The reality for 99% of college football fans

Advertisement
" I could have been a contender "...😩

Terry Malloy. (Played by Marlon Brando in "On the waterfront ")

Outside of Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio St every fan of their respective teams are as upset about their team’s performance as we are with ours. The biggest difference between us and most others is we were what Alabama is today. We’ve experienced the top of the mountain and stayed there for a very long time. Even when we fell off we came back with our strongest team ever. I keep hearing about facilities and crowds. If facilities and crowds made such a big difference then Texas and Oregon and others would dominate every year. They don’t. They have been just as disappointing as we have for the most part. I’m definitely not saying it’s something we should accept. Not by a long shot. Dominant, relevant Hurricane football is a part of my life I never wanted to let go and I still hold out hope. When and where it’s going to come from I don’t know but I’m hoping sooner than later.
i can’t speak for what frustrates you, but imo the situation at the U is unique and it isnt really because of our history. that’s just salt in the wound. the incompetence of the leadership of this program for two decades is stunning. the incompetence shows up on the field. 1–10 in bowl games. guys running into each other like we’re watching a bunch of kids pretending to be cfb players. the frustration for me isn’t that alabama is good, it’s that we’re terrible for reasons only we can fix, and we don’t fix them. year after year of talk followed by ‘nothing actually changed.’. that’s grating. and i guarantee you we’ll keep hearing the talk. but where’s the fix?

I just don't think it should be THIS hard for us to be one of the elites. We make it harder than it should be. Truthfully, our location should make the "bounce back" relatively easy compared to most programs. You can't keep hiring slapd!ck coaching staffs though, and you have to improve on your evaluations. Before Lashlee and his boys got here, we literally had the most unqualified coaching staff in P5. (and it's still very bad on the defensive side of the ball)

It was never going to be sustainable in the pros, that's a very different situation
It is different, but no dynasty ever lasts anywhere. When you have a major leader, they're almost impossible to replace. There will be lean years before a resurgence can happen.

Advertisement
I just don't think it should be THIS hard for us to be one of the elites. We make it harder than it should be. Truthfully, our location should make the "bounce back" relatively easy compared to most programs. You can't keep hiring slapd!ck coaching staffs though, and you have to improve on your evaluations. Before Lashlee and his boys got here, we literally had the most unqualified coaching staff in P5. (and it's still very bad on the defensive side of the ball)
yep. we focus on recruits but we’re sending amateur coaches against institutions that not only have experienced and talented coaches but major support for them you don’t even see. Alabama cycles through multiple people more qualified than our head coach to just advise.

Advertisement
Back