The tell all quote

We're a different team because we beat a mid-major and kicked around two 5-5 teams. Oh, and we did what a bunch of other teams did to FSU this season: played em close.

Clearly he's Butch Davis and this is 1999 Miami.

You keep laughing, but this was all the same exact **** that was said about Butch in 99. Before Butch was seated at the right hand of the father, he was being trashed on these boards non stop including in 99 when everyone was screaming that Botch Davis had officially failed and had to go. That he was going to ruin Dorsey like Kenny Kelly and the rest of his "busts". That he couldn't close. He was a terrible game day coach. He was losing too many highly rated So Fla recruits. Etc.

Golden may turn out to be a total dunce and flop on his face again next year. I would not be surprised if he does. But it is not unprecedented for a coach to finally "get it" all together in year 5 after coming up short a few times in year 4. That's exactly what happened with the Demi God Butch Davis.

I guess I'm just in awe.

Never before has a loss, and wins over a mid-major and two 5-5 teams, created this much optimism.

And when Golden inevitably falls flat on his face again, it'll be because we "lost our 2nd best rusher in the program's history, our #1 wide receiver, our stud TE, our best player and leader on defense, 6 defensive starters, and 3 starting OL" but it's ok, because we'll just have to "wait until 2016."

Advertisement
Golden: "You can't escape your record. Your record says what you are. But let me try with an excuse in the last part of this quote." #UM

I just hope if we are stuck with him, he turns the corner soon, for the kids sake.

Dont set your self up to be disappointed....the writing is on the wall. this guy CANNOT WIN here

I'm a card carrying mope squad member.

1367381826397-welcome_to_the_dark_side_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Advertisement
Golden: "You can't escape your record. Your record says what you are. But let me try with an excuse in the last part of this quote." #UM

"But I think over the last five weeks we've gotten better"

How is that an excuse for anything, or an attempt to escape his record? He thinks they're better. I think they're better, too, but that doesn't change the record. I've never understood why you guys latch onto stupid stuff like this when the record and product on the field is there for you to criticize all day every day.

Advertisement

How is that an excuse for anything, or an attempt to escape his record? He thinks they're better. I think they're better, too, but that doesn't change the record. I've never understood why you guys latch onto stupid stuff like this when the record and product on the field is there for you to criticize all day every day.

Because the record still sucks. It's putting lipstick on a ******* pig. 6-4 is 6-4. We've beaten ****** teams and a moral victory against FSU, where our fearless leader was anything but. So, we've "gotten better." Excuse me if I'm not impressed.

Because the record still sucks. It's putting lipstick on a ******* pig. 6-4 is 6-4. We've beaten ****** teams and a moral victory against FSU, where our fearless leader was anything but. So, we've "gotten better." Excuse me if I'm not impressed.

I don't think he was trying to impress anyone, but whatever.

We're a different team because we beat a mid-major and kicked around two 5-5 teams. Oh, and we did what a bunch of other teams did to FSU this season: played em close.

You keep laughing, but this was all the same exact **** that was said about Butch in 99. Before Butch was seated at the right hand of the father, he was being trashed on these boards non stop including in 99 when everyone was screaming that Botch Davis had officially failed and had to go. That he was going to ruin Dorsey like Kenny Kelly and the rest of his "busts". That he couldn't close. He was a terrible game day coach. He was losing too many highly rated So Fla recruits. Etc.

Golden may turn out to be a total dunce and flop on his face again next year. I would not be surprised if he does. But it is not unprecedented for a coach to finally "get it" all together in year 5 after coming up short a few times in year 4. That's exactly what happened with the Demi God Butch Davis.

I guess I'm just in awe.

Never before has a loss, and wins over a mid-major and two 5-5 teams, created this much optimism.

And when Golden inevitably falls flat on his face again, it'll be because we "lost our 2nd best rusher in the program's history, our #1 wide receiver, our stud TE, our best player and leader on defense, 6 defensive starters, and 3 starting OL" but it's ok, because we'll just have to "wait until 2016."

The optimism is based on our PLAYERS and how they have started to execute more in the last few games. It STARTS with Kaaya, who I truly believe is going to be the best thing we have had behind center since Dorsey. Golden is Golden. I don't think anyone expects the dude to be Vince Lombardi next year, or ever. BUT, Ive seen this EXACT movie before. And it turned out a different way. When you were running around without a hair on your yam bag, I was on these boards along with 95% of posters saying the SAME **** you say every week. "Butch has failed. Dude has to go. Its year 4 and we still suck. He will never win here. He's a terrible game day coach". Etc...etc..etc... And guess what? He adjusted his defense, brought in a different DC, and he got a great young QB that turned out to be the missing piece, and it all came together.

Im not totally convinced that the same thing cant happen here, even with Golden's shortcomings. There HAS been a change on defense since GT. If that can continue, if he makes some changes, and it keeps improving, it can make a big difference next year. Equally as important, if Kaaya keeps developing, and as Coley gains more and more confidence in him, they WILL put the offense in his hands, the way they put it in Dorsey's hands, and I really believe Kaaya is going to light it up.

The bottom line is, regardless of whether our staff is mediocre, I think we have the horses to be a much better team next year. MAYBE we wont. Maybe we will come out and **** the bed again. That will simply confirm what most of us already fear, and many of you are certain about Golden, that he just will never get it done here. And that may well happen. But the defense Ive seen since GT, and the way Kaaya has gotten better and better every week, leads to me to think this team has major talent and potential and its finally starting to show.

Maybe Golden will f*ck it up and find a way to squander it. Butch could have, but he did what he needed to in YEAR 5 to finally get it all together. Since I really don't think Golden is going to be fired after this season, I have to hope for the best, because I want this program to succeed. Im not going to root for Kaaya to fail, and for this team to fail, just because I don't like Golden. I have said 647000 times, IDGAF about Golden. I want this program to succeed. PERIOD. If he can do it, GREAT. If not, he can DIAF. But I think were stuck with him for at least 1 more year, and I think this team has some tremendous young talent and potential, and I hope to see it finally come together.

I was wrong about Butch in 99. And I hope most of you, and even I who have become a major skeptic at this point, are wrong about Golden. Because it will mean this program has finally succeeded, that were finally on track. And that's all I give a f*ck about. Regardless of who is in charge.

Advertisement
Manny Navarro @Manny_Navarro · 1h 1 hour ago

Golden: "You can't escape your record. Your record says what you are. But I think over the last five weeks we've gotten better." #UM

The administration continues to let him think it is okay to bring this soft shouldered ******ry attitude to our locker room and its exactly why he can't escape his record. Everyone patting him on the back for "keeping it close" and "they look improved" is the exact **** problem on why we are mediocre and have been and will continue to be. Yet again, we have more confirmation on truly how safe his job is with his staff since he has the nerve to bring these words out of his mouth.

tumblr_mad8a4hnAK1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

I guess I'm just in awe.

The optimism is based on our PLAYERS and how they have started to execute more in the last few games. It STARTS with Kaaya, who I truly believe is going to be the best thing we have had behind center since Dorsey. Golden is Golden. I don't think anyone expects the dude to be Vince Lombardi next year, or ever. BUT, Ive seen this EXACT movie before. And it turned out a different way. When you were running around without a hair on your yam bag, I was on these boards along with 95% of posters saying the SAME **** you say every week. "Butch has failed. Dude has to go. Its year 4 and we still suck. He will never win here. He's a terrible game day coach". Etc...etc..etc... And guess what? He adjusted his defense, brought in a different DC, and he got a great young QB that turned out to be the missing piece, and it all came together.

Im not totally convinced that the same thing cant happen here, even with Golden's shortcomings. There HAS been a change on defense since GT. If that can continue, if he makes some changes, and it keeps improving, it can make a big difference next year. Equally as important, if Kaaya keeps developing, and as Coley gains more and more confidence in him, they WILL put the offense in his hands, the way they put it in Dorsey's hands, and I really believe Kaaya is going to light it up.

The bottom line is, regardless of whether our staff is mediocre, I think we have the horses to be a much better team next year. MAYBE we wont. Maybe we will come out and **** the bed again. That will simply confirm what most of us already fear, and many of you are certain about Golden, that he just will never get it done here. And that may well happen. But the defense Ive seen since GT, and the way Kaaya has gotten better and better every week, leads to me to think this team has major talent and potential and its finally starting to show.

Maybe Golden will f*ck it up and find a way to squander it. Butch could have, but he did what he needed to in YEAR 5 to finally get it all together. Since I really don't think Golden is going to be fired after this season, I have to hope for the best, because I want this program to succeed. Im not going to root for Kaaya to fail, and for this team to fail, just because I don't like Golden. I have said 647000 times, IDGAF about Golden. I want this program to succeed. PERIOD. If he can do it, GREAT. If not, he can DIAF. But I think were stuck with him for at least 1 more year, and I think this team has some tremendous young talent and potential, and I hope to see it finally come together.

I was wrong about Butch in 99. And I hope most of you, and even I who have become a major skeptic at this point, are wrong about Golden. Because it will mean this program has finally succeeded, that were finally on track. And that's all I give a f*ck about. Regardless of who is in charge.

QB - Most important position on the field. I say we improve. Spring and summer practice, with as hard working as Kaaya is, he will be one of the best QB's in the nation.

RB - We get a little worse. You can't replace Duke Johnson. Still, we'll have a great stable of running backs - Scarlett, Yearby, Walton, Williams

TE - We stay about the same. I don't see much difference between Walford and Dobard. If anything, I like Dobard's athleticism a little more.

OL - This position worries me. I can see why we're bringing in 10 recruits this cycle. If we lose Flowers, Feliciano, and McDermott, that's gonna be a lot to replace.

DB's - This depends. I think it's a talented group, but we need to change the coach here. Whoever suggested T Rob is on the right track IMO.

LB's - They take a step back without Denzel Perryman. I think Perryman is one of the best LB's to play at the UM, that's what I think. I don't see another linebacker in this group that can just be plugged in for him.

DL - Depends a little on what AQM looks like when he comes back. Has he been back in New Jersey eating cake and French fries for a semester, or is he gonna be ready to beast out? I like the thought of Chad Thomas taking a starting role as a sophomore. I think Wyche/Huerteloo as seniors improve a bit. Kamalu has some potentials. So we'll see.

Advertisement
If this year is Butch Davis 99 for Al Golden, shouldn't he had to have fired his defensive coordinator by now?

How you guys keep comparing Fooden to Butch is beyond me. Fooden is a mediocre MAC head coach who never won 10 games and never won his conference! His coaching tree stems from Al Gross and a child rapist!

We beat 'Natti, UNC, and VT ( a combined 16-13) and you guys are crowning him for turning the corner?!?!

Has he lowered the bar so much that we'll take anything he dishes out as acceptable? Unreal!

Golden acts like he post here. Finally gets to the pont where he beats garbage teams like he's suppose to now the teams " playing well" or " getting better"... Fh

Advertisement
Back