The Process

RichtshawFerguson

Redshirt Freshman
Considering how much Al Golden has referred to trusting "the process", I thought this quote was interesting.

"I don't believe in process. In fact, when I interview a potential employee and he or she says that 'it's all about the process,' I see that as a bad sign.

"The problem is that at a lot of big companies, process becomes a substitute for thinking. You're encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren't that smart, who aren't that creative."

- Elon Musk

Advertisement
Considering how much Al Golden has referred to trusting "the process", I thought this quote was interesting.

"I don't believe in process. In fact, when I interview a potential employee and he or she says that 'it's all about the process,' I see that as a bad sign.

"The problem is that at a lot of big companies, process becomes a substitute for thinking. You're encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren't that smart, who aren't that creative."

- Elon Musk

Where does this Elon Musk coach football?

Interesting quote. It is right in line with the thinking of the most successful youth/high school soccer coach in South Florida who is also a US National Soccer Team scout. He doesn't want anything to do with process or rigid soccer strategy until the kids turn 13-14 because he believes that it stifles the players' learning and ability to think on the field. His philosophy is that "if Lionel Messi grew up in the US, he wouldn't be as good a soccer player as he is now."

Obviously, football is more disciplined than futbol, but it is no surprise that highly successful people place an emphasis on thinking.

Interesting quote. It is right in line with the thinking of the most successful youth/high school soccer coach in South Florida who is also a US National Soccer Team scout. He doesn't want anything to do with process or rigid soccer strategy until the kids turn 13-14 because he believes that it stifles the players' learning and ability to think on the field. His philosophy is that "if Lionel Messi grew up in the US, he wouldn't be as good a soccer player as he is now."

Obviously, football is more disciplined than futbol, but it is no surprise that highly successful people place an emphasis on thinking.

talking bout Josef Shultz?

Advertisement

Maybe you missed this, but most of our players are now past the age of 13-14, which means that it would now be about process. Good post though.

Negative. John Ramos, who coached at American Heritage and Cypress Bay as well as running the Plantation Eagles. He wants zero structure in the younger age groups. His coaches sit on the bench and don't say a word as their teams get mopped up by the more structured teams, and once they hit 13-14, they start competing for championships because they then put in structure with kids who essentially played street ball for the first several years of travel soccer.

Maybe you missed this, but most of our players are now past the age of 13-14, which means that it would now be about process. Good post though.

Maybe you missed this, but I didn't say anything about UM football. Stop being so paranoid. Good post though.

What a stupid *** thread. While Elon Musk doesn't believe in "process", a guy named Nick Saban said this:

"It's about what you control, every minute of every day. You always have to have a winning attitude and discipline, in practices, weight training, conditioning, in the classroom, in everything. It's a process."

In one game in the Rose Bowl for the national title, give me Nick Saban over Elon Musk on most days.

Advertisement
What a stupid *** thread. While Elon Musk doesn't believe in "process", a guy named Nick Saban said this:

"It's about what you control, every minute of every day. You always have to have a winning attitude and discipline, in practices, weight training, conditioning, in the classroom, in everything. It's a process."

In one game in the Rose Bowl for the national title, give me Nick Saban over Elon Musk on most days.

I'll take Elon Musk's bank account over Nick Saban's every day.

Advertisement

So you believe that coaches should be applying business concepts on the football field. Thus, Nick Saban is wrong.

Advertisement

Hugo Stiglitz?

So you believe that coaches should be applying business concepts on the football field. Thus, Nick Saban is wrong.

Where did I say that? Take your head out of Folden's butt for a minute, and read and contemplate the posts to which you respond.

Different people use different approaches and have had success with them. There is no bright line rule for what works in every situation. I'm sure that a lot of business practices have been co-opted by successful football coaches like Nick Saban.

Negative. John Ramos, who coached at American Heritage and Cypress Bay as well as running the Plantation Eagles. He wants zero structure in the younger age groups. His coaches sit on the bench and don't say a word as their teams get mopped up by the more structured teams, and once they hit 13-14, they start competing for championships because they then put in structure with kids who essentially played street ball for the first several years of travel soccer.

I know who he is lol **** Johnny ramos, cant stand him

Advertisement
Back