The term "commit"

Advertisement
The only way this would change is if coaches were to complain about it and its been this way for the longest soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah us fans shouldn't complain so much when the ones who are doing all the work aren't either

You can't have it both ways. Once they annouce their commitments, you want prospects to be 100% committed and take no visits. Yet 33% of this year class was flipped from another school. So are you saying that Miami should return all those players to their respective schools since they were commited elsewhere and didn't shut their recruiting down? Sometimes situations changed with both parties (school/player) after you commited to the school (Hester, Yearby, Wyche). Sometimes kids hold their spots (McCray). Sometimes the schools don't uphold their end either (Turner). Take the good with the bad.

Advertisement
A recruiting committing nothing like marriage.

The kids that blow up their senior years would end up at small schools because they are afraid that no big school will offer them. We never got Crawford and kids like him.

Dennis Turner would be waiting on signing day for a paper that never comes.

Last edited:
Eh, I've come to accept it as part of life. When I was 18, how "committed" was I to ANYTHING? Frustrating for sure, but coaches (for the most part) understand it, as do most parents...

Agreed, however when you are putting $150,000 - $200,000 on the line for a free education, you'd think that the system might be tighter

Shoot... Alabama and LSU can top that... and you get tuition too!

Advertisement
I think some of you are missing the point on early commitment. The point is to have an early signing period where kids that are truly committed and the staff to them as well can sign in like August. Al Golden had said something about this idea a while back and it is a good one. This allows everyone to know who is and is not playing the game, it allows the schools to truly know who is coming and who is not especially with kids receiving offers in their soph yrs now. It would be a great way to slow this process down a bit because it is getting out of hand with kids getting offers so early. It would not be a mandatory thing, kids do not have to sign then unless they are EE, but they can. It would help bring some stability to the game thats for sure.

And, if kids want to keep looking after commiting? I believe Al said it best "If your lookin, were lookin"

Advertisement
Back