The skinny on Leonard Manuel (I watch every Vanguard game)

mayer7196

Recruit
My father and I go to every Vanguard game we can, we have since N'Kosi Perry was a Sophomore and let me tell you one thing......Manuel is an absolute monster.

Ignore the stats for a minute, they don't utilize him as they should here in Ocala., oh and he can ball and will be playing bball for the Canes as well. (ranked in the top 50 in high school basketball for 2020 as well!!!)

He came on to the scene in 2016 season when he was a freshman. He missed the first half of the season as he was playing on JV but as soon as they plugged him in (first game he played on varsity), he went for a 43 yard touchdown. He is every bit of 6'4, if not 6'5. The most impressive thing about him is he is buttery smooth after he catches the ball. Long strides and very strong (played DB, S and DLine as well). He LOVES to hit....i can't even count how many times he has completely flattened out players.

This is a huge pick for Miami, trust me on this.

Advertisement
I think he will. The only negative about him is he is a hot-head. He has been suspended twice for mouthing off too teachers and fighting. We will see how he grows up the next two years.

Thanks, [MENTION=19373]mayer7196[/MENTION]

Offense or defense? And what do you think of N'Kosi?

No problem. I honestly think he should play wide receiver/tight end. Just depends on how much weight he puts on. He is a freak athlete for sure. The locals been talking about him for 5 years now. He completely dominated basketball and football growing up. He is something else.

N'Kosi should have started this year, just as Kaaya was thrown in. Perry is a great QB for the offense Richt wants to run. He is much quicker (very fleet footed) than Rosier. Remember that Perry didn't have to do a lot when he was a senior---they were a run heavy football team with 4-star athlete Justin Watkins (https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Watkins-79476) on the team, so he never had to ball out. But don't get it twisted, the kid has an amazing arm.

I honestly think Perry will take over this spring, be the starter heading into the first game. Rosier was just too inconsistent for Richt.

Advertisement
No problem. I honestly think he should play wide receiver/tight end. Just depends on how much weight he puts on. He is a freak athlete for sure. The locals been talking about him for 5 years now. He completely dominated basketball and football growing up. He is something else.

N'Kosi should have started this year, just as Kaaya was thrown in. Perry is a great QB for the offense Richt wants to run. He is much quicker (very fleet footed) than Rosier. Remember that Perry didn't have to do a lot when he was a senior---they were a run heavy football team with 4-star athlete Justin Watkins (https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Watkins-79476) on the team, so he never had to ball out. But don't get it twisted, the kid has an amazing arm.

I honestly think Perry will take over this spring, be the starter heading into the first game. Rosier was just too inconsistent for Richt.

Thanks for intel

I work just south of Ocala, and the locals do talk about Manuel all the time. He's known as a freak talent.

Advertisement
My father and I go to every Vanguard game we can, we have since N'Kosi Perry was a Sophomore and let me tell you one thing......Manuel is an absolute monster.

Ignore the stats for a minute, they don't utilize him as they should here in Ocala., oh and he can ball and will be playing bball for the Canes as well. (ranked in the top 50 in high school basketball for 2020 as well!!!)

He came on to the scene in 2016 season when he was a freshman. He missed the first half of the season as he was playing on JV but as soon as they plugged him in (first game he played on varsity), he went for a 43 yard touchdown. He is every bit of 6'4, if not 6'5. The most impressive thing about him is he is buttery smooth after he catches the ball. Long strides and very strong (played DB, S and DLine as well). He LOVES to hit....i can't even count how many times he has completely flattened out players.

So youre saying he can play CB and DT? Oh boy!

Yep. Richt wants consistency. How many times did we hear Richt say something like, "A guy can make a play, but I want him to be able to tell me why he made it." I think Perry is a guy that makes plays, but Richt wants him to be able to tell him why, because if you don't know why you will eventually make VERY costly mistakes, because you don't know the whys or why nots.

I'm not ruling out Williams, since he's coming in early. It'll be a GREAT QB battle this year. More talent that we've had in years. I like our mix of talent, experience, smarts, and depth. They will all make each other better, and it'll be fun to watch.

Advertisement

So youre saying he can play CB and DT? Oh boy!

He wasn't good at CB, but he was a beast at Safety!! DT if he were to gain about 20 pounds. Wirey frame. Remember he is a baller.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back