The U - 149 week NFL TD streak

Cane Fan 4 Life

Freshman
The Miami Hurricanes once had a streak of 149 consecutive regular season weeks where a former Hurricane scored a touchdown in an NFL game; the streak started in Week 15 of the 2002 NFL regular season and ended in Week 11 of the 2011 season.

During the streak, 33 different former Hurricanes scored touchdowns and a total of 661 touchdowns were scored.

Anyone have any idea if a video exists the highlights all of the TDS? I believe @Andrew made one a while back, but NFL copy right removed it from YouTube.

Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes once had a streak of 149 consecutive regular season weeks where a former Hurricane scored a touchdown in an NFL game; the streak started in Week 15 of the 2002 NFL regular season and ended in Week 11 of the 2011 season.

During the streak, 33 different former Hurricanes scored touchdowns and a total of 661 touchdowns were scored.

Anyone have any idea if a video exists the highlights all of the TDS? I believe @Andrew made one a while back, but NFL copy right removed it from YouTube.
That was such a good video I believe Canefreak was the one who did it

Advertisement
One of the many amazing things our illustrious team has done. The one thing I think we are missing is breaking OU old winning streak record.

One of the many amazing things our illustrious team has done. The one thing I think we are missing is breaking OU old winning streak record.

47 straight is a big number, but
46-2 aint bad.
One game was winnable and the other we actually won.

Advertisement
Found this.
All the TD's.

http://www.quirkyresearch.com/2012/11/27/nfl-touchdown-streaks-by-college-updated/

Miami went only 13 weeks without at least 2 TD.
The only Miami TD during the 100th week of the streak was an Ed Reed 107-yard interception return.
Twice, Miami reached the 4th quarter of Monday Night Football before scoring: Week 4 of 2003, when Franks scored with 4:21 left, & Week 2 of 2005, when Santana Moss scored with 3:46 to play. (Moss would score the winning touchdown a minute later.)
A record-tying eight different Hurricanes scored Week 2 of 2007: Franks, Gore (twice), Hester, Edgerrin James, Andre Johnson (twice), McGahee, Portis, and Winslow Jr.
When the streak was snapped during Week 11 of 2011:
Winslow Jr. had a TD nullified by offensive pass interference; Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Shockey, & Lewis were injured and inactive; & Wayne, Gore, and Graham had byes.
Graham and Wayne each scored the next week.

Last edited:
Espn is an sec suck fest.
If any sec teams had the streaks that the U has had they would be sunshine pumping those teams i a daily basis.
The school and we as fans should be posting these things on social media constantly.

Advertisement
Those were outstanding Cane teams, so Bud’s sooners must have been good. But 46- 2 is frigging great.

And Jimmy was close to 47, and 4 consecutive NCs. Bowl losses to Tennessee and Penn State, and the phantom fumble at ND is ‘88 were the blemishes. 44-3 after opening 1985 with a loss to UF.

Advertisement
And Jimmy was close to 47, and 4 consecutive NCs. Bowl losses to Tennessee and Penn State, and the phantom fumble at ND is ‘88 were the blemishes. 44-3 after opening 1985 with a loss to UF.

I love JJ but FSU almost beat us a bunch of times too. He blew the TN game and then loss to the same game play the next year. That said, what we did was modern times. OU did it when the big schools could hog up all the kids with much bigger teams. We did it with 85 limit.

The 58 game home win streak by the Canes was incredible since they played so many highly ranked teams, Alabama sat qt 57 but they lost to Auburn several times but those losses were on a neutral field, our streak included Bowl games.

58 Straight Baby!

Advertisement
Back