The U Poll Question

When do you consider "The U" to be "back'

• Win ACCCG

• Make the CFP

• Win the National Championship

• "The U" never left

• When do you consider The U to be back?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Make the playoff more then once and win a playoff matchup is the only thing short of winning it all that would do it.

#1 is basically the same as making the CFP choice
Not necessarily, especially in the wacky acc.. We can go undefeated, lose in close one to Clemson n make cfp like an sec team would. Conversely we've seen wacky sucky teams clinch the Coastal, we can win it n be out if multiple losses.

Unlikely but in acc (Coastal) we've seen crazy stuff

Advertisement
Winning the ACC should mean a slot in the playoffs. So I’ll say that should be us being back. But really for us to be “back” we got to win multiple ACC titles.

Advertisement
I would have put make the CFP but Georgia has made it there and even though they are consider a top team by most people unless the win a ship that doesn't matter. I'd be happy to do all of those things, but to be back you have to hit the standard you hit in your prime which would be winning NCs.

Being known as the Miami Hurricanes is not the same as being know as The U.
"Back"can be looked at from multiple angles. If you were alive from 1983-1992 you would know what a dominant, elite football program looked like. Those squads won 4 NCs, played for a couple others in 86 and 92 and were robbed in South Bend in 88 from another title shot. We are a long way from "back" to that dominance. I would like to see UM begin building a solid program again and hopefully Manny is the guy to get us "back" winning division titles regularly, winning the ACCCG and competing for NCs again. Our "program" needs to make a u turn to get us "back"

We have sucked ever since the whole "Da U" and "It's all about da U!" crap became trendy and cool. As far as I'm concerned, those two phrases can be flushed down the toilet.

The Miami Hurricanes will be "back" when they are in the running for the national title year in and year out. Playing at a level like that of Clemson and Alabama and doing it consistently.

Agree with 1&2 being basically the same and I went with "winning the ACCCG" but I also think one could say "being back" might entail someone referring to us as "Quarterback U" again and not immediately laughing.

Advertisement
Back