The tell all quote

ball915

All-American
Manny Navarro @Manny_Navarro · 1h 1 hour ago

Golden: "You can't escape your record. Your record says what you are. But I think over the last five weeks we've gotten better." #UM

The administration continues to let him think it is okay to bring this soft shouldered ******ry attitude to our locker room and its exactly why he can't escape his record. Everyone patting him on the back for "keeping it close" and "they look improved" is the exact **** problem on why we are mediocre and have been and will continue to be. Yet again, we have more confirmation on truly how safe his job is with his staff since he has the nerve to bring these words out of his mouth.

Advertisement
I just hope if we are stuck with him, he turns the corner soon, for the kids sake.

Over these 4 years how many times has he said we've gotten better or were going in the right direction. How many more times are we gonna get better? You can only get better so many times intill your great and that's obviously not happening

Advertisement
He is so out of place at a program like Miami. Get him back to a MAC school.

He wants a ******* round of applause for being 6-4 with this loaded roster? "Hey, nevermind those 3 early losses h uehueuh"

Over these 4 years how many times has he said we've gotten better or were going in the right direction. How many more times are we gonna get better? You can only get better so many times intill your great and that's obviously not happening

Next year we'll only lose by 3 to fsu

I don't see the problem. He's right, we're a different team over the last 5 weeks. He's also right that you are what your record says. If he left that part out I'd have a problem with this.

Advertisement
The issue is a lot deeper than Golden is the bottom line. He is being praised for staying at Miami through NevinGate and a close loss to the defending champs. UM is playing Mr. Nice Guy with Golden out of loyalty and Al is completely abusing the leverage of his contract to do whatever the **** he wants to

I don't see the problem. He's right, we're a different team over the last 5 weeks. He's also right that you are what your record says. If he left that part out I'd have a problem with this.

you think the Bama, USC, Ohio State AD would tolerate that quote in Year 4?

We're a different team because we beat a mid-major and kicked around two 5-5 teams. Oh, and we did what a bunch of other teams did to FSU this season: played em close.

Clearly he's Butch Davis and this is 1999 Miami.

Advertisement
We ARE getting better, though. Y'all are too emotional after that loss, you don't see the forest for the trees. We could just as easily have won that game, if we make a field goal or we don't fumble one time.

This year's team would smoke last year's team.

Manny Navarro @Manny_Navarro · 1h 1 hour ago

Golden: "You can't escape your record. Your record says what you are. But I think over the last five weeks we've gotten better." #UM

The administration continues to let him think it is okay to bring this soft shouldered ******ry attitude to our locker room and its exactly why he can't escape his record. Everyone patting him on the back for "keeping it close" and "they look improved" is the exact **** problem on why we are mediocre and have been and will continue to be. Yet again, we have more confirmation on truly how safe his job is with his staff since he has the nerve to bring these words out of his mouth.

I don't understand the outrage. When Parcells said that, it was cool and showed what an awesome coach he was. When Golden says it, it's a soft-shouldered faqqotry attitude.

Advertisement

you think the Bama, USC, Ohio State AD would tolerate that quote in Year 4?

If Shannon coached them previously and Nevin was a booster, probably yes.

We're a different team because we beat a mid-major and kicked around two 5-5 teams. Oh, and we did what a bunch of other teams did to FSU this season: played em close.

Clearly he's Butch Davis and this is 1999 Miami.

You keep laughing, but this was all the same exact **** that was said about Butch in 99. Before Butch was seated at the right hand of the father, he was being trashed on these boards non stop including in 99 when everyone was screaming that Botch Davis had officially failed and had to go. That he was going to ruin Dorsey like Kenny Kelly and the rest of his "busts". That he couldn't close. He was a terrible game day coach. He was losing too many highly rated So Fla recruits. Etc.

Golden may turn out to be a total dunce and flop on his face again next year. I would not be surprised if he does. But it is not unprecedented for a coach to finally "get it" all together in year 5 after coming up short a few times in year 4. That's exactly what happened with the Demi God Butch Davis.

Well said. I don't excuse his unwillingness to change for 3 1/2 years but over these last 4-5 weeks, it looks like he finally is adapting. A little too late for me but since he isn't going anywhere, I'll take it.

Advertisement
Back