The U: No Longer Top 50

Advertisement
Got passed up by UF. And now TIED with FSU

Not elite in academics or sports. Smh.

S0W.gif

Advertisement
Got passed up by UF. And now TIED with FSU

Not elite in academics or sports. Smh.

We're 39 in this one and ND dropped from 15 to 40 ..... All these lists are highly subjective... I wouldn't put much into what they say as far as ranking..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why am I not shocked that people, who complained when Miami was rising, is now ****ed that after Momentum II, Miami fell a couple of spots. The USNWR rankings can be manipulated by high end fundraising, and FSU is in the middle of a huge fundraising drive, they are also doing everything they can to fudge their acceptance numbers, in order to look more selective. Never mind the fact that the difference between 33 and 50 in the rankings are a couple of rank points at best. When I showed up in Coral Gables in 2004, UMiami was ranked in the 70s. Miami has been able to hold over a 20 spot improvement for the better part of 15 years, with some peaks due to Dr. Shalala cleaning up in regards to fundraising and an increased yield of applicants.

That said, Frenk hasn't nearly been as effective in attracting top end faculty and administrators, so I wouldn't be shocked if his contract wasn't renewed. Then again, he wasn't my first choice to begin with. I wanted Stavridis, because of his research connections and the fact that he would have brought in a new, tech forward administrative team that would have found new opportunities for the University.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back