The Saddest Part...

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
The saddest part of the latest NFL/UM draft debacle concerning kids who came out early (McIntosh/Norton)? It won’t change a **** thing!

A year will pass, UM kids will be convinced once again, by the usual suspects, that past history doesn’t matter and their situation is different than the former X, Y and Z Canes.

One of Coach Richt’s biggest, if not the biggest challenge, is changing the culture/mindsets of the kids who believe that they have to get the money…Now!! Unfortunately, this thinking has been ingrained into their heads from an early age, especially so concerning the South Florida kids.

The money and job security that McIntosh and Norton foolishly left on the table is depressing beyond words.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The saddest part of the latest NFL/UM draft debacle concerning kids who came out early (McIntosh/Norton)? It won’t change a **** thing!

A year will pass, UM kids will be convinced once again, by the usual suspects, that past history doesn’t matter and their situation is different than the former X, Y and Z Canes.

One of Coach Richt’s biggest, if not the biggest challenge, is changing the culture/mindsets of the kids who believe that they have to get the money…Now!! Unfortunately, this thinking has been ingrained into their heads from an early age, especially so concerning the South Florida kids.

The money and job security that McIntosh and Norton left on the table is depressing beyond words.

I still cannot wrap my head around the Clemson DT that gave up locked 1st or 2nd round money to come back, versus our retarded DTs who left early to earn literal peanuts in a sport that is utterly unforgiving to 3rd day draft picks.

I think going after the typical Dade and Broward County drama queens and attention whores is a fast track to nowhere. This year's frontrunners for the Josh Jorbe Award look like Bogle and Lucas.

I say we should focus on Palm, Central FL, and Jacksonville as our main recruiting areas. Those boys have FAR FAR FAR less drama than the Miami hood. Quarterman, Owens, Norton, Derrick Smith, McCloud, Pinckney, Lingard, Reed, etc, never once had to doubt their recruitment once they committed or recommitted to the U.

Then cherrypick Dade and Broward. Pick kids that actually want to be Canes, that have Cane blood in their veins. Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Rousseau, Davis, Pope, Scaife, etc. And don't slow play em. Treat the ones with genuine Cane interest the same way you would treat a blue chip OOS prospect. Don't slow play em and disrespect them the way we did Samuel and this year Jaden Davis.

So in short, **** the Dade and Broward primadonnas. Focus on Palm, Central, North Florida, and now Georgia.

Frankly, Florida-Georgia Line sounds a lot better for us than Pit Bull.

Advertisement

The money and job security that McIntosh and Norton left on the table is depressing beyond words.
So true...

Advertisement
There are 3 Clemson Defensive Lone prospects that had 1st and 2nd round grades that came back to school to try and win a National Championship. Also last year Georgia’s defense had a bunch of prospects that returned for their senior season. Alabama has had guys with 2st round grades return and we have guys leaving with 5th round grades chasing the money.

I still cannot wrap my head around the Clemson DT that gave up locked 1st or 2nd round money to come back, versus our retarded DTs who left early to earn literal peanuts in a sport that is utterly unforgiving to 3rd day draft picks.

I think going after the typical Dade and Broward County drama queens and attention whores is a fast track to nowhere. This year's frontrunners for the Josh Jorbe Award look like Bogle and Lucas.

I say we should focus on Palm, Central FL, and Jacksonville as our main recruiting areas. Those boys have FAR FAR FAR less drama than the Miami hood. Quarterman, Owens, Norton, Derrick Smith, McCloud, Pinckney, Lingard, Reed, etc, never once had to doubt their recruitment once they committed or recommitted to the U.

Then cherrypick Dade and Broward. Pick kids that actually want to be Canes, that have Cane blood in their veins. Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Rousseau, Davis, Pope, Scaife, etc. And don't slow play em. Treat the ones with genuine Cane interest the same way you would treat a blue chip OOS prospect. Don't slow play em and disrespect them the way we did Samuel and this year Jaden Davis.

So in short, **** the Dade and Broward primadonnas. Focus on Palm, Central, North Florida, and now Georgia.

Norton is from Jax

Advertisement

:monkey-serious:

The money and job security that McIntosh and Norton foolishly left on the table is depressing beyond words.

I'm with you on this one. Richt and staff did everything they could to try to get these two to make the right decision, the funny thing is the two db's who decided to come back probably would have gone higher then those knuckleheads.

Norton is from Jax

I know thats why i listed him with all the other Central/Northern FL kids. He made a retarded decision to leave early, but his recruitment was as solid and devoid of drama as they come. ALL of our central and north FL kids handled their recruiting business like men. Meanwhile, back home in the hood, we've got Josh Jorbe's, Keif Bryant's, and soon to be Krissy Bogles publicly hemming and hawing with commitment timelines that go from July 2018 all the way to February 2018. lol. Really, son? Really?

Like i said: Lock down the genuine Dade and Broward kids that want to be Canes, that won't be playing silly hat games or Twitter edits. Don't slowplay em, treat em with respect. Give the middle finger to the rest of the prima donnas and drama queens and leave their $$$ games for the SEC to deal with. Then make UVal County, Palm, and the rest of central and northern FL your primary home base with a little Georgia flavor thrown in.

Gurvan Hall. Cleveland Reed. Lorenzo Lingard. Will Mallory. 4 top notch elite of the elite players with absolutely ZERO drama, all from FL, all from outside the Broward and Dade trash.

Advertisement
Players at Bama and Clemson are already on salary. No need to leave early.

Still not excuse for our guys to declare for the draft if they're not ready. A college degree can set you up for life. Ask yearby if he regrets his decision not to come back or at least transfer and stay in school. What job is he qualified to do?

Disagree re: recruiting but whatever, that's for another day.

Re: Clemson, for some guys, anything short of a championship ain't enough. It was that way for Ed Reed and Bryant McKinnie. It's a culture thing.

The bag schools are paying extra to secure all 4 years of playing for the school. Some of the kids are under contract, good example is the Clemson D-line.

Advertisement
Back