The Stat That Tells Our Story

hurricaneman

Recruit
Against all FBS opponents this season, in its first three drives of the game, Miami is averaging 13 yards and 4 plays per drive. The 4th Miami drive in all four of those games have taken place in the 2nd quarter. So that means this is what Miami's 1st quarter possessions have looked like in all our games against FBS opponents (ignoring the 6 yard TD drive against App State after the red zone INT):

Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Safety

On the flip side, the opponent has averaged 42 yards per drive, on their first three drives, and 8 plays. Those have looked like this:

TD
FG
TD
Punt
INT
TD
Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
TD
Punt

So, the offense has amassed -2 points on our first three drives per game (the first quarter), while the opponent has 34 points. That's the game folks. That's when you have to rely on comebacks and the legs of freshmen kickers.

Advertisement
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

I was a Lashlee fan at first but get this guy out of my face already. Teams all across the country with less talent than us find a way to generate yards and points.
My biggest issue with this guy is he continues to try to run out of these tight bunch formations with our **** OL, allowing teams to stack the box. Look at Cam's long TD run tonight he had 4 wide with trips stacked up too, spreading them out and causing confusion. Cam goes untouched. Why don't we see more of that type of stuff?

That type of pattern of futility with the opening script precisely illustrates incompetence in preparation for sure. Once that opening script goes poof, Lash just gets lost in his play sheet.

If you attend games, just a few minutes of watching this teams sideline operation will tell you all you need to know. It's a clusterfvck of wandering souls with very little instruction happening. Then, as you look around the empty stadium, it all makes sense. Nobody cares

Advertisement
Against all FBS opponents this season, in its first three drives of the game, Miami is averaging 13 yards and 4 plays per drive. The 4th Miami drive in all four of those games have taken place in the 2nd quarter. So that means this is what Miami's 1st quarter possessions have looked like in all our games against FBS opponents (ignoring the 6 yard TD drive against App State after the red zone INT):

Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Fumble
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Safety

On the flip side, the opponent has averaged 42 yards per drive, on their first three drives, and 8 plays. Those have looked like this:

TD
FG
TD
Punt
INT
TD
Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
TD
Punt

So, the offense has amassed -2 points on our first three drives per game (the first quarter), while the opponent has 34 points. That's the game folks. That's when you have to rely on comebacks and the legs of freshmen kickers.
I thought it was the 148.2 missed tackles per game

Advertisement
That type of pattern of futility with the opening script precisely illustrates incompetence in preparation for sure.

On both sides of the ball. This has been a theme work Diaz since day 1. This season just seems to be the apex of that lack of planning.

Great post, @hurricaneman.

When Lashlee came out like a scared little bittch against Alabama, his defenders said, "well it was Alabama." But he does it every freaking game. He calls a super conservative game until the scoreboard forces him to open things up.

I was a big fan of his when we signed him but its become clear that his scheme only works when we play totally outmatched opponents. Any team with a pulse proves to be a problem for a Lashee coached offense.

I was a Lashlee fan at first but get this guy out of my face already. Teams all across the country with less talent than us find a way to generate yards and points.
For the record,

We have a disgraced DC that’s got polished up a bit, now running the Def & the entire program coupled w/ his partner; a former disgraced OC that got shined up a bit. Smh. We just made the 101st ranked defense (67th against the pass & 111th against the run) look like the 00 Ravens for 3/5 of this game. I don’t get it. Oh, and the best part? After today’s game, they moved up to 93rd in Total Def. LMAO! So if we’re struggling on O against the former 101st ranked Def, at home mind you, what’s going to happen when we play:

UNC (75th)
NCSt (7th)
Pitt (39th)
GT (34th)
VT (47th)
??

Thank God Duke & FSU r still ranked 90th or lower.

Advertisement

I'm a firm believer that the offense gives us these results because they face a defense with no linebackers or fundamentals throughout practice all year long, in addition to wide open receivers. I'm very skeptical of how we manage to have such a bad offense through Richt, Enos, and Lashlee, who has all fielded a top 15 offense at some point in their career at the P-5 level, and all within 5 years of coming to Miami.

I'm a firm believer that the offense gives us these results because they face a defense with no linebackers or fundamentals throughout practice all year long, in addition to wide open receivers. I'm very skeptical of how we manage to have such a bad offense through Richt, Enos, and Lashlee, who has all fielded a top 15 offense at some point in their career at the P-5 level, and all within 5 years of coming to Miami.
Completely agree w/ u

Advertisement
Great post, @hurricaneman.

When Lashlee came out like a scared little bittch against Alabama, his defenders said, "well it was Alabama." But he does it every freaking game. He calls a super conservative game until the scoreboard forces him to open things up.

I was a big fan of his when we signed him but its become clear that his scheme only works when we play totally outmatched opponents. Any team with a pulse proves to be a problem for a Lashee coached offense.
I agree 100% and I have observed the same things. However I am beginning to get the impression that it is Diaz who has Lashlee in training wheels mode. Diaz is the head coach and he does call the shots ultimately. After having 6 years of observing Diaz its very clear that he is as conservative as they come when it comes down to it. With Diaz its always a case of gimmicks and fancy window dressing to try to cover up the fact that he is a gutless coward who's philosophy is to play not to lose. His gimmicky defense with its attacking front is just a fancy disguise for what is essentially a super soft and conservative bend but don't break defense. Being the head coach gives him the power to run every aspect of team with that painfully conservative play not to lose mentality. I'm absolutely convinced that he has Lashlee under wraps and has told him to slow it down and play conservatively. "He calls a super conservative game until the scoreboard forces him to open things up." That is what you wrote and it sums things up perfectly. The thing is that this is describing Diaz and his mindset perfectly. Im not necessarily trying to defend Lashlee as much as I am trying to convey that Diaz is the force who is ultimately holding this team back. The sequence at the end of the game after Cam Harris busted a run to the 12 yard line to the last play and the missed FG is literally the perfect summary of who Manny Diaz is and his entire coaching philosophy in a nutshell.

Doesn’t matter how Lashlee performs in the first 3 Quarters, this experiment needs to end. Paying someone with competence is the only option this school has if it gives a flying f$uck about football and it’s fanbase. They need to run Manny and Blake out of town. No need to do it now but if we are not publicly looking for a new coach by mid November, I’m not going to pay attention until we have new blood running the squad. No more games, no more TV and no more wasting my good time keeping up with them and who they are recruiting to be the next set of underachievers. The O Line is a disgrace! LBs don’t exist. DL does NOTHING. WRs drop the ball constantly. DBs lead with their heads when tackling. There is no redeeming quality about any individual position on this team…none. Had UVA not dropped so many balls, it would have been much worse. We flat out suck and there is nothing that can be done until the bandaid is ripped off.

No need to waste money on banners (they need an audience and I can’t imagine that anyone not into S&M will attend these weekly whippings). Just put down the gear, put away your shirts and hats, put your tickets on the shelves and slowly walk away. Don’t turn on the TV for away or home games. Numbers don’t lie and this program deserves ZERO followers at this point. We should get our team moving in the right direction by it continuing its pathway through the wrong direction.

And once the BOT and absent President realize that the product that they are okay with no longer brings in dollars, once they realize that they can’t use the pennies that they make in profit towards other athletic programs (like Bama that nets $70MM from football annually), they will come to their senses and get rid of the guy that has been failing at his job since he took over from Kirby Hocutt. And we will be moving to climb the mountain back to the top. But until then, this is OVER!

Advertisement
Back