The problem with coaching

jjpuppet

Recruit
Premium
So, Mario was was a by their standards a successful coach at FIU , was hired by Saban who called him one of his best recruiters, goes to Oregon where he goes 35-13 including 2 1st place finish's, Kevin Steele a long time successful defensive coordinator, Josh Gattis the broyles award winner, Alex Mirabel one of the most successful offensive line coaches all forget how to coach. Its the talent 5 years of horrific recruiting and star watching instead of actual player evaluation brought us to this point. Look at the transfers so far, Most 4 star who never sniffed the field. Yea its all Marios fault.

Advertisement
How do you explain Manny, with much less talent and not as accomplished assistants and resources.. getting way more out of his players?

Manny’s teams didn’t look like this.. they were bad.. but his teams fought hard for him..

There is absolutely no excuse for the L’s we took to some of the teams we did this season. And that falls squarely on Mario.

How do you explain Manny, with much less talent and not as accomplished assistants and resources.. getting way more out of his players?

Manny’s teams didn’t look like this.. they were bad.. but his teams fought hard for him..
Because the players enjoyed being bro bro with the HC. It still didn't make them that much better, if anything, the group of players who performed well was the offense. The defense was dysfunctional and full of cancerous players who refused to work hard, yet still played regardless.

Because the players enjoyed being bro bro with the HC. It still didn't make them that much better, if anything, the group of players who performed well was the offense. The defense was dysfunctional and full of cancerous players who refused to work hard, yet still played regardless.
Facts. I can give Manny a modicum of props for the Lashlee hire but that's it. He's a big reason the culture is so trash here. Players will easily play harder for their little beta buddy who let's them run amuck with 0 accountability. How people don't see this is odd.

Advertisement
I mean man…there’s literal proof that Jarren Williams went awol the week of FIU, showed up to the game higher than Cheech and Chong and eyes as red as the devil’s d!ck…and what did the captains/Manny do? They let him START.

If that doesn’t tell you how f’d the team was under Manny, I don’t know if you (not you Bender, just in general to other posters) should be on this board talking football because you don’t understand how important culture is in a locker room/team setting. Of course the guys are going to quit when Mario takes their fun away and makes them accountable for their actions and poor play. Some quit literally on the field, and some quit during practice/after games.

Now with that being said, it’s not only on the players. I know this is a shock, but coaches and players can both be the problem to form one gigantic ****show. Mario needs to fix both and essentially in one off-season.

There is absolutely no excuse for the L’s we took to some of the teams we did this season. And that falls squarely on Mario.

Because it was a country club, and the "way more" you're talking about was 7-5. Those quitters had no interest in playing for a coach who has actual expectations.

So, Mario was was a by their standards a successful coach at FIU , was hired by Saban who called him one of his best recruiters, goes to Oregon where he goes 35-13 including 2 1st place finish's, Kevin Steele a long time successful defensive coordinator, Josh Gattis the broyles award winner, Alex Mirabel one of the most successful offensive line coaches all forget how to coach. Its the talent 5 years of horrific recruiting and star watching instead of actual player evaluation brought us to this point. Look at the transfers so far, Most 4 star who never sniffed the field. Yea its all Marios fault.
Stop associating Gattis with the Broyles award. Michigan just beat Ohio State putting up 45 points in the process. That offense last year was good in spite of Gattis and really took off this year because Gattis left. It’s not the other way around.

Kevin Steele was retired and we stole him from Maryland, we didn’t exactly land a guy who is an up and comer in college football.

At the end of the day time will tell about this coaching staff starting next year Mario will have most of his own roster.

Stop associating Gattis with the Broyles award. Michigan just beat Ohio State putting up 45 points in the process. That offense last year was good in spite of Gattis and really took off this year because Gattis left. It’s not the other way around.

Kevin Steele was retired and we stole him from Maryland, we didn’t exactly land a guy who is an up and comer in college football.

At the end of the day time will tell about this coaching staff starting next year Mario will have most of his own roster.

Michigan put up 42 against Ohio State last year and made the playoffs, so not sure why we're claiming that Michigan made some huge leap.

Advertisement
DAD_2281-Copy.jpeg

Do you not remember the early part of last season before TVD and when we swapped to the air raid to finish the season?!

Lmao it was the same thing the defense was a wet paper bag of a defense and that’s when we were still crucifying Lashlee for his terrible HB up the gut on 1st and 2nd down before passing on 3rd and 7.

Manny vs FIU
Manny vs LATech
Manny vs UNC when they set a rushing record against us
Manny with Enos

Michigan put up 42 against Ohio State last year and made the playoffs, so not sure why we're claiming that Michigan made some huge leap.
Because Harbaugh had much more involvement in the offense last year. There are articles about the disfunction on the offensive staff last year at Michigan. They won in spite of Gattis not because of him.

But go ahead keep Gattis around for another year. 98 yards of total offense and 0 touchdowns for 10 straight quarters should be the norm here.

Why are we comparing Manny last year to Mario in the short term? If Manny stays we finish with a recruiting class in the 60’s making the rebuild harder for the next guy. In the short term we likely are better this year with manny but the core is still rotten. The same issues are still there it’s just a year worse.

Advertisement
I completely agree with what you guys have replied with.

But there is absolutely no excuse for this seasons results.. none..

Manny did better with way less.. he also had no business being the coach.. that is also facts,. But Mario managed to have maybe the worse season in Miami history.. with a much better roster, coaches and resources..

that’s just my opinion.

I completely agree with what you guys have replied with.

But there is absolutely no excuse for this seasons results.. none.. that’s just my opinion.
I think Mario severely underestimated the lack of talent on the roster + got fooled by Gattis/Steele hires. It’s on him for swinging and missing with the OC/DC.

He tried to patch holes in the portal but when he realized you can’t use duct tape to save a collapsing Dam, the season was lost.

Now he and everybody knows this roster is atrocious and coaches need to go - and he’ll undergo massive wholesale changes to both. Let’s see what the off-season brings us.

I mean man…there’s literal proof that Jarren Williams went awol the week of FIU, showed up to the game higher than Cheech and Chong and eyes as red as the devil’s d!ck…and what did the captains/Manny do? They let him START.

If that doesn’t tell you how f’d the team was under Manny, I don’t know if you (not you Bender, just in general to other posters) should be on this board talking football because you don’t understand how important culture is in a locker room/team setting. Of course the guys are going to quit when Mario takes their fun away and makes them accountable for their actions and poor play. Some quit literally on the field, and some quit during practice/after games.

Now with that being said, it’s not only on the players. I know this is a shock, but coaches and players can both be the problem to form one gigantic ****show. Mario needs to fix both and essentially in one off-season.
There comes a point where you have to have players who work hard on their own.

Advertisement
Who would Manny have hired as OC for this year after Lashlee left? Everybody knew he wasn't gonna last as a HC here so he'd have to get an OC that was willing to work under a lame duck HC with a terrible defense.

There's no guarantee we would have been better with Manny this year.

The problem is Mario could have hired anybody he wanted and he chose the worst possible OC and made so many terrible decisions that compounded.

At the end of the day I think he was overly ambitious and tried to change too much at once.

We might be better off in the long term for it but it's been beyond imagination disastrous for the short term.

Huge miscalculation of what this team was capable in year 1.

I think Mario severely underestimated the lack of talent on the roster + got fooled by Gattis/Steele hires. It’s on him for swinging and missing with the OC/DC.

He tried to patch holes in the portal but when he realized you can’t use duct tape to save a collapsing Dam, the season was lost.

Now he and everybody knows this roster is atrocious and coaches need to go - and he’ll undergo massive wholesale changes to both. Let’s see what the off-season brings us.
I agree 100%

Do you not remember the early part of last season before TVD and when we swapped to the air raid to finish the season?!

Lmao it was the same thing the defense was a wet paper bag of a defense and that’s when we were still crucifying Lashlee for his terrible HB up the gut on 1st and 2nd down before passing on 3rd and 7.

Manny vs FIU
Manny vs LATech
Manny vs UNC when they set a rushing record against us
Manny with Enos
Some of these idiots got amnesia. How quickly they forget they were complaining about the same **** last year with the exact same players. It’s exhausting reading this bs.

Advertisement
Back