The Switch from Zone to Man

Advertisement
2 half we pretty much play man across the board and flourished. Why Baker Insist on playing this passive *** zone is beyond me. You have miami athletes use them. Zone should be used to keep teams off balance a switch hitter.
If by flourished you mean gave up 2TDs and a FG and nullified a turnover in the OKST redzone on one of 5000 PI calls .... then yes you are on point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s really a simple game. Our goofy staff is responsible for relying on zone when man fits our athletes like a glove.

Glove, I don't know. I would say a work in progress.

One thing about Zone, you better have some disruptive forces up front who can get there quick or at least engage the OL so your blitzes have a straight line to the QB or your zone will be picked apart by a comfortable *** QB sitting back there with all day to throw. You also have to have guys who know their assignments and we aren't there yet either.

Two were horrible calls
Other was uncatchable

The uncatchable one was bad, but there was pass interference on the other two. Both are open to interpretation though and can go either way.

Worst call of the entire game was Braxton's block in the back on the kicker. That was such a load of steaming horse**** I probably would've shot the ref had I been there.

2 half we pretty much play man across the board and flourished. Why Baker Insist on playing this passive *** zone is beyond me. You have miami athletes use them. Zone should be used to keep teams off balance a switch hitter.
Been saying it the last two seasons u can’t be considered an aggressive defense and play bend but don’t break soft *** zone coverage lol

we dont emphasize corners, we dont recruit em and the ones we get we dont coach em up.. they all suck at man coverage and either get beat or draw a ton of flags.. all of em

Advertisement
Advertisement
When we were in zone, they went up and down the field. When we went to man, our defense played better. If Couch looked at a receiver the wrong way he was getting flagged. When we went to man it gave our front 7 time to get to the QB and actually stop the run. Was it perfect? No, but it was at least decent enough to keep us in the game. .

Glove, I don't know. I would say a work in progress.

One thing about Zone, you better have some disruptive forces up front who can get there quick or at least engage the OL so your blitzes have a straight line to the QB or your zone will be picked apart by a comfortable *** QB sitting back there with all day to throw. You also have to have guys who know their assignments and we aren't there yet either.

That soft zone makes every QB we face look like Mahomes.

And our man or press coverage is still lacking a jam. Free release is a free feast.

Advertisement
Back