The shame is everywhere... truly us against the world again... golf story

This is RTJ golf club... his masterpiece.. pretty exclusive private club not a part of the RTJ trail.

Agreed on the focus... but I doubt any players or coaches can really go anywhere "safe" right now in public to get a way from the noise..hopefully they all turn inward towards each other and get a renewed and burning focus that we haven't seen in years because of it.
Bingo….let that ish burn. To our players: You want ppl to stop talking negatively about your coach and your program?

Mission is simple….beat UNC in Primetime and the noise immediately stops.

Advertisement
Yeah..I'm not saying Buckner gets off Scott free....as a 1st baseman you NEVER field a ball like that ESPECIALLY with a man on third that'll win the game, but, McNamara took Shiraldi out after 3 straight singles, then brought Stanley in who throws a Wild pitch.
Are we talking about getting off scotch free? Because Kam Kinchens was the safety that bit on a QB scramble when he had 9 defenders in front of him to do that job while he failed to do the one thing you should prevent with time running off the clock.

Whoops posted to wrong board... please move....

So yesterday I was out playing golf at a beautiful course in Northern Virginia (RTJ for you golf fans.. Humble brag. But I shot a 95, so not so much). I always use a Miami Hurricanes "U" logo ball marker.
This is one of those fancier courses where we have caddies.
Hole number one I put my approach shot into the green and mark my ball and the caddie asks for the ball so he can clean it. He walks up to help read my putt and sees my ball marker ... he says "is that U, like the U?! Miami?!" I say "yep!" He says, "how stupid is your coach that he can't take a knee?!"

This guy works as a caddie at a fancy golf course in Northern Virginia and also works at a Marriott hotel..has no connection at all to college football (he is also an SEC baseball ref during their season) and he immediately responded with such disgust towards our program because of the U logo on my ball marker.

Maybe this is what the program needed to get internally focused again?

Let's hope!

View attachment 261009
How stupid is your coach is what everybody is asking. It is a legit question. It just cost Miami a win. Sure the haters get more pleasure out of rubbing it in. Does not sound like the caddy was doing that.

Advertisement
The notoriety from that decision has reached levels and people unheard of. Shows the U brand is strong and people want to hate us.
This is true. If that had happened in an Illinois-Michigan state game, it wouldn’t have been the top headline on espn.com. You have to take both the good and the bad when you are an infamous brand

When we’re running the clock out Saturday night, Mario should have Chaney sidecar to TVD in the shotgun, take the snap, play-action fake to Chaney, and then take a knee. Imagine the feeling all of us would have as he was catching the snap and faking it to Chaney lmaoooooooo. If this wasn’t all so ******* depressing and was actually a comedy sketch/dream like I keep wishing it was, that would be some A++ trolling.

Always, the haters…no different today from when we were at our greatest moments. If you go back and listen to all the greats that played at Miami during that time, they will all say the same thing. US AGAINST THE WORLD mentality was real.

Today, we need to stop all the finger pointing and nonsense, show up, support this program. Together, we will rise to the top again, no doubt.

GO CANES

So yesterday I was out playing golf at a beautiful course in Northern Virginia (RTJ for you golf fans.. Humble brag. But I shot a 95, so not so much). I always use a Miami Hurricanes "U" logo ball marker.
Hole number one I put my approach shot into the green and mark my ball and the caddie asks for the ball so he can clean it. He walks up to help read my putt and sees my ball marker ... he says "is that U, like the U?! Miami?!" I say "yep!" He says, "how stupid is your coach that he can't take a knee?!"

This guy works as a caddie at a fancy golf course in Northern Virginia and also works at a Marriott hotel..has no connection at all to college football (he is also an SEC baseball ref during their season) and he immediately responded with such disgust towards our program because of the U logo on my ball marker.

Let's hope!

View attachment 261009
Beautiful hole. What's the distance and how'd you play it?

Advertisement
It would literally be the headline the following day if he won a championship in 2030 - "From the worst decision in the history of college football to national champion"

It will never be lived down. Right up there with not handing the ball to Lynch at the goal line, Bill Buckner's error in the '86 world series, etc. that still live on and get talked about. Only difference is it wasn't at the highest stage in the game.
It will be lived down. But it will take time and a championship.

The New York Giants went through the same thing in 1978. The only difference, the OC got fired the next day, the head coach after the season ended. The taint lasted until they won the Superbowl. They've won three more since. It's been forgotten until Mario made the same mistake.

It will be lived down. But it will take time and a championship.

The New York Giants went through the same thing in 1978. The only difference, the OC got fired the next day, the head coach after the season ended. The taint lasted until they won the Superbowl. They've won three more since. It's been forgotten until Mario made the same mistake.
They showed that play on NFL network this week as a result of Cristobal's idiocy. It is still circulating and hasn't been forgotten and lived down.

They talked about it comparing it to Bevell/Carroll not running it in the super bowl and throwing an interception at the goal line when that happened... 40-45 years later in these instances.

This is true. If that had happened in an Illinois-Michigan state game, it wouldn’t have been the top headline on espn.com. You have to take both the good and the bad when you are an infamous brand
It sure would. That's how mind-boggling stupid it was.

The only difference would be instead of just shaking their heads in disbelief, those lurking with an ax to grind, have resurfaced with their invectives.

Last edited:
Beautiful hole. What's the distance and how'd you play it?
Maybe you can see the flag tucked way to the back the left there? Was playing about 185 to the pin. I hit a 5 iron draw middle/right of the green. Caught it a little fat so left it short out to the right, but on the right level of the pin. 3 putted for bogey 😬🤦‍♂️ (missed a 6 footer for par).

Advertisement
They showed that play on NFL network this week as a result of Cristobal's idiocy. It is still circulating and hasn't been forgotten and lived down.

They talked about it comparing it to Bevell/Carroll not running it in the super bowl and throwing an interception at the goal line when that happened... 40-45 years later in these instances.
Maybe forgotten is the wrong word but I haven't heard mention of it for over 35 years. And I'm a Giant fan, if it was out there, I would have heard it.

Thanks to Mario, it's surfaced and has been circulating anew. Whenever the next boneheaded coaching decision is made that costs a team a win, it will resurface again.

It's being etched in football lore.

Maybe you can see the flag tucked way to the back the left there? Was playing about 185 to the pin. I hit a 5 iron draw middle/right of the green. Caught it a little fat so left it short out to the right, but on the right level of the pin. 3 putted for bogey 😬🤦‍♂️ (missed a 6 footer for par).
Yes at first I'm like where the **** is the flag lol. I played a similar hole Saturday minus the water. The wind is rough so I hate my hybrid just show chipped up and pared it. At least you didn't go in the beach.

Advertisement
Maybe forgotten is the wrong word but I haven't heard mention of it for over 35 years. And I'm a Giant fan, if it was out there, I would have heard it.

Thanks to Mario, it's surfaced and has been circulating anew. Whenever the next boneheaded coaching decision is made that costs a team a win, it will resurface again.

It's being etched in football lore.
Like you said Bob Gibson was fired for it the next day. HC at the end of the year. That is how bad of a blunder it is for Mario. That's why it's not as crazy as someone like Josh Pate thinks for some to say it is fireable.

Don't think the dude ever coached a down of football ever again. If I remember correctly he essentially put himself in his own witness protection and went off-grid in the keys or something and never even spoke about it.

Let's hope!

View attachment 261009
That’s how they design it.

The media who hates us and love us being down will not let it go.

The officials who hate us and love us being down reaffirm their obvious bull**** calls.

Us Against the World has always been a reality, but for the most part, we brought out the true hate and obvious relief of the rest of the college football world /media who now get to wipe the sweat away and laugh and say “they will never be back and I knew it”…

Who gives a **** if we get the last laugh, but we brought it on ourselves for the most part. Lee was correct, that game should not have even been close…we made sure it could be.

I thought it was Ohio St against the world?

You know, the school that gets every break, every call, the commitee bending over backwards each year to put them in the playoff

Let's hope!

View attachment 261009
Hope you took your tipping game to Judge Smails level

1697126783550.png

Advertisement
Back