The real storm coming...

I was thinking the same thing after the UVA loss. The defense is going to be stripped of multiple playmakers and is going to regress next year. If the offense doesn't pick up the slack expect more losses next season.

This is a regular thing in CFB. Depends on the development of other players. We have studs coming in at LB as well as guys already here at CB. Only position I'm worried about is DT, but I think Nesta takes the mantle. Don't think the drop off on defense will be as bad as people think.

Advertisement
Our LB's have no business leaving. But wouldn't surprise me if they did since apparently it's a Miami tradition to leave early and leave money on the table.

Disagree, Shaq may stay, but Pinckney is gone. D will take a step back next year. DL in particular will go from a strength to a major question mark.
Not buying that, a lot of y’all said the dline would take a step back this year due to miami losing so much production last year and they have improved all around. Yes we will lose Gerald willis and possibly joe Jackson upfront but **** Djack doesn’t even play and imo we will sign a really talented de class to go along with a future star in Jon garvin, greg rousseau and a solid backup piece in Scott Patchan and that’s just worst case(likely) scenario if joe Jackson leaves.

Both of the linebackers should stay but if I have To bet on one of them staying it would be shaq but you never know.

Disagree, Shaq may stay, but Pinckney is gone. D will take a step back next year. DL in particular will go from a strength to a major question mark.

That's the difference between Shaq and Pinck. One will listen to bad advice, the other won't take it. DL for sure is a cause for concern but every program in the country goes through it, we shouldn't be worrying about that right now.

The only reason we have have been in games this season (not counting those against SS, FIU, Todelo) is because of our defense. FSU would of have been 100% a loss, and who knows what happens against UNC if the D doesn't score 3 TDs. That being said, this year is pretty much a lost cause. However, going into next year we are looking at a defense that very well will need to replace:

Graduating (Potential Replacements):
Jaquan Johnson (Amari Carter)
Gerald Willis (Jon Ford / Nesta Silvera)
Michael Jackson (Jhavonte Dean)
Sheldrick Redwine (Gurvan Hall)

Likely Leaving to NFL (Potential Replacements):
Joe Jackson (Scott Patchan / Greg Rousseau)
Shaq Quarterman (Bradley Jennings Jr)
Mike Pinckney (Waynmon Steed?)

Across the board, that is massive downgrade at almost half of our starting defensive positions. We have no reason to believe the establish culture around this program of kids bolting early will change, especially if it's clear that we won't be competitive on a national stage anytime soon. Hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel here over the next 2-3 years to get out of this cyclical mediocrity. Thoughts?
You are right.No hope for Miami football returning to its glory days.

Advertisement
Barring some crazy second half of the season production, no underclassmen on this team need to be thinking about leaving early. If they have any eligibility left they should come back.

Diaz has built a monster here with depth don't really see him going anywhere else.this sfla is home for Diaz it'd take a lot of money for him to leave.hope he rides this out hopefully the university does look at him if there's a hc change.think if Diaz was in charge he'd put his foot up a few a$$e$$ on the offensive side of the team.both players and coaches then you'd see a tough offensive team.least let the defense hold the offense accountable for this crap in the bed the o is doing.

This is a regular thing in CFB. Depends on the development of other players. We have studs coming in at LB as well as guys already here at CB. Only position I'm worried about is DT, but I think Nesta takes the mantle. Don't think the drop off on defense will be as bad as people think.

Experienced talent is needed to win championships in football. Talent alone won't do it.

Miami is not recruiting the type of talent that steps in day one and starts bringing home championships (ACC or national) . The LB's that Miami is bringing in, while talented, are going to need at least a year in the strength and conditioning program and on the field experience to win anything of significance.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting anything different.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He comin'

03_081122_MullenDan_2715_TCasey-L.jpg
we in trouble next year, thats the way it looks right now

Experienced talent is needed to win championships in football. Talent alone won't do it.

Miami is not recruiting the type of talent that steps in day one and starts bringing home championships (ACC or national) . The LB's that Miami is bringing in, while talented, are going to need at least a year in the strength and conditioning program and on the field experience to win anything of significance.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting anything different.

Of the things to worry about, the defense isn't it which is my point. Worry about the offensive side of the ball, not the defense.

Of the things to worry about, the defense isn't it which is my point. Worry about the offensive side of the ball, not the defense.

Oh, I'm worried about the offense. My original post was talking about the defense regressing next season and the offense not being able to pick up the slack without significant changes.

Advertisement
Back