The U: No Longer Top 50

Advertisement
Only idiots give the USNWR credence as an actual academic barometer.

“Best” in this case is not about academics.

Most of you don’t even have a clue what their ranking criteria is.
100% correct but it’s bad optics. Especially for those from out of state who mostly compete with the UM being only a party school stigma.

100% correct but it’s bad optics. Especially for those from out of state who mostly compete with the UM being only a party school stigma.
I have an appliance repair man in MA who went to Miami in the 70s sun tan U days. Never graduated. All he remembers is spending most of the time in the fraternity pool.

I have an appliance repair man in MA who went to Miami in the 70s sun tan U days. Never graduated. All he remembers is spending most of the time in the fraternity pool.
I graduated from UM in 2014. I was there when it was top 40 in these rankings. The school is viewed very differently in the northeast than it is in Florida in my opinion.

Advertisement

According to the WSJ #49 and it includes a lot more schools that the US News and World Report. FSU is not even close to be UM academically even though it a **** of a lot cheaper.

I really think people care less about....nope there’s nothing anyone cares about less.

Advertisement
Had Miami been cheaper, I’d have gone there.

That's the case for a ton of people. If Miami hadn't thrown a boatload of money at me, I wouldn't have gone. The weird thing is that they aren't throwing that kind of money at kids anymore, because they want to transition to a place where elite wealthy kids pay to be there. 20 years ago, it was mediocre rich kids paying, and the elite kids were being bribed to come. Now, they don't need to do that as much, but you are seeing a slight decrease in student quality, because Miami will most likely never be able to truly get the creme de la creme of the upper crust. Those kids end up at Stanford, Harvard etc. Miami could and did get kids like me who were competitive with those kids on the basis of test scores grades, etc., but wanted to avoid debt.

Bad bad look....

Get less for your Money!!..............Has never been a good advertising scheme.

Dropping from #33 down to #57 from the same source in a few years no matter how you look at it.....implies something requires some fixing

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back