The reason Miami lost

Our HC is a scared timid nervous wreck who goes into a shell when he gets a lead. His plan was to establish the run and bleed the clock in the second half.

Got away from what was working, which was clearly play-action passing game on first down. You mean to tell me we suddenly lost our advantage in the passing game?

Where was a guy like Herb Waters? He would have given them nightmares.

I thought we took alot of shots still in the 2nd half. We didn't execute. Kaaya missed a few, batted balls at the LOS. We took our shots and missed.

Advertisement
We actually lost the game in the first half -- Dropped INT and Dropped TD as mentioned ---- and Duke has to be on the field in the final drive

We lost the game because our second half strategy was "play not to lose" instead of "playing to win."

The offensive tempo was much slower and they went away from what was working in the first half. The special teams are horrible, losing four points and vital field position just compounded the issues.

It's a **** shame...Miami needed that win for countless reasons.

you pay a price for going with a true frosh at QB. It will pay off in spades over the next few years.

I love kaaya and I know he's going to be great but he was visibly rattled as the pressure mounted in the second half. The moment got to him bottom line. Even with all the breaks that went their way all he needed to do was compete a few passes and we probably score more points.

Dropped INT prior to an FSU score in the first half
Dropped TD (Berrios)
Missed extra point
Missed field goal
Two fumbles from our tight ends on big plays
A batted ball that should have killed an FSU drive results in a gift TD
Passive 2nd half defense
Ultra conservative 2nd half offense
Idotic play calling on the final drive

But yeah, let's blame it all on Duke's cramps.

Most of those don't happen if we dominate on the ground and control time of possession the way we did in the first half. That's the key. Duke Johnson having to take too many plays off puts the onus on Kaaya to really make the plays. In the first half we ran the ball well, kept the chains moving and we kept their offense off the field, we needed it to be the same way down the stretch.
This makes no sense. Duke Johnson was not relevant to most of the miscues I listed. Not to mention, most of our big plays in the first half were through the air.

It makes perfect sense. If you are FSU's defensive coordinator, and you know on this or that particular series that Johnson is not in the game, what are you going to do? You're going to take the opportunity to blitz the s**t outta Kaaya and make him force throws, no? The more Johnson had to go out the game, the more FSU could pin their ears back when they knew that Kaaya was going to pass because we couldn't establish the run without Johnson, especially in the second half. Think time of possession, that's the answer the beating FSU.

Advertisement
It makes perfect sense. If you are FSU's defensive coordinator, and you know on this or that particular series that Johnson is not in the game, what are you going to do? You're going to take the opportunity to blitz the s**t outta Kaaya and make him force throws, no? The more Johnson had to go out the game, the more FSU could pin their ears back when they knew that Kaaya was going to pass because we couldn't establish the run without Johnson, especially in the second half. Think time of possession, that's the answer the beating FSU.[/QUOTE]

The answer to beating the Semenholes will be on display when the playoffs get under way. Yeah, go ahead and spot Saban and the Crimson Tide 2 or 3 TD's and we'll see if the rapist can pull another miracle out of his ***.

Penalties killed most out second half drives. We didn't have the ball as much in the second half either. We were successfully running the ball.

you pay a price for going with a true frosh at QB. It will pay off in spades over the next few years.

I love kaaya and I know he's going to be great but he was visibly rattled as the pressure mounted in the second half. The moment got to him bottom line. Even with all the breaks that went their way all he needed to do was compete a few passes and we probably score more points.

The offensive staff is like a Chinese fire drill on the sidelines. It's a complete cluster fluck and doesn't help Kayaa at all.

Extremely slow calling plays to Kayaa from the sideline, along with late substitutions are critical flaws.

The "check with me" mickey mouse offensive philosophy is a detriment to Kayaa and the offense in general. With a late call in from the sideline, they're lining up with far too little time on the play clock. Then, they're asking Kayaa to turn away from the defensive alignment to get a very slow "check" from the sideline.

So, as the play clock burns down and every skill position player looks to the disorganized sideline to appease some-ones ego....The opposing defense shifts and Kayaa has only a few seconds to call the check and call for the snap.

With no time to scan the coverage and the wide receivers still asking WTF is going on, the ball is snapped with a second or two left on the play clock, vital downs are ****ed away.

Final possesion, 2:00 drill, they have timeouts...We all saw how discombobulated it was. OK, 4th and 9....Timeout...get it together and communicate WTF is needed. Instead Brendan Carrol and Coley are freakin lost, yelling, confused and it all culminates to shlt.

Coley scripts well, offense produces early....then it's a crap-shoot of disorganized nonsense going forward.

So lemme get this straight. A home run hitter in Duke Johnson pulling a Lebron and FSU capitalizing on it by blitzing a safety continuously and swatting after pass after pass and the rest secondary playing 15 yards downfield ISNT why we lost. Got it.

Advertisement

Give me that excuse against UL and Nebraska but not in week 10. True freshman isn't even an excuse anymore.

The offensive staff is like a Chinese fire drill on the sidelines. It's a complete cluster fluck and doesn't help Kayaa at all.

Extremely slow calling plays to Kayaa from the sideline, along with late substitutions are critical flaws.

The "check with me" mickey mouse offensive philosophy is a detriment to Kayaa and the offense in general. With a late call in from the sideline, they're lining up with far too little time on the play clock. Then, they're asking Kayaa to turn away from the defensive alignment to get a very slow "check" from the sideline.

So, as the play clock burns down and every skill position player looks to the disorganized sideline to appease some-ones ego....The opposing defense shifts and Kayaa has only a few seconds to call the check and call for the snap.

With no time to scan the coverage and the wide receivers still asking WTF is going on, the ball is snapped with a second or two left on the play clock, vital downs are ****ed away.

Final possesion, 2:00 drill, they have timeouts...We all saw how discombobulated it was. OK, 4th and 9....Timeout...get it together and communicate WTF is needed. Instead Brendan Carrol and Coley are freakin lost, yelling, confused and it all culminates to shlt.

Coley scripts well, offense produces early....then it's a crap-shoot of disorganized nonsense going forward.

I agree with this. I think it still needs work that confused look was evident ESPECIALLY the play before the last one. They had walford ready for the upset and the DC from FSU caught it last minute and adjusted right after the TO. Coley should've realized that and prepped with a secondary play for that he ran the same play instead and Ramsey dropped instead of blitzed. INT game over. Smh

Advertisement
Back