The Sky isn't falling, thoughts on the game and predictions on the future

Coaching, coaching, coaching...

On rewatch people are going to be ****ed, because we did it to ourselves. How many personal fouls did Clemson have? How many times did Clemson line up offside? And we were still in the game come 3rd quarter.

There seems to be a real lack of appreciation for "the little things" that it takes to be a champion, and I don't see any sign of improvement in that regard on the defensive side of the ball. It was more the manner in which we lost--with the mental errors, that makes me feel the defensive leadership needs to be changed. And it's pathetic, because we were in position a lot of times and have the talent to play better than we did.

Way too many critical mental errors on defense that prolonged Clemson drives and resulted in points on the board.

On offense, our inept WR play couldn't respond to 1 on 1 coverage. Venables put the game in his DBs hands and we couldn't make them pay. That's it.

Hopefully we get to play them again, because we can beat those dudes.

Advertisement
Baker wasn’t great but he wasn’t the reason we lost yesterday. He’s a popular whipping boy. The defense didn’t make plays when needed. How many 3rd and longs did Clemson convert? A lot of players are limited in there ability.

If we recover well for rest of the season I’ll give diaz a chance.

stack the past two classes and process out the hot garbage of upperclassmen
Exactly! Diaz can easily salvage the rest of this season. Everyone expected us to lose, so that wasn't a shock to anyone. If we bounce back and win the rest of our games including our bowl, our recruits will forget this loss and we'll be set to really get things back to the early 2000's.

Advertisement
Bama is going to steam roll us. We know that’s coming. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask these corch coach’s to beat inferior, unranked coastal teams. They are corches though. Don’t get your hopes up
Will Bama be breaking in a new QB next season?

Assuming Trevor leaves Clemson, do you think that's irrelevant? If King leaves the Canes, do you think that's irrelevant?
Do you think Miami beats any of those teams? Regardless of who’s playing QB for them? They are incapable of being a top 10 away from home.

Advertisement
bill murray GIF

Baker wasn’t great but he wasn’t the reason we lost yesterday. He’s a popular whipping boy. The defense didn’t make plays when needed. How many 3rd and longs did Clemson convert? A lot of players are limited in there ability.
This narrative again...

Do you think Miami beats any of those teams? Regardless of who’s playing QB for them? They are incapable of being a top 10 away from home.
I absolutely think we can beat those teams with changes and improvements. Last night, against the clear #1 team in the country, playing on their field with a surprisingly vocal crowd, the Canes were one play from getting right back in it. We score after Trevor's fumble and make it 17-21 and the complexion of the game changes.

So yeah, with Trevor gone, and needed changes on our team, I do think we have a shot with those teams.

Advertisement
The good news is that our position coaches now know exactly where our weaknesses are. The bad news is that so does everyone else. The question is what we'll do about it.
We weren't up to snuff last night but that's not the end of the world. We're working on improving from a 6 win team. We thought we could jump over some of the growing pains. It wasn't the case. Now the real grind begins. Hopefully we continue improving...

The sky isn’t falling because we aren’t any better than last year aside from having an above average QB playing in a fitting system and a D1 level kicker. We are headed back to the stone ages once King is gone.

I absolutely think we can beat those teams with changes and improvements. Last night, against the clear #1 team in the country, playing on their field with a surprisingly vocal crowd, the Canes were one play from getting right back in it. We score after Trevor's fumble and make it 17-21 and the complexion of the game changes.

So yeah, with Trevor gone, and needed changes on our team, I do think we have a shot with those teams.
Trevor will be gone. Then they will toss in another 5 star QB. They will still have superior coaching, they will still have better players. We aren’t beating Clemson anytime soon. Bama either.

Advertisement
Trevor will be gone. Then they will toss in another 5 star QB. They will still have superior coaching, they will still have better players. We aren’t beating Clemson anytime soon. Bama either.
If we continue to make strides of improvement, then I totally disagree. Good news is, we'll get the opportunities to measure where we are next season and beyond. I think these players and coaches are hungry and I am hopeful about the future.

If we continue to make strides of improvement, then I totally disagree. Good news is, we'll get the opportunities to measure where we are next season and beyond. I think these players and coaches are hungry and I am hopeful about the future.
As long as Blake Baker is your defensive coordinator, you aren’t making strides. You are going in reverse. He will be severely out coached time and time again because he is a corch. Patke too, as well as Rumph. We don’t have good enough coaching. You needs to accept that. Our coaching isn’t good enough to beat the the best of the best. Not even close

You're on the wrong board. You should be on tiger crap. Com

Advertisement
Back