The U or The U Part 2

OldhamA

Senior
Over here in England BT Sport have shown the two Miami 30 for 30s back to back nights.

I'm curious, which one do you guys prefer and why?

Advertisement
Part 2 for me since it was my time I guess and I never seen a team built that way in college ever, alot of teams try and come close like bama and usc but they r not in that class of those butch teams

The second one has its fun moments (even though it's a pretty big downer due to the reality of Canes football the past 15 years).

The first one is iconic and transcends the sport of football. It has everything that I want out of a documentary and is fun as **** to watch, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gotta be the original... The U was iconic because it put the 80s Canes in context and gave you a feel for WHY this team existed and what they stood for. Part 2 is fun for Canes fans but not really worth multiple viewings. Doesn't cover nearly as much interesting, wide-ranging material, more of a straight football doc.

Part one.
Even though I was old enough to remember everything from Part two.

However, that one brings up too many bad memories of Shalala

The U part 2 is fun, shows how the most talented team in college football history was assembled while Miami was still hurting from NCAA sanctions. The U tells the story about how a college football team from a small private school in Miami transcended the sport of college football and became national icons (and proudly college football's greatest villain. No team brings out the haters like a dominant Miami team.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The U Part 1, since I lived a lot of that history and it reveals how much Miami broke the boring mold of what was CFB at that time. The U Part 2 meanders off about three quarters through and bores you, although the flag throw at the end was genius.

Does anybody remember the name of that Cane documentary released in the 90's (I think) that covered Miami's rise in the early 80's until 92 after they lost to Bama?

It literally had interviews with each head coach, and covered each season in depth starting with 1983. It was truly the best one I have ever watched, and that's including both 30 for 30's and Davenport's one as well. I had it taped on VHS, but it got taped over by an idiot friend of mine, and now it is lost forever, but I would love to find it again.

I have a gut feeling ABC sports aired it, but I'm not positive. If anybody can think of anything, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I like Part 1 more because it showed our come up from the beginning and really had a historical/biographical feel to it and I got to live through Part 2. But my favorite one will be Part 3 when that comes out.

Part 2, IMO, was depressing the last half hour or so

The first one is the Citizen 'Cane' of 30 for 30's....

Part 1...just great.... And validates my hate for those domers

Edit: part 3 is gonna be dope

Advertisement
Back