The right seat on the bus

Advertisement
I've always thought Ray Ray should have been moved to LB any one else???

If you asked me this question before the season I would have said no way. Now, I hope the coaches give him am ultimatum, either accept moving to Linebacker or you can declare for the draft or transfer to North Alabama.

So Money you feel Chambers has played well at cb or that he has legitimate upside there? Interesting. I generally agree with the idea that Golden has approved moving players into positions where they can excel, except along our offensive line. Kehoe did the whole "musical chairs/sleepers from Canada" routine the last time he was our OL coach, and it looks like more of the same, except this time we're getting kids from Illinois that U. Illinois did not want.

Advertisement
So Money you feel Chambers has played well at cb or that he has legitimate upside there?

Chambers just got moved too late. As D'Onfrio has said, he has all the tools at the position. He's also a good kid. If he would've been moved as a freshman, when it was clear that guys like JJ, Coop and McNeal were way ahead of him, he would've developed into a nice corner.

I've always thought Ray Ray should have been moved to LB any one else???

I was on the fence, but I'm starting to lean towards yes. The problem is we're so thin at safety. He's just not improving there and it's hard to see how much improvement he can make.

If Golden's driving a big bus, he needs to ensure Kehoe has his area in order. I think they're in there playing musical chairs. Literally.

That has been the "Kehoe" way forever. OL is a merry go round. No wonder we never had a consistently good OL under him.

If Golden's driving a big bus, he needs to ensure Kehoe has his area in order. I think they're in there playing musical chairs. Literally.

This. I never liked Art's "5 best" theory. BW was an All Acc guard. Injuries may have dictated the move intially. But now that we see him struggling at tackle and with our short yardage situations rather weak, perhaps we should move our best guard back to his spot and maybe get a push on 3rd and 1. When I think of how just a few yards seperate this team from having 1 or 2 losses, makes me want to use Keholio as a blocking dummy down US1.

Advertisement
Chambers just got moved too late. As D'Onfrio has said, he has all the tools at the position. He's also a good kid. If he would've been moved as a freshman, when it was clear that guys like JJ, Coop and McNeal were way ahead of him, he would've developed into a nice corner.

THIS!!

In the grand scheme of things, have we really been shuffling all that much... Since games have been played there does not seem to be alot of shuffling. The lines were being shuffled around alot during spring and summer. I promise I am not defending Kehoe as he would not have been my choice of OL Coaches. The timing of Stoutland leaving sucked bottom line. Interesting him and Pununzio were picked up by Saban. Stoutland had a much better reputation coming to Miami than Coach Pun.

So my question is how severe was Henderson's injury? Between him and Bunch, we have been forced to play BWash at an unnatural position. BWash has been kicking *** for playing out of position. Anyone else notice Feliciano manning the RT position better than Henderson...

If there is one area where Golden has already lapped Shannon, it's putting players "on the right seat of the bus." What I mean is, you can have great athletes on the bus, but if they're out of position they'll drag you down.

With Shannon, you had Ryan Hill languishing at receiver, Shields spending an unnecessary year at receiver, and Chambers trudging along at running back. The only good move I can remember was Tervaris Johnson to TE.

Golden is the opposite. Ojomo to DT, Dye to TE, Cornelius to hybrid LB/S. Even Jeremy Lewis looks pretty good at guard. Clements was moved to safety when Storm was here because Golden knew he could always go back to RB. When Storm left, he moved right back. Coach Al prides himself on having a vision for each player and being honest with them about their development. I think his personnel decisions have validated that.

:hunt_dog_lol:

Advertisement
The difference I see is that Golden seems to recognize these things a little faster.

Like a few years faster.

No idea how it will work out but there's no sense in sparing feelings or trying to force someone to be good at a spot because that's where he was recruited at.
:hunt_dog_lol:

Advertisement
But is Goldielocks better at seating the bus than Coach Taggert?

[video=youtube;h3MOLaXBpcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3MOLaXBpcg[/video]

I remember when this thread was posted I never understood it. He didn't out either kid in position to be productive. Hill was a wideout because we had a kicker line up at wideout in like fall of 05. Hill was also often injured. Shields was stubborn until his senior year... Either way both were more productive than any of our db's as of late. Al was just wasting time...

Advertisement
Back