The QB School Scouts D. King

I saw a QB that cannot make accurate deep throws that require touch. Everything deep is a line drive and severely under thrown. He can run very well-though I am not sure how his knee will affect that.
King really needs to get better for us to get better. He will have to become a better passer, especially throwing deep and rely less on running.
me being a king apologist i would say that the deep ball can be taught to a certain degree.. he also had some decent deep balls later into the season. the incredible runs and 3rd down throws he made in that game outshines his deficiencies imo

Advertisement
me being a king apologist i would say that the deep ball can be taught to a certain degree.. he also had some decent deep balls later into the season. the incredible runs and 3rd down throws he made in that game outshines his deficiencies imo

He's not a naturally accurate deep passer. Even his Houston highlights show inconsistency. So he needs a lot of practice reps with his WRs to get his timing down. Glad to see him out on the field throwing again. I expect him to have a much better season 2 under Lashleee. But the injury really set him back.

Yes sir glad to see him out there working!

Anybody that knows anything about throwing the rock, look at how he does his wrist, and his release, on that throw.

It shows a little bit of sophistication in the throw and release point, and the way he slightly rotates the motion through his wrist and hand, in other words, he was taking something off that throw, again, for anybody that knows how to throw the rock you’ll see what I’m saying.

Just one caveat: I never played quarterback nor do I pretend to be a QB expert, but I’ve seen plenty of people, follow it, and anybody that has the XY chromosomes can’t help but throw the ball when you get it in your hands

Anybody that knows anything about throwing the rock, look at how he does his wrist, and his release, on that throw.

It shows a little bit of sophistication in the throw and release point, and the way he slightly rotates the motion through his wrist and hand, in other words, he was taking something off that throw, again, for anybody that knows how to throw the rock you’ll see what I’m saying.

Just one caveat: I never played quarterback nor do I pretend to be a QB expert, but I’ve seen plenty of people, follow it, and anybody that has the XY chromosomes can’t help but throw the ball when you get it in your hands
Like he just flicked it out there, didn't step into it or rotate his body at all. I don't know why he threw it that way, maybe it's the drill. all arm and wrist but he got it where it needed to be. He throw that just over 30 yards?

Advertisement
Like he just flicked it out there, didn't step into it or rotate his body at all. I don't know why he threw it that way, maybe it's the drill. all arm and wrist but he got it where it needed to be. He throw that just over 30 yards?

You already noticed he didn’t really step into the throw - I think is pretty clear he intended that flip throw (for lack of a better word) all along, that is what he was practicing in that unusual drill.

It was a change of pace throw, an easier to catch ball, with the apparent aim of it being a precision throw with more arc, than on a line… A much more catchable ball if it’s thrown in the proper window, because of the slightly slower pace and the arc, trying to loop it over the defender‘s head - but at around 30 yards to pop it in like that is not an easy throw. Looks like he did it on this rep.

You already noticed he didn’t really step into the throw - I think is pretty clear he intended that flip throw (for lack of a better word) all along, that is what he was practicing in that unusual drill.

It was a change of pace throw, an easier to catch ball, with the apparent aim of it being a precision throw with more arc, than on a line… A much more catchable ball if it’s thrown in the proper window, because of the slightly slower pace and the arc, trying to loop it over the defender‘s head - but at around 30 yards to pop it in like that is not an easy throw. Looks like he did it on this rep.
I admit to not dissecting any qb videos but it seems like a 30 yard flick like that would take a good bit of arm strength. Not sure how much we can guess about his knee from the video but the arm strength is impressive or no?

I’m surprised no one is stalking his IG page. He has a few stories posted with him moving around in the pocket and throwing on the move.

Advertisement
I admit to not dissecting any qb videos but it seems like a 30 yard flick like that would take a good bit of arm strength. Not sure how much we can guess about his knee from the video but the arm strength is impressive or no?

Of course you have to do it with 300+ pound lineman bearing down on you, in a real game, but that was an NFL throw. Not necessarily because he rifled that in there, but because he didn’t and used some precision touch. It really does look like he’s working on his craft, which is not unexpected obviously, but anytime you see a quarterback working on details like throwing motion flick throws, where he controls/retards his forward motion/follow-through with a slight jump, that kind of craft honing is always a good thing.

Advertisement
Back