The trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's why alot of us didn't want Mario. I'm over the day of having to out talent everyone to win. I'd like to outsmart & outscheme some people for once. When was the last time we did that?
If you’re talking about out scheming a team way more talented than us, it’s probably never. Maybe the 1984 Orange Bowl. If you’re talking about out scheming teams in similar talent range? 2021.

Advertisement
Eh. I don’t want to follow his model at all. Allocating all your resources towards short term transfer bandages and keeping upper classmen from entering the draft is great if you’re just going for a one year run at a playoff spot. Which is what they’re doing this year. But they haven’t recruited nearly well enough to replace everyone who’s gone after the 2023 season so that leaves you right back to trying to cobble together another roster of short term transfer players. Even if they snag a top 10 class this year, their previous three classes finished 19, 20 and 23 in the composite. Those are the guys who will make up a majority of their roster.

They are good at the portal. Winning and improving in HS recruiting.

He needs 9 wins this year.

But 100% the goalposts are moving. Mario needs top 5 classes if he wants top 10 teams.

He needs to stack back to back to back top 5 classes if he wants a playoff team.

Top 15 classes is what we got with the last several head coaches. Moving to top 12 isn't going to change anything when you have a mediocre (or even below average) game day coach.
And look…realistically, anyone at Miami should land a Top 15 class. We’re talking about Mario Cristobal…a relentless, maniacal human that eats and breathes this ****. It’s his forte. Expectations should be higher, MUCH higher.

Like you said, Mario wasn’t hired to win immediately. Recruiting and stacking talent was priority #1 to overhaul the garbage Manny brought in, and I’d argue #2 was a culture and mindset change of the program. Winning (which should come naturally from the first two points being addressed) was #3, and 90% of us acknowledged he’s just a fine game day coach. He’s not great, he’s not atrocious if we’re being real…just ok. We blow things out of proportion a lot on here.

I’m tired of typing the same responses over and over but if the product on the field is already impacting recruiting in Year 2…well the pressure is ramped up big time to fix that because he cannot build a winning program here if we settle for classes in the 15-range.

To be clear, I still think we get a Top 10-12 class going 8-4 or 9-3, but any sign of life on the recruiting trail would be nice before the season starts.

Top 6 no chance unless we win 10 games and a NY6 bowl imo.

Advertisement
So are the Mods. You can clearly see which posters are here as fans and which ones are here to shake the nest. Get rid of those shaking for their entertainment and keep the ones who actually add value. Just a thought.
Yeah we need some Tuff and Fizical mods who will cleanse this place of anything that isn’t….

“It’s only August, everything is fine, everyone else’s classes will fall apart and we will finish with a top 5 class come December”

So are the Mods. You can clearly see which posters are here as fans and which ones are here to shake the nest. Get rid of those shaking for their entertainment and keep the ones who actually add value. Just a thought.

Congratulations! You win the toughest dude on an anonymity website award. Please PM NYSOM for the address to the truckstop bathroom where you can go collect your prize.

Advertisement
I hope we win everything this year, but it is starting to feel like Mario is Al Golden 2.0 rather than Butch 2.0.

December is the final judgement but if you told me when Mario was hired in December of 21 that in August 2023:

Miami would have multiple kids in their class who are fringe top 1000 players And FSU/UF were both top 5 recruiting while were hanging on for dear life to stay top 20

I would have laughed at you. Mario was brought here to recruit at a high level. Consistently. If he can’t do that he’s the most overpaid P5 coach in America.

We were only 1 of 5 teams in the country to have a top 10 portal class and top 10 recruiting class. IIRC, the other 4 were top 15 teams. Why don’t we give Mario a little grace here? Way too much panic in August.

Advertisement
Shiiiiiidddd.....if you know what I know FSU and Florida better load up and assemble all the talent they can while we're down

The last 2 recruiting classes is showing them WE'RE COMING. The caliber of athletes we've recruited is different...the attitude of these kids are different...what Butch had said after 5-5? You better get your licks in now. We know there's a blueprint. ..and they know we're coming and it won't be long till this ship is turned around

Shiiiiiidddd.....if you know what I know FSU and Florida better load up and assemble all the talent they can while we're down

The last 2 recruiting classes is showing them WE'RE COMING. The caliber of athletes we've recruited is different...the attitude of these kids are different...what Butch had said after 5-5? You better get your licks in now. We know there's a blueprint. ..and they know we're coming and it won't be long till this ship is turned around
1 good class doesn't turn the ship around. We're ranked 18th rn.

Advertisement
We’re soft? How bout I do something to you to show you how hard I am?

BWu3VQav.gif

This has been said about every recruiting class of a new coach since forever. Shannon 08, Golden 2012, Richt 2018, Diaz 2021, "These kids are different". The reality is the classes haven't been nearly good as advertised, we need to pull multiple classes of 3+ 5 stars and 15+ 4 stars to compete with Bama/UGA

1 good class doesn't turn the ship around. We're ranked 18th rn.
I never said 1 good class would do it but we know there were cancers on this team and talent was lacking...let's get the season going and prove these naysayers wrong

This has been said about every recruiting class of a new coach since forever. Shannon 08, Golden 2012, Richt 2018, Diaz 2021, "These kids are different". The reality is the classes haven't been nearly good as advertised, we need to pull multiple classes of 3+ 5 stars and 15+ 4 stars to compete with Bama/UGA
I ain't believe in Manny...I ain't believe in Radio either...but I know what we got in Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back