The Recruit Notebook - Kc McDermott

View as article
Which brother does he love more?

MIGHT not have anything to do with his brothers.

In Jeff Greer's story on Kc in the Palm Beach Post, Kc says his Grandfather was a HUGE Notre Dame fan. The following quotes are Kc's words, as stated by Jeff Greer on Twitter (I condensed 3 tweets together):

"My grandpa was the world’s biggest #NotreDame fan. Every Sat he woke up & turned on NBC & that was the only station he’d watch. He was born in Chicago, an Irish Catholic. It was just Notre Dame all the way. To have him in the back of my mind, knowing that if I went (to #NotreDame) he’d be extremely proud and happy of me." - Kc McDermott

Do with that information what you will.

That's what he stated in a video interview on Scout. The way he lit up during that interview is why I think he's ND bound. Sometimes the loved ones that aren't here impact us more than the loved ones that are.

A calm and reasoned statement regarding a recruit. What a welcomed breath of fresh air.

Advertisement
Which brother does he love more?

MIGHT not have anything to do with his brothers.

In Jeff Greer's story on Kc in the Palm Beach Post, Kc says his Grandfather was a HUGE Notre Dame fan. The following quotes are Kc's words, as stated by Jeff Greer on Twitter (I condensed 3 tweets together):

"My grandpa was the world’s biggest #NotreDame fan. Every Sat he woke up & turned on NBC & that was the only station he’d watch. He was born in Chicago, an Irish Catholic. It was just Notre Dame all the way. To have him in the back of my mind, knowing that if I went (to #NotreDame) he’d be extremely proud and happy of me." - Kc McDermott

Do with that information what you will.

That's what he stated in a video interview on Scout. The way he lit up during that interview is why I think he's ND bound. Sometimes the loved ones that aren't here impact us more than the loved ones that are.

A calm and reasoned statement regarding a recruit. What a welcomed breath of fresh air.
I think he loves both schools and feels comfortable at either school so it will come down to this last visit but its a 50/50 toss up right now

We simply can't lose out on guys with a Miami connection nor the top talent in SoFL. We gotta be able to close on 95% of the top talent we offer in SoFL. Some will opt out, but for us to compete year in and out at a championship level we have to wall off SoFL. Every school in the SE is trying or has hired a coach with close ties to the area. Bama paying Mario big bucks for the chance he can bring SoFL talent to Tuscalossa. They would take a Florida Boy over most Bama boys any day. Can't stress enough the need for this school, team and fans to reignite the buzz baout Cane football.

Someone should do a Rivals Rewrite edition of recruiting notebook.

Now [read: Tuesday] that he's committed to Miami, turns out dude's ********s haven't dropped and are now cancerous. He's ****ed. Oh, and he missed a block one time. What a ******. 1* recruit.

[Obligatory disclaimer that this is sarcasm, in case anyone who knows the guy sees this]

Last edited:
Advertisement
After watching moar of this kid, I'll say this...he's got a really high floor. If he catches you flat footed, you're done. I don't have much worry about how he'll project in the run game. I think in that regard he's a guy you could bring in and play right away on run downs at right tackle. When he locks on, its papoose to go.

A few things I'd like to see...most depend on his development in pass pro. How his kick step develops. How he develops in regards to technique in pass protection, especially footwork. He's got some pretty violent hands and can engage well against the run (in one of his highlight videos he taps a linebacker and the linebacker goes flying 5-yards in the other direction), but how's his punch in pass situations. How's he going to deal with the top speed rushers...those types of players can give even the best offensive linemen fits when coming across their body. How he'll deal with a 6'5" 260lb bull rush. You just won't see those types of players with any regularity at the HS level. I'm also interested to see his ability to pull...I've seen'em get into the second level in HS, but I want to see him get out and pull.

I think his floor is a dominant run blocking right tackle. Anything else and you're playing with house money...I think he's a prospect on par with a guy like John Theus, for sure. I liked Ereck Flowers a hair more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back