The Season is Over

jkdood

All ACC
Put the dancing shoes away. We are not winning out and we are not winning the ACC Tourney. The N.I.T. is not a worthy objective for a basketball school, which we actually seem to have been for 2 seasons.

It sure was nice while it lasted. And thanks for that since the football seasons have been painful. Maybe that will change in 2024 (hopefully). Coach L is legendary great and gets high marks for making us a basketball school for 2 years. Maybe this will occur again; but the issues that are being bandied about here, some speculation some based on reality, mean NO for 2024.

Advertisement
No presence in paint No threes = loss

I also feel all this lowers confidence , not a winning mixture.

BUT DUDES are coming via monster recruiting class , instant metamorphosis coming no doubt.

GOCANES
We didn't have much of a paint presence the past two seasons. Lots of 20/20 hindsight. The issues are clunky roster fit and a team that doesn't like playing with/for each other

Advertisement
We didn't have much of a paint presence the past two seasons. Lots of 20/20 hindsight. The issues are clunky roster fit and a team that doesn't like playing with/for each other
And no depth whatsoever. Six deep. After that, the "contributions" fall off a cliff. We also don't defend worth a ****.

Your right in that this is not all THAT different from last season - many of the same issues existed then as well. I'm left to conclude the senior experience of Wong and Miller is the difference.

Good point,

Our saving grace was having clutch players

GOCANES

Good point,

Our saving grace was having clutch players

GOCANES

Makes you wonder how this year would look if Wong came back. I thought he had one year left of eligibility. He could have made more in NIL than his contract.

Advertisement
And risk injury? He was just the ACC player of the year and led his team to the Final Four. His stock was never going to be higher.

He is incurring the same risk of injury, for less $, is he not? Whether college or pro, injury risk is there. I am not sure it is quite as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

And no depth whatsoever. Six deep. After that, the "contributions" fall off a cliff. We also don't defend worth a ****.

Your right in that this is not all THAT different from last season - many of the same issues existed then as well. I'm left to conclude the senior experience of Wong and Miller is the difference.
Definitely under valued how much those two guys meant to last years squad. I think the biggest thing was their ability to drive. Wong was such a premier shot creator, he helped open things up for everyone else. Cleveland and George belong as corner shooters

Advertisement
He is incurring the same risk of injury, for less $, is he not? Whether college or pro, injury risk is there. I am not sure it is quite as cut and dry as you make it out to be.
Fine, but he played 4 full college seasons in a day and age that 22 is considered old for the NBA. Again, he wouldn't have helped his stock if he had come back.

Fine, but he played 4 full college seasons in a day and age that 22 is considered old for the NBA. Again, he wouldn't have helped his stock if he had come back.
I got ya, I wasn't really implying that he would ever improve his stock, I was simply pointing out that this team with the pieces we have could be far better with him, and from a financial standpoint, he could have benefitted greatly from returning.

many are considering this a weak draft class, and to think he couldn't have improved in another year is short sighted imo.

Again not on a NBA roster making less money in 2024. hmmm

Advertisement
Love Coach L. Too many excuse makers have walked the halls of the Hecht for years and this guy has always been about accountability.
1000% agree. No means do I think Coach L should go, but we've got to stop with the excuses when things go awry. If it isn't one thing it's always another. Team has to play better. Coaches have to coach better. Plain & simple. The beauty of college basketball is that you're never out of it. This team can still turn this thing around. All is not lost. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Back