The REAL hole that we are trying to climb out of!!!!

SOMEONE FACTOR THIS IN......WE CAN ALL SIT HERE DAY AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH.....AND EVEN YEAR AFTER YEAR AND DISSECT, ANALYZE AND FABRICATE REASONS FOR COACHING FAULTS AND FAILURES.....BUT AT WHAT POINT ARE THE PLAYERS HELD AND/OR HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE FOR LIFTING THEIR SKIRT ON SATURDAYS? I CAN SEE IT EACH AND EVERY TIME ONE OF OUR GUYS TAKES A CHEAP SHOT ON THE FIELD AND OUR BENCH DOESN'T EMPTY..... OB / FIU BRAWL RING A BELL? THIS PROGRAM HAS GOT TO GET HUNGRY AGAIN.....TEAMPRIDE101.....

IMO, UNTIL OUR ROSTER REFLECTS THAT "TEAM PRIDE" WITH PLAYERS WILLING TO LIVE AND DIE FOR "THE U" .... WE CAN RUN THE FACTS AND FIGURES BOTH FORWARD AND BACKWARDS 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF AND IT WON'T AMOUNT TO A LUMP OF WHALE ****.....AND FOLKS, THAT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN.....

EXAMPLE, (WITHOUT HAVING TO POST THE COUNTLESS NUMBER OF YOUTUBE VIDS).....REMEMBER KWII AND HIS LOCKER ROOM RANT?.... "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT NOBODY, 'CEPT THIS "U"....WE DON'T.....I'M A ******' SOLDIER!!"....SOME CANE FANS HATED HIM FOR THAT BECAUSE THEY SAID HE WAS "TOO ARROGANT & BRASH" BUT THAT'S THE HEART OF THIS PROGRAM WE'RE ALL MISSING..... OR HOW 'BOUT ED REED'S.... "I'M HURT DAWG!! ....." ANYONE ELSE SEE / FEEL THE MISSING PRIDE IN THIS PROGRAM?....IMO, THERE’S ONLY 2 GUYS ON THIS ROSTER I WOULD PUT IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS THOSE MENTIONED.....AND THAT'S CRAWFORD AND DUKE....

I'M GONNA LEAVE IT LIKE THIS.....AT SOME POINT, THIS TEAM IS GOING TO SNAP OUT OF THE ANGER AND FRUSTRATION OF BEING DISRESPECTED (AT LEAST I HOPE SO).....AND THERE'S NOTHING THAT AL OR DONNA WILL BE ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT .....BUT THEY "THE PLAYERS" HAVE TO GET HUNGRY ENOUGH TO WANT IT ... AND IT WON'T HAVE A ******' THING TO DO WITH NEW UNIFORMS, PERCENTAGES, JOCK SIZE OR EVEN AL AND HIS STAFF....THE PLAYERS WILL HAVE TO FLIP THE SWITCH.....

GO CANES!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think what would add some substance to the topic. Is taking other big programs that went through long droughts for whatever reason and their turn around.

Oklahoma, 4 years leading up to Stoops being hired went 17-27. After going 7-5 his 1st season. Stoops won a NC title his 2nd season and played in 2 others in his 4th and 5th year. Also won 11 or more games a season in that span.

USC, 4 years leading up to Carroll being hired went 25-23. After going 6-6 his 1st season. Carroll went 11-2 his second season and was AP NC his 3rd season. Along with winning it in his 4th and playing for it again in his 5th. 7 straight season of 11 wins and more. After his 1st year.

Those are just 2 programs. That if you look further back than just the 4 years prior to the coaches above arrival. You will see that they have been bad for some time. Now i know it will be hard if not impossible to come up with the recruiting classes. For these 2 examples, because the **** wasn't popping like it is now, but i imagine those teams weren't loaded with talent.

I know that some will try to use the cloud and they didn't have Randy. The Shula/Saban 2007 class wasn't the greatest class either. Check out that class and see how guys panned out in that one. Alabama was put on 5 years probation and 2 year bowl ban in 2002. Shula best class was his last prior to getting fired. Now i didn't go in and look how those guys panned out from the 06 class, but shula wasn't exactly lighting **** up. That is another program that went through some **** prior to Saban taking over.

Maybe if M3N can or will he can use them as an example as to how they went through the Dubose/Franchione/Price/Shula and Ncaa drama to Saban and 3 titles in 4 years.

Very good points. People try act like Miami is the only school to ever fall on hard times. It doesn't take 4+ years to turn around a program. Most coaches see major improvements in year 2. This next year will be very telling for Golden. Can Miami even be competitive in games against good to great teams? That is another issue I am seeing. Usually a great coach can get his team up to compete or even beat teams they shouldn't but Miami hasn't beaten anyone they shouldn't have under Golden. It hasn't been close really.

There's not much to disagree with here in regards to those coaches, which are considered great. The only one of those that has the closest resemblance as far as situation is Alabama. If they went on 5 year probation in 2002 and had 2 bowl bans, Nick Saben (which is the highest paid coach ) was the coach AFTER the team was punished. Alabama won the title in 2009, 7 years later, under what some consider the best coach.

Mentioning the cloud over and over doesn't make it any less true. It had an effect on recruiting.

Our punishment started August 25, 2011. This is going to year 3.

Problem is it didn't take Saban 7 years.

:ibisroflmao:

This made my day. Homeslice has no concept of discussion points.

Real question I have is this...

Is Miami the only major school at the FBS level that has had a roster management problem? Like the OP illustrated the previous recruiting classes and indicated the number of players who made it to campus, etc. I would have to believe that Miami is not the only school to have signed players to a LOI, and for whatever reason a player never makes it to campus, transfers or flames out.

I would really like to see Miami's previous classes compared to another school, just to see if the number of casualties are the same or similar in number. Schools like VT, Clemson or even another private school. If someone would like to take this on, I applaud them.

Advertisement
Back