The Progessive Bowl Challenge Cup is OURS!!!!!!

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Break out the good champagne, fellas! Not only is the Cup and a (vicarious) Natty both ours in the same night but WE also went 10-4 over the weakling SEC this year! Ain't no pride like conference pride! How many td's you think Clemson would beat the Cleveland Browns by? I dunno but I do know that NC State probably would win the SEC West.....cause "it just means more" in the A-C-C!

20170110_080816.jpg

Advertisement
Clemson obviously had a much tougher road to the NC game because of that juggernaut ACC schedule. While Alabama had it relatively easy wading through the weak sludge of the SEC.

If Miami and FSU play the way they should, the ACC will be THE conference.

We haven't done it yet (a major head shaker), but Clemson, VT and others have played well.

Glad to see that our conference did so well...

Hopefully Richt will have us competing for championships soon...

I hate to say it, but I care about this **** right now because the SEC programs get a recruiting edge based on the "rep" they have. How much of the recruiting edge comes from the perception of SEC dominance vs. their booster network, who knows. Us getting back to the top of college FB will go a long way to knocking that **** back into the dark ages. And at that point none of us will have any reason to give a **** about how well the ACC does. But until then, I want every possible edge we can get to get back to the top. We are fighting too many other things like bagmen to not welcome being a part of a stronger FB conference.

Advertisement
This sound to much like that moral victory mess. I only root for the Canes!!!! Anything else is uncivilized.

I agree, who cares about what the conference and clemson did. I'm a Miami fan, not an acc fan. You guys are starting to sound like the SEC dummies.

Advertisement
Yall are slow if you didn't realize that this was a dig at all the half-witted cousin-****ers that run around for a whole year chanting "S-E-C. S-E-C" just cuz a team from their conference won the NC.

How does the AP rank West Virginia above Miami? That **** warrants a congressional hearing!!! More media bias, smfh.

Yall are slow if you didn't realize that this was a dig at all the half-witted cousin-****ers that run around for a whole year chanting "S-E-C. S-E-C" just cuz a team from their conference won the NC.

The remnants of the Holy Roman empire are crumbling. The newly unified ACCaliphate is about to out-civilize and out-savage those Southern brutes. ALLAHUAKBAR

Advertisement
Advertisement
That bowl cup **** was stupid but this is monumental in shifting the agenda. They TRIED to highlight the B1G but bowl season shut that **** down real quick. This is more than that. The media has conveniently forgotten that the ACC kept the SEC from winning an unprecedented 8 straight NCs when the semenholes beat auburn and handed the conferences only real talking point in Nick Saban his first EVER national championship loss and denied him history as one of the greatest ever. I feel like the media STILL hates us and holds the conference down because of it but this isn't something to just write off. PLUS Clemson rid us of Al Golden.

But to be clear, I'm all bama when they play fsu next season.

Conference records do matter. Playing in the SEC has been something their teams have been selling for a while. The ACC is a joke is something we have also been saying even by us. That's completely changed.Top to bottom we have HC's that stack up with anyone. That translates to a recruiting plus, attendance plus, TV plus and of course a financial advantage.

I hate to say it, but I care about this **** right now because the SEC programs get a recruiting edge based on the "rep" they have. How much of the recruiting edge comes from the perception of SEC dominance vs. their booster network, who knows. Us getting back to the top of college FB will go a long way to knocking that **** back into the dark ages. And at that point none of us will have any reason to give a **** about how well the ACC does. But until then, I want every possible edge we can get to get back to the top. We are fighting too many other things like bagmen to not welcome being a part of a stronger FB conference.

I'm ecstatic about Clemson. It ultimately helps us. ACC has been underrated. It is now both a football and basketball conference with very good academics.

Advertisement
Back