The Saddest Part...

Anyone thinking these guys are taking bag money instead of being drafted in the top two rounds need to have your heads examined.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are 3 Clemson Defensive Lone prospects that had 1st and 2nd round grades that came back to school to try and win a National Championship. Also last year Georgia’s defense had a bunch of prospects that returned for their senior season. Alabama has had guys with 2st round grades return and we have guys leaving with 5th round grades chasing the money.
You just mentioned 3 schools who literally has bagmen paying for these kids to stay

You must be new to this.

You must not understand math. In 2017 the LAST pick of the first round signed for about $9 million, $6.7 million guaranteed, with a $4.6 million signing bonus.

The LAST pick of the second round signed a $4 million salary, $2 million guaranteed with a $1.2 million signing bonus.

Both those salaries will be higher this year.

These guys will have whatever some booster is willing to give in pocket change if they would have gotten drafted where projected.

The bag schools are paying extra to secure all 4 years of playing for the school. Some of the kids are under contract, good example is the Clemson D-line.
Was just about to post the same thing. I look at it this way. Some kids come here for 3 years, knowing their draft stock will be high, and they will get a good pay day down the road. Some kids go for the bags, which is less than an NFL paycheck, but it's immediate. For that reason we will always get NFL caliber talent, but it will almost always leave early. It's a huge disadvantage.

I believe the NCAA knows full well what is going on, and is supporting it. It's why they took so long dragging us through the mud. How many kids were sold the "Miami is getting the death penalty" lie? The longer it took, the worse it looked, and the easier it was for other schools to cherry pick from our back yard. The NCAA is crooked as ****.

Funny thing is this. Mark my word, WE will get investigated again if we start winning with these 3 and done kids. Other schools, SEC, will say we must be cheating to get these players. They will concoct some BS story about how we are paying players and it will help level the playing field again. One that isn't level anyway.

Advertisement
Nobody can tell that these "bag men" are giving these kids anywhere near the money they'd have made by getting drafted. We're talking about millions of dollars not just a few grand and a Camaro. Maybe, some of these guys actually care about winning championships?

Was just about to post the same thing. I look at it this way. Some kids come here for 3 years, knowing their draft stock will be high, and they will get a good pay day down the road. Some kids go for the bags, which is less than an NFL paycheck, but it's immediate. For that reason we will always get NFL caliber talent, but it will almost always leave early. It's a huge disadvantage.

I believe the NCAA knows full well what is going on, and is supporting it. It's why they took so long dragging us through the mud. How many kids were sold the "Miami is getting the death penalty" lie? The longer it took, the worse it looked, and the easier it was for other schools to cherry pick from our back yard. The NCAA is crooked as ****.

Funny thing is this. Mark my word, WE will get investigated again if we start winning with these 3 and done kids. Other schools, SEC, will say we must be cheating to get these players. They will concoct some BS story about how we are paying players and it will help level the playing field again. One that isn't level anyway.

Are you guys saying schools are making kids sign actual contracts to enforce their illegitimate payments? That they’re creating a paper trail of potential death penalty documents?

Are you guys saying schools are making kids sign actual contracts to enforce their illegitimate payments? That they’re creating a paper trail of potential death penalty documents?
Oh no, nothing about "paper" at all. They are smarter than that. Just like guys are smart enough not to rat out the system.

Oh no, nothing about "paper" at all. They are smarter than that. Just like guys are smart enough not to rat out the system.

Papers don’t need to be signed.

Here’s how it often works for people that don’t know. This is just for a few athletes, this isn’t everybody.

The player’s family back home is dependent on the money. If the player doesn’t follow through, the money dries up. So you have a family receiving 5 to even possibly close to six figure yearly benefits. That’s pressure on the athlete and an inducement to sign with the school, and a safety net if they want to stay an extra year.

Think about a recent local south Florida signee and how thrilled the entire family was to have the head coach visit. The happy pictures tell the story.

Advertisement
Papers don’t need to be signed.

Here’s how it often works for people that don’t know. This is just for a few athletes, this isn’t everybody.

The player’s family back home is dependent on the money. If the player doesn’t follow through, the money dries up. So you have a family receiving 5 to even possibly close to six figure yearly benefits. That’s pressure on the athlete and an inducement to sign with the school, and a safety net if they want to stay an extra year.

Why would the player need the money anymore if he decides to leave after his junior season?

He can give anyone he likes the middle finger and walk. What’s the bag man going to do, call a lawyer or a cop?

A protected 1st or 2nd rounder can easily get that money or more from the agent he signs with, with a requirement to repay after he signs his contract.

No top player is staying anywhere to keep cash flow coming from some booster, including those Clemson guys.

They have zero need to.

Can someone please tell me exactly what Spastic Peter exactly did?
Pete is a first year employee, not Jerry Maguire. To think he had anything to do with moving Kendrick is ludicrous, even if it is fun to joke about. He is just not that important there....yet

Why would the player need the money anymore if he decides to leave after his junior season?

He can give anyone he likes the middle finger and walk. What’s the bag man going to do, call a lawyer or a cop?

A protected 1st or 2nd rounder can easily get that money or more from the agent he signs with, with a requirement to repay after he signs his contract.

No top player is staying anywhere to keep cash flow coming from some booster, including those Clemson guys.

They have zero need to.

I’m saying it’s a safety net in case they’re on the fence about staying. Obviously someone that’s made up their mind about leaving and is pretty sure they’re going high is going no matter what. No bags will make him stay.

You must not understand math. In 2017 the LAST pick of the first round signed for about $9 million, $6.7 million guaranteed, with a $4.6 million signing bonus.

The LAST pick of the second round signed a $4 million salary, $2 million guaranteed with a $1.2 million signing bonus.

Both those salaries will be higher this year.

These guys will have whatever some booster is willing to give in pocket change if they would have gotten drafted where projected.

You're weighing in just the money portion, not adding money to what comes with staying an extra year in college. So no, it isn't just math.

Advertisement
I swear some of you rubes have never read the expose' on the Bama bag men.

If you did. You wouldn't come on here talking like a ******* infant.

I swear some of you rubes have never read the expose' on the Bama bag men.

If you did. You wouldn't come on here talking like a ******* infant.

Talk about child like, someone who believes a potential Top 60 pick in the NFL draft recturns to college for his senior year because some myesterious Bama or Clemson booster gives him enough to say to himself "This is so much money I'm going to walk away from several million guaranteed in the NFL."

No one is saying there aren't bagmen grown up dude, I'm saying there's nobody out there paying those Clemson D-linemen with first round projections enough side money to convince them to stay in school and walk away from $5 million up front and finally reaching the pinnacle of their sport.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back