The problem with coaching

The best thing Mario can do is drag out the termination of Gaddis, and take his time hiring the new OC - get right up against or maybe past early signing day.

That long, drawn out hiring process in hiring coaches sure worked out well this season. No use making a good hire in a timely manner just to maybe influence some really good recruits.

Leave that new OC position vacant until after early signing period - recruits LOVE not knowing who their coordinator will be.

Advertisement
Pounce has to go! Every position coach outside of fields abd maribal has to be gone
If the new OC wants to bring in his own staff, then field can move to an off field role and Smith can go too...

Only guy that I think is here no matter what is Mirabel.

Ponce and Gattis are gone.

Field and Smith are negotiable depending on what the new OC wants.... I like them both but they're not replaceable as coaches. Field is obviously a great recruiter though so I hope we can keep him in some capacity.

Easy to call plays when you have an OL like MIchigan - they arethe group who beat OSU the last two years. There's some rediculous stat about since 1989 the team with the most rushing yards has won that game.

The OL woes at Miami make it a place where HCs come to die. Canes recruited atoo many misses who probaby would have strugged in D-3, never got developed individually or got any better as a group playing together over the years. Still nothing changes until that does.

How do you explain Manny, with much less talent and not as accomplished assistants and resources.. getting way more out of his players?

Manny’s teams didn’t look like this.. they were bad.. but his teams fought hard for him..

There is absolutely no excuse for the L’s we took to some of the teams we did this season. And that falls squarely on Mario.
Manny's teams were garbage period :

I don't understand how the last group of coaches have not approached Partridge @ Pitt: guy takes unknowns and just develops then into cohesive units: I never seen Pitt anywhere near the top 20 in recruiting: yet every year they have tough O linemen and studs on the D line

Advertisement
Pounce has to go! Every position coach outside of fields abd maribal has to be gone
hire the OC and ask him who he wants. idc if mirabal braids marios hair on fridays, if the OC wants his own guy there, so be it. keep AM as an analyst.

Manny would have sucked this year without Lashlee too. C'mon man... at least Mario is an elite recruiter.
Lets revisit after Manny after Mario's 3rd year. I was on the Lane train, but put my support behind Mario. He sucked year 1, no two ways about it. Some was out of his control, some was not. He's got a ton to prove... have to win more than the offseason.
id agree w this.

the only caveat is that manny wouldve hired a similar style OC but recruiting was so bad at the end w manny, we still would have sucked. the schedule was so easy that we prolly finsih 6-6 or 7-5 again. i expect more out of mario bc i expected better coaching all around.

We’ve been focusing on it for three months. Now let’s see if it’s fixed or should we just continue to ***** to nauseam? Never mimd that’s a rhetorical question.
It is like dealing with a scorned woman. I guess they need to have their moment. The rhetorical question is will they move on or miserably dell in the past?

Advertisement
Back