The weakness of this team starts with the fans

Advertisement
I'm so numb to football right now.

Losing to UF was difficult given the circumstances but at least understandable. New coach, new coordinators, first-time starting QB, a yound one, tough game national TV, nerves, etc.

Losing to a team that was 5-18 over the past two seasons pushed me over the top.

NC was the worst team in the Coastal last season and the second worst in the ACC. The year prior they were the worst in the ACC. The talent differential between them and us is significant. The only thing worse would have been losing to Bethune-Cookman or FIU later on this season.

And frankly, it's not so much the offense, but WTF happened to the D? Last season we rolled the NC offense.

I think they made the right choice re: Jarren Williams, and Diaz may be an OK head coach, but his choices of coordinators are, as were my fears, completely uninspiring and bad. I initially became concerned at the reasoning behind the selection of both yet I played the "wait-n-see" card. I didn't even remotely think it possible to have the D playing this poorly. As to the offense, it's CLEARLY play-calling and play-design being the primary issue apart from this incredulous inability of the school to be able to recruit OL-men.

I don't have time or energy for this anymore. I'd rather just watch a good football game regardless of whether I'm a fan of either team or not, high school, college, even pro. My travel friend and I gave up traveling to games until we saw the results. Well, losing to NC pretty much guaranteed that we won't be traveling to any games anytime soon, this season or next at minimum. I probably won't even watch them on TV unless I have nothing else to do at this point. I cannot even begin to state how apathetic I am as to which Participation-Ribbon Bowl they go to, if in fact they get a ribbon at all.

I'd rather go watch my son's Hokies nearby, and he's not even a Hokie fan, or at least relish the possibility of Clemson representing the ACC and mopping the floor with Alabama.

All this talk about U Football and what it means to be a Cane when this team can't even get from the piece-parts anything remotely close to what it's capable of doing. Whatever .... If this is their standard then yes, I'm no longer interested. It's a sub-standard product that I do not choose to purchase. If they want me as a sugar-daddy fan sorry, Homey don't play that. Bilk the boosters for that.

Talk is cheap. If they're not going to do their part then how on earth can they possibly expect me/us to mine/ours. If the attitude of the fans is what's going to push them over the top, well, then something's drastically wrong. What's next, a Participation Chain for almost scoring or for getting into the opponents red zone.

It all starts with Blake James. When they fire him someone send me the memo.

Blaming this on the fans however is churlish.

I'm so numb to football right now.

Losing to UF was difficult given the circumstances but at least understandable. New coach, new coordinators, first-time starting QB, a yound one, tough game national TV, nerves, etc.

Losing to a team that was 5-18 over the past two seasons pushed me over the top.

NC was the worst team in the Coastal last season and the second worst in the ACC. The year prior they were the worst in the ACC. The talent differential between them and us is significant. The only thing worse would have been losing to Bethune-Cookman or FIU later on this season.

And frankly, it's not so much the offense, but WTF happened to the D? Last season we rolled the NC offense.

I think they made the right choice re: Jarren Williams, and Diaz may be an OK head coach, but his choices of coordinators are, as were my fears, completely uninspiring and bad. I initially became concerned at the reasoning behind the selection of both yet I played the "wait-n-see" card. I didn't even remotely think it possible to have the D playing this poorly. As to the offense, it's CLEARLY play-calling and play-design being the primary issue apart from this incredulous inability of the school to be able to recruit OL-men.

I don't have time or energy for this anymore. I'd rather just watch a good football game regardless of whether I'm a fan of either team or not, high school, college, even pro. My travel friend and I gave up traveling to games until we saw the results. Well, losing to NC pretty much guaranteed that we won't be traveling to any games anytime soon, this season or next at minimum. I probably won't even watch them on TV unless I have nothing else to do at this point. I cannot even begin to state how apathetic I am as to which Participation-Ribbon Bowl they go to, if in fact they get a ribbon at all.

I'd rather go watch my son's Hokies nearby, and he's not even a Hokie fan, or at least relish the possibility of Clemson representing the ACC and mopping the floor with Alabama.

All this talk about U Football and what it means to be a Cane when this team can't even get from the piece-parts anything remotely close to what it's capable of doing. Whatever .... If this is their standard then yes, I'm no longer interested. It's a sub-standard product that I do not choose to purchase. If they want me as a sugar-daddy fan sorry, Homey don't play that. Bilk the boosters for that.

Talk is cheap. If they're not going to do their part then how on earth can they possibly expect me/us to mine/ours. If the attitude of the fans is what's going to push them over the top, well, then something's drastically wrong. What's next, a Participation Chain for almost scoring or for getting into the opponents red zone.

It all starts with Blake James. When they fire him someone send me the memo.

Blaming this on the fans however is churlish.
I blame you for not reading the OP

I blame you for not reading the OP

I could just as easily blame you for taking my entire f'ing post out of context.

IDK, perhaps you're dense. I can't say, I don't know you at all. But not sure that my post was A, directly addressing the OP. HINT: It wasn't. And B, see below, to the extent that it was it was entirely based upon that first statement.

When the OP starts a thread by stating ....

The mope attitude of this fan base makes me sick!!!
... and then refering to them as "Babies" doesn't really deserve much respect and it sure as **** doesn't demonstrate even a modicum of intelligence in this discussion. Your statement doesn't either.

... expecting fans to take that sitting down becomes an uphill battle at that point.

And no, the tough-guy OP really doesn't need me for whatever TF comes next, which I'm guessing is more of the same although apparently you and he are too smart for yourselves to be able to see the forest for the trees.

Everyone wants to be a tough-guy tho.

I could just as easily blame you for taking my entire f'ing post out of context.

IDK, perhaps you're dense. I can't say, I don't know you at all. But not sure that my post was A, directly addressing the OP. HINT: It wasn't. And B, see below, to the extent that it was it was entirely based upon that first statement.

When the OP starts a thread by stating ....

... and then refering to them as "Babies" doesn't really deserve much respect and it sure as **** doesn't demonstrate even a modicum of intelligence in this discussion. Your statement doesn't either.

... expecting fans to take that sitting down becomes an uphill battle at that point.

And no, the tough-guy OP really doesn't need me for whatever TF comes next, which I'm guessing is more of the same although apparently you and he are too smart for yourselves to be able to see the forest for the trees.

Everyone wants to be a tough-guy tho.
Yeah, I'm gonna need triple my che-arge refunded to me, I figure. Just for aggravation and time.

Advertisement
You can form a one-man mob demanding that justice is served by showing up "in force" to demand that James be fired.

;)

Advertisement
Back