is visiting LSU on the 24th and Miami on the 31st. If he leaves the LSU visit without committing there AND follows through with the Miami visit, I think he winds up here. The challenge for Miami will be making sure they get that last crack at him. Hurlie Brown will need to work his magic. Also, look for a couple of kids to emerge down the stretch that we had not previously heard of (think Figueroa from last year).

**I’m told that Sony Michel has not shut down his recruitment despite being committed to Georgia, but that Miami is not being considered.

Advertisement
I call BS on Powell. It was a transcripts issue, just ask CAPS.

Would like the Njoku pick up, not sure what to think on Lenius.

Don't feel good about TV.

Advertisement
Thanks Pete! At this point one can just hope for the best. Ain't holding my breathe for none of these kids. Valentine needs to be the first kid the staff sees once the dead period is over with.

Advertisement
Any chance Miami takes another run at Daniel Gresham since Louisville isn't honoring his scholarship?

I call BS on Powell. It was a transcripts issue, just ask CAPS.

Would like the Njoku pick up, not sure what to think on Lenius.

Don't feel good about TV.

Great reading comprehension. He said nothing about any transcript issue, he addressed the rumor that UM coaches told Powell not to enroll. TOTALLY different rumor/issue.

The Transcript thing supposedly came from Powell himself per a guy from CS who talked to Powell the day he checked in at UF. And not surprising at all, considering that Yearby and Darling ALSO had transcripts delayed. It has NOTHING to do with grades or anything else, just a freaking HS being slow in sending paper work. Pull your head out of your @ss before you suffocate.

Advertisement
**I’m told that Sony Michel has not shut down his recruitment despite being committed to Georgia, but that Miami is not being considered.[?QUOTE]

the ****?

He is still our biggest fan though

can people please shut the **** up with the "biggest fan" routine? the **** has run its course.

and what the **** has possibly happened to have this kid give 2 ***** about this U now after his love affair with us?

Anyone at this point who cant CLEARLY see what is going on with Sony, I dont know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Daniel gresham back on the market. Louisville new staff is not going to honor his commitment. So pete you think they might go after him again.

Good stuff Pete. Besides official visits are there any upcoming Junior Days at Miami or other events for recruiting?

Advertisement
Back