The Sky isn't falling, thoughts on the game and predictions on the future

We’re not getting better.

Next year we take a step back when King leaves.

Miami is just destined to be average

Advertisement
Why are so many panicking?...and what's with all the hysteria?

So we lost to Clemson...So what??

Calm the F' down kids!! ....because just in case you haven't been awoke the past few seasons....NOWADAYS EVERYBODY'S BEEN LOSING to CLEMSON

Last edited:
Advertisement
The good news is that our position coaches now know exactly where our weaknesses are. The bad news is that so does everyone else. The question is what we'll do about it.

You read that entire novel? You’re a better man than me. Cliff notes?
I didn’t read any of it. I saw who wrote it and how long it was and just figured that I would skip to the comments.

Sounds like Annie’s singing the sun will come out tomorrow for us.

53 needs to be on the field less.
OL is still terrible.
Why can’t we make adjustments?
King will have to come back next year.
We practiced trick plays on our bye week?
PR, can’t believe what’s going on there.
WR, young guys need to play.

Advertisement
I’m just disappointed. Not because I thought we were going to win but because we didn’t even give ourselves a chance to win. Sloppy play. Bonehead mistakes. Penalties. Drops. Turnovers. We’re lucky it wasn’t worse. You can’t play like that and beat bad teams, let alone the best team.
That’s it. No more *****ing. Pitt is next week and we have to get ready. Got 8 more games to win before getting another shot at Clemson.

Quick note:

We saw why the keep giving the experienced receivers reps and why Pope was returning punts. On back to back plays, Payton lines up wrong and ran the wrong route. That and keep Restrepo nowhere near the punt return team. I thought he was supposed to be smart? Dude made two of the stupidest decisions I’ve seen a punt returner make in a single game.

All I got from the OP; and LOFINGL on Diaz being our coach for the next 3 yrs. He’s already been here for 5 yrs. If we implode against Pitt, I can almost guarantee based on the fragile makeup on this team, we will win no more than 6 games.

I will agree; the sky is not falling, but we’ve heard & read these types of OPs for far too long. My caution for optimism was Lashlee, but he looked like the Lashlee that Gus had to take away play calling duties from tonight. Hopefully this was a fluke. Hopefully.
Rell, lashlee is basura! Every DC worth their salt will go 4 tite against us and take away our sorry no fight having Wr's I hate wiggins and harley they will be working at enterprise in a few years. No business being canes. Don't mention Pope a true 5* piece of nothing. I don't trust these guys against Pitt nope not at all.

Advertisement
I never thought we would win the game last night. I was hoping we kept it competitive and within the spread. The big take away is that the Canes need to focus on the future and stop relying on Carter’s, Harley’s, Ford’s, etc... who they hoping that are going to get better and start focusing on developing the younger players. Also, we need to upgrade the coaches on the defensive side of the football. Baker serves no purpose. Manny needs to take over the defense and call the plays. Then use that half million + to upgrade the LB’s and DB coaches!

Those boys played their asses off, they did what they could given their talent and their coaches. Everyone kept swinging. Hope to see more of the younger guys going forward. We know what we have in older ones. Hopefully there are some changes made on the staff and real culture changes. This is still a good ACC team and can win out. Will they, though, idk

...If certain players come back and certain coaches come back, and assuming Trevor doesn't come back and Etienne doesn't come back (technically he could and I guess he just loves him some SC cooking or something like that), we will take another large step forward and if not playoff worthy, then we will be getting darn close.
This doesn't matter whatsoever. Clemson has guys and when they don't they have guys riding pine ready to be guys. Think about this, that same Clemson starting defense that looked like world-beaters out there last night; their starting lineup only had two seniors. Going to the two-deep, there was only one additional senior--all three of them redshirts. Their QB, Uiagalelei, 6'4", 250 pounds. Dude was a TE in his former life and is going to be trouble in his next.

Point is, Clemson is set to continue dominating for at least the next 3 years. Only thing we can hope for is to get better than them or for Dabo to get caught up in some affair with the FO secretary.

What players Clemson retains or recruits has nothing to do with our own programs' steps toward a return to greatness. They are a measuring stick for how close we are to the promised land, not a fence blocking us out. We are our own worst enemies. Too much selfishness, not enough men up rising to the occasion.

Advertisement
OP You may want to put an * on ST; Restrepo looked like he thought he was on a high school field fielding a KO against a team that just got their only score in a blow out - that could have been easily another 14 points he gifted them.

Trevor Lawrence and TE gone makes a lot of difference.. Ppl have to understand Clemson is loaded with top 300 high school prospects... This Clemson team is loaded, I would've loved to see Miami perform better against them, but I wasn't expecting them to win.. But was expecting a better performance!! Finish the season strong Canes..

If we recover well for rest of the season I’ll give diaz a chance.

stack the past two classes and process out the hot garbage of upperclassmen

Advertisement
Back