The truth about Miami football

On point with everything.

It will take a cutting edge coach to revive this program. And it won’t be a quick fix.

I’ll repeat ... The lifestyle for elite college athletes is significantly better in college towns than it is in major cities.

I get it ... 25-65 year old guys would all rather live in South Florida. But it doesn’t matter to most 18-22 year olds. They can always visit.

But they’d rather spend their days in places where they are treated like royalty. And every college campus has “talent”. Not as exotic as Miami, but enough to keep guys interested until summer and spring breaks.

Advertisement
Here is what is really going to happen:

2019–Most likely finish 6-7 after losing a meaningless bowl game to another team with much less talent

2020–Manny will go 6-6 or 7-5 after making minimal staff changes. At the end of the season he will gut the staff Coker-style in a last ditch effort to save his job.

2021-Manny loses 5 or 6 games again and is fired at the end of the season.

No no. What will happen is we go 9-4 and Manny gets an EXTENSION. Then tank for two more seasons before being bought out.

No no. What will happen is we go 9-4 and Manny gets an EXTENSION. Then tank for two more seasons before being bought out.

I guess that’s possible, too.

But getting to nine wins seems like a long shot.

I guess that’s possible, too.

But getting to nine wins seems like a long shot.

That's WHY he would get an extension. "OMFG, we thought the U was dead and a 9 win season was impossible! Manny Diaz is turning it around!" - Blake James

Advertisement
Oh Man, this is just painful to watch.

tenor-2.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back