The Rock visit Deion

Advertisement
That’s cool, but I’m wondering why anyone would have never thought they’d see that. It’s not, like fsu or anything.
I can give you the top 6 reasons… and you WON’T believe number 5!

In other words: people sometimes say things on the internet because of how it creates clicks and engagement rather than because it’s true.

In other words: people sometimes say things on the internet because of how it creates clicks and engagement rather than because it’s true.
John Lithgow Reaction GIF by Laff

That’s cool, but I’m wondering why anyone would have never thought they’d see that. It’s not, like fsu or anything.

It's also not, like, Dwayne's father is black, or anything like that, right? Why would someone think they'd "never see" something like this?

Last edited:
Advertisement
OT and it's none of our business but it'd still be interesting to hear what transpired or what epiphanies may have been had that induced the Rock and Dany's divorce. Especially so based on their unique current relationship.

Good for them and for their kids regardless. Rocky Johnson seemingly wasn't the greatest father to all of his many kids so it's great when someone breaks that cycle instead of repeating it.

Advertisement
Tweet is more like saying Sanders made it all possible because Deon is like the greatest person ever. The Rock wouldn't have come there on his own initiative. I don't see the big deal other than making Deon something close to a deity.

I can answer.

The Rock, tho half black. has never really embraced those roots.

He's not ashamed of it by any means, but he takes the racially ambiguous Zoe Kravitz, Vin Diesel, Rashida Jones route. For example, the love interests in his films are never women of color and he works almost exclusively with non black directors.

You almost never see him associated with anything Black outside of Kevin Hart.

NOT A CRITICISM. Repeat, NOT A CRITICISM. But you need to understand that in order to answer your question.

So for him to set foot on an HBCU -- it IS something you didn't think you would ever see. It wasn't said just to be said.

I can answer.

The Rock, tho half black. has never really embraced those roots.

He's not ashamed of it by any means, but he takes the racially ambiguous Zoe Kravitz, Vin Diesel, Rashida Jones route. For example, the love interests in his films are never women of color and he works almost exclusively with non black directors.

You almost never see him associated with anything Black outside of Kevin Hart.

NOT A CRITICISM. Repeat, NOT A CRITICISM. But you need to understand that in order to answer your question.

So for him to set foot on an HBCU -- it IS something you didn't think you would ever see. It wasn't said just to be said.
I guess I assumed a comment like that would refer to something negative. Like he’d said or done things that would make one think he’d be anti-HBCU.

Advertisement
They are both under UA, as well. It’s not like The Rock went up to FSU to show some love. That would be news worthy. This ain’t, imo.

OT and it's none of our business but it'd still be interesting to hear what transpired or what epiphanies may have been had that induced the Rock and Dany's divorce. Especially so based on their unique current relationship.

Good for them and for their kids regardless. Rocky Johnson seemingly wasn't the greatest father to all of his many kids so it's great when someone breaks that cycle instead of repeating it.
Rock is smart enough to know he isn't some great genius, so having Dany around to manage his affairs is worth it, even if their marriage broke down.

Advertisement

WHAT!? I can’t believe that’s true.

Deion never covered Irvin....Deion covered Brian Blades because of Blades speed. Mike was too big and strong for Prime...and it showed in the Pro's.
He was on the team though and you know he felt that ****t when we took their hearts from them! ! I think it’s safe to say that everyone pretty much knows Deion wasn’t covering 47 when he played at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back