The Tale of Dan Enos: Failure In Numbers

DD this is the biggest coaching hire for Miami in 30 years. We beat out two top 5 teams for him. Huge huge win.

huge wins for me come on the football field, not the headlines. this guy's on par with Coley based on actual results.

and was he set to be the sole OC at those 2 teams we "beat out" or the Co-OC? because both of those teams had Co-OC's this year.

Advertisement
Locksley took the Maryland job in December, right? How come Saban didn't give Enos the job right then? Why did he wait over a month to make it official if he REALLY wanted him?

so you gonna continue repeating some made up narrative with zero inside info about what was said of enos and his duties in bama? please share your sources inside the bama program? the ones who do follow saban daily were saying he was the guy who would take over for locksley.

also there is 0 truth to enos sharing play calling duties with coley. UGA offered him the job and he turned it down for whatever reason. they then promoted coley.

In my opinion he came here cause he likes Manny. Also his quickest route to a HC gig is Miami. He will be hired as HC in as little as 2 years if he turns our **** offense from 105 to top 25. He will be a huge commodity at that point.

Advertisement
In my opinion he came here cause he likes Manny. Also his quickest route to a HC gig is Miami. He will be hired as HC in as little as 2 years if he turns our **** offense from 105 to top 25. He will be a huge commodity at that point.

word is Mich State is eyeing him as their future HC when dantonio is gone.

huge wins for me come on the football field, not the headlines. this guy's on par with Coley based on actual results.

and was he set to be the sole OC at those 2 teams we "beat out" or the Co-OC? because both of those teams had Co-OC's this year.

It ultimately matters on the field but this is an enormous win today. Manny absolutely hit a home run. This is our biggest OC hire in 35 years and perhaps ever.

so you gonna continue repeating some made up narrative with zero inside info about what was said of enos and his duties in bama? please share your sources inside the bama program? the ones who do follow saban daily were saying he was the guy who would take over for locksley.
Sources? How about turn your brain on and use some basic deductive reasoning. What is more likely, that Alabama, the school that has finger ****ed us for coaches going back to Stoutland and Pannunzio whenever they felt like it, just all of sudden let a coach walk without ever officially naming him OC? Or, Saban wanted change things up and did his outgoing subordinate a solid on the way out?

This move doesn't even make sense for Enos from a career trajectory standpoint. If Enos is truly the OC in waiting at Bama, why leave to come here, when he can coach Tua to another Heisman caliber season and parlay it into a HC job like Locksley did?

We just hired the Associate Head Coach from one of the most dominant dynasties ever in cfb to be our new OC. Amazing.

He should have little problems getting to 2015 type performance at Arkansas. Almost immediately as well. I expect a top 30 offense in 2018.

Advertisement
People are enjoying hyping themselves over the “Bama OC” title he’s held for two weeks, even though he’s never called a single play for Saban.

There’s also rampant and furious *********ion due to the fact that Georgia is rumored to have offered, too. That’s fine, but if you look deeper than that at metrics of substance and numbers that quantify his actual output coaching offenses, there isn’t much to get excited about. There isn’t a pattern showing a history of routinely fielding great offenses.

Let’s look at the results. This is a post examining cold hard facts and indisputable numbers — Not one about who’s rumored to be pursuing him, or his job title, but objective stats. Stats Penos can’t escape.

He was the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-2014. He had full control of that team. He could’ve run any offense he wanted. Here’s what he did:

Total offense:
2010: 49th
2011: 57th
2012: 64th
2013: 110th
2014: 70th

Scoring Offense:
2010: 82nd
2011: 91st
2012: 64th
2013: 96th
2014: 81st

So he winds up in Arkansas with that Butthead looking weirdo Belima. Here’s what he does as offensive coordinator:

Total Offenss:
2015: 25th
2016: 54th
2017: 94th

Scoring Offense:
2015: 27th
2016: 57th
2017: 61st

If you look at just his resume alone, he’s a terrible candidate. Not only is he not a fit for the style that best suits us AND the one Manny claimed to want, he has nothing in his history to indicate he’s capable of engineering highly powered and productive offenses. He can’t move the ball. He can’t score.

You throw his resume up against a guy like Fedora’s and he gets absolutely run out of the building. People like him because they hear “Alabama offensive coordinator” and we’re so desperate to be good we’ll like anything, so they build a small fire and grunt around it “hur hur Saban hur hur Bama OC” without delving any further into his past production or style.

Coming back to the facts:

Penos produced ONE respectable offensive unit in SEVEN seasons.

We can post homerun gifs or talk about which coaches wanted him, but when it has come time to put a successful offense on the field, he’s failed to do so 85% of the seasons he’s coached.

And those remain the facts.

I hope he has some late-career revelation that turns him into an offensive savant, but as of now, all he’s proven is that’s he’s a journeyman guy running an offense that seldom produces and is pretty opposite of what Manny said he wanted.

God help us all.

and youre the guy who wouldnt donate to Brevin's uncle's heart unless Brevin was staying.....get lost, prick.

Sources? How about turn your brain on and use some basic deductive reasoning. What is more likely, that Alabama, the school that has finger ****ed us for coaches going back to Stoutland and Pannunzio whenever they felt like it, just all of sudden let a coach walk without ever officially naming him OC? Or, Saban wanted change things up and did his outgoing subordinate a solid on the way out?

This move doesn't even make sense for Enos from a career trajectory standpoint. If Enos is truly the OC in waiting at Bama, why leave to come here, when he can coach Tua to another Heisman caliber season and parlay it into a HC job like Locksley did?

I can see both sides.

But I guess I don't care why and how he came here. Only what he does from January 11, 2019 forward.

My instincts are its specifically because of his ability to coach QBs but I have as much an idea as every other poster. Which is to say very, very little.

I think he's a lot better than what we've had in a long time. The problem is, I thought we were going to become faster and more dynamic like Harrell, Briles, Yost style, etc. So while he may be very good, it doesn't seem to stylistically match what Manny has been saying and what aggressive philosophy we are going to start running. Maybe he adapts more, though.

Advertisement
Locksley took the Maryland job in December, right? How come Saban didn't give Enos the job right then? Why did he wait over a month to make it official if he REALLY wanted him?
It was reported by multiple reporters in December that he was expected to be named the playcaller at bama. Everyone, their reporters and footballscoop reported the same thing

so with no inside info, youre going to say he didnt want him right? well, guys who have more sources than your inside voice have said he was the guy set to take over. ill go with them unless you can provide actual evidence of the opposite and not just whatever nonsense you wanna spew bc you hate the hire

It was reported by multiple reporters in December that he was expected to be named the playcaller at bama. Everyone, their reporters and footballscoop reported the same thing

dan is a dumbass. apparently we dont use our brains and only his brain is powerful and all knowing

Advertisement
The gators in this thread want you to think this is the worst hire ever because, well, they’re gayturds.

Me, I’ll let his results at Miami speak for him, instead of trying to get everybody in pitchfork mode like the gators (including OP) are trying to do.

It doesn’t matter who the pick would have been, these turds would have shlt on it.

I’m a results guy...let’s see after a few games. Right now, it’s Manny’s ***, so I’m ok with it.

Advertisement
Back