The staff is now complete...

How would you grade the hires (collectively)?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Give it a B+.

Nothing splashy on defense - not that there needed to be.

On offense, I have really gotten on board with Enos and love the Field hire. Stubblefield leaves a lot to be desired - maybe it works out if he proves to be a “technician” as advertised and they let Cooney handle recruiting at the position. Maybe he’s gone in a year (like most of his other gigs) and Cooney takes over. I’d say it’s a lateral move for now. Honestly, as good as a recruiter as he was I didn’t think Dugans actually coached our receivers all that well. Hard to say with Butch and Hickson. If I had to guess I would say OL coaching will be improved (not sure on recruiting) and I think Hickson will be a pleasant surprise all around.

As a whole it’s a clear upgrade. We maintain most of what worked on defense. I think Baker is a pretty natural successor as DC to Manny. Offense is obviously a huge upgrade (not saying much given the trash we had previously). I think Enos gets this offense working enough and gets at least one QB to play well enough that we forget about some of the not so exciting hires for position coaches.

Advertisement
Considering where this staff/team was a month ago, I think it’s a solid B+. I question RBC/TEC but Diaz more than made up for it with enos and field. It’s a young and aggressive staff and I like it

C.

Defense: has zero recruiters on it, just teachers.

Offense: Enos has potential but most our hoping he learned from Alabama rather than just copy and pastes his CMU-Ark offense. And the rest of the staff are largely question marks with no reputation or bad reputation.

The TE is an elite recruiter. But can anybody tell me what the WR coach does well? What the OL Coach does well? What the RB Coach does well?
They coach goofy!!! He said what does an OL coach do well. lmao

Really? I cant see how the worst pessimist couldn't at least get to C.

Dude, I rated the staff an F- for fantastic if you didn't read from page 1..... but in all honesty I give them a "B"... Let's see the product on the field first...

Advertisement
HC - Manny Diaz- temple head coach

OC/QB - Dan Enos- wait and see

RB - Eric Hickson - cant say will wait and see

OL - Butch Barry- 💩

WR - Taylor Stubblefield - air force wr coach enough said 💩

TE - Stephen Field - ehh up in the air has no experience what so ever

DC/ILB - Blake Baker- cant call blake either way right now

Co-DC/S - Ephraim Banda💩

ST/OLB - Jonathan Patke💩

AHC/DL - Jess Simpson💩

CB - Mike Rumph
💩
Wow what a monster staff

Last edited:
One would think that the Stubblefield hire is due to Dan Enos and his evaluation of the man when they worked together.

Granted, the Air Force connection doesn't immediately make you think of Air Coryell, but that in no way disqualifies the man nor do the statistics that so many are fond of pointing to when they believe they support their argument.

As has been said; Those who site statistics forget the statisticians' warning that "correlation is not causation." Factor variables into the statistics you quote then we can talk.

I like his CFL connection who even throw the ball during timeouts and on the bus while the way to games.

Either you have faith in Enos or you don't!

Advertisement
MODSSSSSSSSSS:

Please ban anybody in this thread that went above a "C" grade.

And honestly, even though I'm included in it, maybe even ban anybody that gave the staff a C.

Please promote the 4 people that gave the staff an "F" to "Emperor Mod" status.

Thanks.

MODSSSSSSSSSS:

Please ban anybody in this thread that went above a "C" grade.

And honestly, even though I'm included in it, maybe even ban anybody that gave the staff a C.

Please promote the 4 people that gave the staff an "F" to "Emperor Mod" status.

Thanks.

Mods, where are we at with this request?

Close to 90% of the people that voted gave the staff a "B" grade or higher. Think about that. These people are a danger to this board, the fanbase, and the program.

This is like one of those "red flag" laws where you go in and take away the guns of dangerous people. These people are dangerous.

Advertisement
Back