The U is dead(basically) . And Manny is the final nail.

I said it way back in February that this hiring of a HC was a head scratcher (really wasn’t when you understand the environment of UM). Yet, I looked at the roster and said okay the UF game would tell the tale. No need to wait beyond that. It was all that was needed. Your first year with comparable talent and a veteran defense to do battle against the coach who fired you. He came up small. Diaz continued to fulfill what I expected. A rapid and perpetual decline from that game on. Yet the Miami fans and posters here shunned me. And I saw people continuously like the last half decade make the same useless and clueless arguments about why their favorite player wasn’t playing or what sorry QB with no leadership we have should play. (Williams is the best, Perry is 2nd, and Tate is total trash. End of that). This staff benching a Rousseau who has 12 sacks for the first four games basically for a 6th guy with no knees who’s “family” has strong Florida football ties was all you needed to know. Yet, People said I was terrible and hadn’t had a clue when we won 2 fluke games in a row only to drop later ones to even worse foes. (Hello FIU). Firing the OC won’t help. The problem is deeply rooted. If you have been around the Hecht you’d fully understand it. This was what those in charge envisioned and are okay with. A entitled, who you know, subpar unit that is more glamour than Substance. SunTanU/SouthBeachU replicas from start to now with our glory years sandwiched in between. The head guy is the problem. Nothing more. Unless a miracle occurs and this weak pampered BOT accidentally find our next Howard or Jimmy (and it will be by accident similar to how Richt was), then the U is dead. All we are doing is pouring water on a dead flower.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Said it way back in February that this hiring of a HC was a head scratcher (really wasn’t when you understand the environment of UM). Yet, I looked at the roster and said okay the UF game would tell the tale. No need to wait beyond that. It was all that was needed. Your first year with comparable talent and a veteran defense to do battle against the coach who fired you. He came up small. Diaz continued to fulfill what I expected. A rapid and perpetual decline from that game on. Yet the Miami fans and posters here shunned me. And I saw people continuously like the last half decade make the same useless and clueless arguments about why their favorite player wasn’t playing or what sorry QB with no leadership we have should play. (Williams is the best, Perry is 2nd, and Tate is total trash. End of that). This staff benching a Rousseau who has 12 sacks and yet for the first four games basically for a 6th guy with no knees whose “family” has strong Florida football ties was all you needed to know. Yet, People said I was terrible and hadn’t had a clue when we won 2 fluke games in a row only to drop later one to even worse foes. (Hello FIU). Firing the OC won’t help. The problem is deeply rooted. If you have been around the Hecht you’d full understand it. This was what those in charge envisioned and are okay with. A entitled, who you know, subpar unit that is more glamour than Substance. SunTanU>SouthBeachU circa 2006 and counting. The head guy is the problem. Nothing more. Unless a miracle occurs and this weak pampered BOT accidentally find our next Howard or Jimmy (and it will be by accident similar to how Richt was). Then the U is dead. All we are doing is pouring water on a dead flower.

Lol I don’t even remember this thread… but it makes a lot of sense. Programs that want to be dominant on this level don’t hire Manny Diaz as their HC.

The U is dead, and hiring Golden was the nail.

He recruited better than Mark Richt and Miami was under recruiting sanctions the entire time he was HC. I think your ire is misplaced. Richt won 10 with mostly Goldens players, when his own recruits finally became upper classmen, it was as bad as FSU now. I can praise Richt for being a stand up guy and loving the program, but hiring a coach that
1) couldn't win with unlimited resources at UGA and
2) had basically decided to retire

was a bad move. Miami finally broke the 4 million mark with Richt (and offered him another 1.5 mil for an OC) . There were quite a few top coaches we could have landed for $5.5 - 6 million in 2015.

Advertisement
Only too late if you’re unable to bring in top 10 classes to build on. We can be a ND type that squeezes in every now and then

Advertisement
Get us a new alpha AD with an open checkbook & stay out of the mans way. Clean house. Football, basketball, baseball. Fire them all. Need a cleansing.

Wait. Was it Coker, Shannon or Golden. Take your pick. Richt was ok till it wasn't. but he gifted us an open checkbook for...what we have today. Program has had no football IQ since Sam Jankovich

No, no, no; I was told it was due to financial constraints that this admin had to work w/in budget or reason & that’s why these guys were hired. Some of the lowest paid coaches b/c we don’t have $. The Admin didndonuffin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lane isn’t leaving Ole Miss for Miami. You guys can forget that dream ever happened
I respectfully disagree. Moot point bc Miami ain’t ever going to target an alpha like Lane. We want preachers, ties, politicians & anyone else who says the right thing.

I respectfully disagree. Moot point bc Miami ain’t ever going to target an alpha like Lane. We want preachers, ties, politicians & anyone else who says the right thing.

So you’re willing to gamble $30-$35 million to get Lane freaking Kiffin here.

Ok.

Advertisement
Back